Are you happy with your G2's ?

Search This thread

tuncay_93

Dec 18, 2011
Hello, I apologize if the thread alredy exist! I did search!
So coming from far kingdom of 4X HD I want to to know if you owners of the G2 are happy with this phone
What are the common issues you really faced, I did read some blogs with common issues but i believe here the people who really have experiance with the device can give me more accurate info.
I am aiming for the D802 model non carrier branded open europe region.
Also i will not flash any roms and kernels and mods to it.
My 4x HD fits perfectly to my needs but it has some issues with it like bad build quality some plastic parts around the sides of the device are coming off. It has overheating issues. Its power button keeps dirt and its not responsive. So does the G2 come with such issues ?

jucca

Jun 3, 2010
Split
I have it 10 days now, and wish I didn't bought it actually.
had issues with data connection on 3G/4G when it was on 4.2.2, now on 4.4.2 seems that is corrected
Next thing that irritate me is when you're in browser it doesn't react well when you scrolling, you need do realase fingers two times for every scroll. Tried in various browser on both JB and KK, and it is same
Next, on the sun, screen is barely readible
Next, sound is really crap, you can forgot to speak via speakerfon, and music is terribly bad produced via speakers
Camera, it sucks at low light
Web browsing, S4 and i5 are FASTER, we done side by side test
Also connecting to wifi is at least 4 times slower than my ex i5, my wifes S3
Placing of volume keys are really retarded
If you buy 16GB version, you will actually have less than 9GB free. I'm so mad on this, and you cannot put SD card.
I have 6GB pictures from my ex i5, putted Navigon, and almost no space left. I had lots of Android phones till now, but this G2 is worst ever. For the first time I was unable to keep NAND backup on the phone, few ROMs, and pictures, navigation,... you name it.
It looks very cheap too.

Last edited:

erto90

Jun 21, 2008
Firenze ( Florence )
had issues with data connection on 3G/4G when it was on 4.2.2, now on 4.4.2 seems that is corrected
Next thing that irritate me is when you're in browser it doesn't react well when you scrolling, you need do realase fingers two times for every scroll. Tried in various browser on both JB and KK, and it is same
Next, sound is really crap, you can forgot to speak via speakerfon, and music is terribly bad produced via speakers
If you buy 16GB version, you will actually have less than 9GB free. I'm so mad on this, and you cannot put SD card.
I have 6GB pictures from my ex i5, putted Navigon, and almost no space left. I had lots of Android phones till now, but this G2 is worst ever. For the first time I was unable to keep NAND backup on the phone, few ROMs, and pictures, navigation,... you name it.
It looks very cheap too.

Sell it, then
I'm really happy with mine, coming form an HTC One, the only thing i missed is the stereo audio
The rest, is superior in G2, battery life is spectacular, awesome camera, wonderful screen!

zain rizvi

Dec 4, 2008
Islamabad
Sell it, then
I'm really happy with mine, coming form an HTC One, the only thing i missed is the stereo audio
The rest, is superior in G2, battery life is spectacular, awesome camera, wonderful screen!
Happy as hell after recently using s4, note2, htc one(built quality and audio was awesome) and Htc butterfly.
Doesnt looks cheaper than Galaxy series.

Last edited:

jucca

Jun 3, 2010
Split
Sell it, then

Agree, screen is really godd, but in indoors
Batery life is great, can't and I didn't complained about that.

jucca

Jun 3, 2010
Split
never tried iphones, never liked them, so can't say if that's true or not
but for android devices, g2 is just like all the others top gamma outdoor

You have to beleive me. If I have to read something on a sunny day with a G2, need to cover screen to be readable. Never done this with an i5
I have to keep brightness at almost 100% at all the time, never needed to keep it so high on any phone till now.

Trixanity

Mar 11, 2014
I don't have that much trouble. I use lux, so I automatically get the best brightness for legibility.

Sent from my LG-D802

AnteusFogg

Oct 28, 2013
Jersey City
I'm really happy with my G2. Coming from a Galaxy S4, the battery life is stellar, the stock-based roms are awesome and I must say I don't regret the "stock" CM/AOSP experience with this phone.
For camera, stock is just OK but with the available mods it becomes very good. Granted, it's not the best one can find but it's definitely great for a point-and-shoot use.
Screen wise, I've never been much bothered with the sun so far. My experience is same or better than with the SGS4.
Performance overall is very good and I hardly find any activity where I'm dissatisfied with it. Often the lags and stutters are more caused by the app as I had experienced the same with my S4.
Buttons placement is actually good when you need to adjust during a call. Otherwise it may not be the most intuitive but you get just used to it and it becomes natural.
Knock on feature is awesome. Can't wait for knock code (d801 here...)
Call quality is very good, no complains on that front.
Speaker quality, well for Skyping it's good and loud enough, and I don't understand people listening to music through their phone speakers anyway. When it's in public I want to slap them and in private you gotta have crappy hears to listen to music on ANY phone that way anyway. When you buy a high-end, high-dollars phone you get a dock or BT speakers.

I certainly don't regret the switch!

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tuncay_93

Dec 18, 2011
Ouch i am impressed how large the community of the G2 it is!
I missed ot ask something... Since the 4X is the 3rd LG device i used i had an 2x long time ago also used optimus G it wasnt mine
And i noticed that on software side there are some issues. On the stock 4.1.2 of the 4x it takes up to +/- 5secs. to open dialer app then a lot of lag
After using it for about week or two it becomes almost unuseable. And the features LG merged on the 4.1.2 to prevent 4x from cathing fire were the most stupid thing they could do... 10 mins of internet or smth that uses more CPU... and brightness drop to 70% then more 10 mins and drops to 50% and you are not able to brighten it up till gets cool again....

oadam11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 19, 2013
plus.google.com
Came from iphone 4s and am extremely happy I made the switch. I'm definitely in love with this phone. The screen size is perfect for me and the display is very nice. I also enjoy the really slim bezels and I like the back buttons( hope I'm not the only one lol).

Also enjoy flashing custom ROMs
Sent from my LG-VS980

fleeting_dreams

Dec 29, 2013
Manila
I'm quite happy with my experience with the LG G2 thus far. I agree that sunlight legibility is not the best, but it is still not that bad. I hardly use my phone outside anyway. The only thing I don't really like is the glossy enclosure. I wish LG used the soft rubber that it used for the Nexus 5.

Oh, and it helps that the development for our phone is active. :) I get just the experience I want with all the ROMs, kernels and Xposed modules available out there.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tuncay_93

Dec 18, 2011
It looks very cheap too.
from what i read here 9Gb are not really enough for you... and you were happier with your i5...

Came from iphone 4s and am extremely happy I made the switch. I'm definitely in love with this phone. The screen size is perfect for me and the display is very nice. I also enjoy the really slim bezels and I like the back buttons( hope I'm not the only one lol).

Also enjoy flashing custom ROMs
Sent from my LG-VS980
Nice i am happy to hear possitive comments about this phone its nice.