[q] [radio issues]

Search This thread

cheekrox

Jun 10, 2011
Brussels
Hey, I'm currently on 65.1.40.XT910.AsiaRetail.en.03 and my radio is U_03.1C.91P
and I'm on the Vodafone network. Of late, (mostly since i've updated the OTA to 2.3.6) my phone has been acting up. Calls simply keep dropping after a few mins of talking. Texts don't get delivered and I receive texts hours after people have sent them. Is this coz of the radio? Is there any way I could try a new radio?

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
Hey, I'm currently on 65.1.40.XT910.AsiaRetail.en.03 and my radio is U_03.1C.91P
and I'm on the Vodafone network. Of late, (mostly since i've updated the OTA to 2.3.6) my phone has been acting up. Calls simply keep dropping after a few mins of talking. Texts don't get delivered and I receive texts hours after people have sent them. Is this coz of the radio? Is there any way I could try a new radio?

Yes, you can try another radio, but it looks like a carrier problem.

Use this trick to use others radios instead

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1409434

Cheers

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

cheekrox

Jun 10, 2011
Brussels
They're not smartphones....=P so can't really check their radio now, can I? I did try the first two radios mentioned in the link. One of them puts me on International Roaming. FML. I'l try the chinese one now.

trojan_downloader

Mar 19, 2010

Me, and a lot of customers of MTS network face with same problems with sms and mms. You may not recieve messages, or receive it later and several times. And there are no solutions of this issue, it's all the same in different radio and fw.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
It's hard to say, there were several mentions about same problems at another carrier. I think that it is a hw or sw problem and waiting for ics update.

Wanna make a brief test in your razr?

1. Type in dialpad

*#*#4636#**#

2. In the menu that appears, choose phone information

3. Navigate to SMSC and tap >update< (at your right)

The blank space shoulde be populated with Mobile Service Center number.

If you get an [update error] message that means your radio and sim chip are not compatible (happens mostly with older sim cards, cutted ones) if so, you have 2 options: wait for another driver 4.0 ICS, or buy a updated micro sim chip. (there is a third option often does't work, but - call carrier support, ask Mobile Service Center Number, set itt in blank space and type first left update. It's a bug and rarelly works)

If this was helpfull, please share the learnigs.

Thanks

Last edited:

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
It cannot be a carrier issue, as I also have the same system version and radio and I am on Vodafone network. I have not experienced any of this problem so far.. like you said, it could be because of the Mobile Service Center Number!!!

Okay, Danke for the feedback! Did you try the SMSC seting as pointed above?

trojan_downloader

Mar 19, 2010
Wanna make a brief test in your razr?

1. Type in dialpad

*#*#4636#**#

2. In the menu that appears, choose phone information

3. Navigate to SMSC and tap >update< (at your right)

The blank space shoulde be populated with Mobile Service Center number.

If you get an [update error] message that means your radio and sim chip are not compatible (happens mostly with older sim cards, cutted ones) if so, you have 2 options: wait for another driver 4.0 ICS, or buy a updated micro sim chip. (there is a third option often does't work, but - call carrier support, ask Mobile Service Center Number, set itt in blank space and type first left update. It's a bug and rarelly works)

If this was helpfull, please share the learnigs.

Thanks

Sure, I've done it, no use. Micro-sim is new.
We have to wait the ics, I guess)

Last edited: