[DIY] SmartAss Cover for your Asus TF101

Search This thread

jardan

Apr 14, 2006
Hey guys, I am thinking to make a custom case for my TF101 and I stumble on this thread. My question is would the magnet affect the gps or any other of the components of the tablet?

Thanks

jardan

Apr 14, 2006
OK, thank you for your answer. I was just wondering if the magnet, when the case is flipped behind the screen, it effects the screen or sd card or sim card or something. but I suppose since you have been using it for a while, there shouldn't be any problems.

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
OK, thank you for your answer. I was just wondering if the magnet, when the case is flipped behind the screen, it effects the screen or sd card or sim card or something. but I suppose since you have been using it for a while, there shouldn't be any problems.

The trick is to find a magnet that work to turn screen ON/OFF but not too strong that it effect anything else when it's behind the tablet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yup, it's here, and you can do it!
    Hope you enjoy it!

Don't carve your cases/buy any special thin strong magnet until you're sure you have the functionality you want!

Jelly Bean!
    Some users reporting it works great. In my XP, it works perfectly on RaymanFX's JB rom.

-On ICS:
    Some roms:
    Lock+Wake - Same functionality as in iDevices!
    Tested on: Megatron Rom, (derived from CM9)
    May work perfectly on your ICS rom.

On some ICS roms:
    It will work the opposite way.
    Meaning that the device will unlock (wake) when the magnet gets closer to the screen,instead of further away (like Apple's, or other ICS roms)

-Non-ICS roms:
    This only WAKES the device, doesn't unlock it.
    If you want unlock you can set locking method to None in the preferences.
    It does NOT Lock the device on honeycomb roms.
    Tried this with my ROM and it works as it should
    Magnet close to the tab puts it to sleep
    Magnet far from the tab wakes it up and bypasses lockscreen
    Works on ICS also

It works on ICS also as a proof i just posted a video on youtube.

search for "Asus Transformer TF101 Magnetic unlock"
    It works on ICS also as a proof i just posted a video on youtube.

search for "Asus Transformer TF101 Magnetic unlock"

YEAH! now only works if you haven't lock screen/pattern/password to unlock ;)

change this in options-security
    I am ready to do an incision on my case but can you please explain more of what to expect when I cut the surface and some tips perhaps?
    I want mine to be as nice as possible. My mom brought the case so I don't want to ruin it :p
    Do you have to pull some of the material out before you can insert the magnet?

Yes, you have to make some space in the case in order for the magnet to fit in.
    Anyway, try it yourself first only with the magnet, carefully or covered in some soft tape (or blacktape like in the previous example, 2 posts above) so that you dont damage the screen.

On a sidenote, works great for me on RaymnFX's JellyBean (it's AOSP based)

So glad you guys liked the idea :D