[RECOVERY][TWRP] TeamWin v2.X (2.2 - July 11th)

Search This thread

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
This has me all sorts of excited...

With no true Touch CWM for our devices, MY only real choice is/was Rogue recovery (Internal and External flash-ability) or an older version from Roach & co.

Glad to see this coming, I am a big fan of Touch CWM, Touch TWRP, and my #1 favorite: 4EXT!

If you could manage to get the partitioning scheme from 4EXT (when dealing with the actual /sdcard not the internal mounted as /sdcard) for Storage/EXT4/SWAP, and an option to Super or Lite wipe (from the scripts flashed normally with CWM) this would be beyond #1 for the TF101!

One-up 4EXT and add partition table unit size adjustments when formatting to say "why bother" with the rest :p

Cant wait to get my TF101 back from repair... having to de-stock-ify it is always fun :D

RaymanFX

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
This has me all sorts of excited...

With no true Touch CWM for our devices, MY only real choice is/was Rogue recovery (Internal and External flash-ability) or an older version from Roach & co.

Glad to see this coming, I am a big fan of Touch CWM, Touch TWRP, and my #1 favorite: 4EXT!

If you could manage to get the partitioning scheme from 4EXT (when dealing with the actual /sdcard not the internal mounted as /sdcard) for Storage/EXT4/SWAP, and an option to Super or Lite wipe (from the scripts flashed normally with CWM) this would be beyond #1 for the TF101!

One-up 4EXT and add partition table unit size adjustments when formatting to say "why bother" with the rest :p

Cant wait to get my TF101 back from repair... having to de-stock-ify it is always fun :D

Please someone direct me to the 4EXT recovery system sources ...
I tried to find them, but it isn't easy.
I can port the 4EXT if I can get the sources ...

But no worries, TWRP will be made fully working before doing anything else.

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Please someone direct me to the 4EXT recovery system sources ...
I tried to find them, but it isn't easy.
I can port the 4EXT if I can get the sources ...

But no worries, TWRP will be made fully working before doing anything else.

sadly im pretty sure 4EXT is closed source...

Ill ask the port maintainers for my other devices to see... but im sure ill get the cold shoulder

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
Backups don't seem to work for me at all, it just hangs at verifying filesystems. I tried at first to backup system, data and boot but it hung for an hour. So I went back in and tried to backup just system and data, it still got hung up though. I then tried just backing up cache and it ran through successfully but said that it had backed up 0 MB even though cache was 16 MB.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
I tried this earlier and it looks promising. I could see internal storage just fine, but when I switched it to use external I couldn't find my microSD. I think it was seeing the empty sdcard I had in the dock, but I looked around all over and couoldn't find the microSD files anywhere. I'm back to Rogue Touch for now, but will check this out again later.

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I tried this earlier and it looks promising. I could see internal storage just fine, but when I switched it to use external I couldn't find my microSD. I think it was seeing the empty sdcard I had in the dock, but I looked around all over and couoldn't find the microSD files anywhere. I'm back to Rogue Touch for now, but will check this out again later.

External micro sd is listed as "sdcard". I do agree it's a little different and need some getting use to.
I use TWRP on the HTC One S and it's a little simpler.

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I looked there but it was empty, with either setting internal or external. I know my microSD inserted in the tab is definitely not empty.
Forgot to add.
Go into "Mount" and select "Mount SDCard" also.
My files showed up after i did that.
d036209e-3971-cbe6.jpg

Last edited:

cbrox

Sep 8, 2011
Florida
Thanks rayman33, excellent work! Backed up to different roms and then restored each rom from their backups with no issues. Job well done.

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012
Ill stat by saying this is an amazing recovery, everything working fine so far other then for some reason I cant see the internal storage. whether i mount sd card or internal storage it just shows files from my external sd card. but doesn't bother me worth while sacrifice.

Cheers

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
So if I have CWM do I just flash this from there and it will flash over It? I have just recently started altering my TF101 i had wanted to wait until more support for SBKv2 devices was available and since that has become the case Im ready to get moving!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
So if I have CWM do I just flash this from there and it will flash over It? I have just recently started altering my TF101 i had wanted to wait until more support for SBKv2 devices was available and since that has become the case Im ready to get moving!

Yes just boot into CWM recovery, flash the TWRP-2.1.8.zip file, reboot and you should see the blue progress
bar working. Once done you can boot back into recovery and should see TWRP recovery.

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS

Yes, you just flash it from within CWM.

scottyf79

May 1, 2011
United Kingdom *****ez.
Ill stat by saying this is an amazing recovery, everything working fine so far other then for some reason I cant see the internal storage. whether i mount sd card or internal storage it just shows files from my external sd card. but doesn't bother me worth while sacrifice.

Cheers

Look for the /data/media folder.......that was my mistake anyway.
(or data/media/download - depending on if you dont move your flashable zips to the root of the sd)

Last edited:

kay_kiat88

Dec 19, 2010
just highlighting some bugs I've found while playing around with the recovery. Thanks and great work OP :)

1. While using the file manager, once u navigate to /data there is no way of going back to /. For the file manager tapping on the ".." brings u back to the previous folder but in /data the ".." is not present so u can't move back to ur external sd card since u can't access /. hope u understand what i'm trying to say lol.

2. Reboot recovery from TWR doesn't reboot to recovery.

Other than that I believe everything is working as it should be. Haven't tried backing up and restoring though. thanks again rayman.

just a little suggestion: would it be possible to tweak the recovery such that it highlights the stuff then we tap on?

RaymanFX

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
just highlighting some bugs I've found while playing around with the recovery. Thanks and great work OP :)

1. While using the file manager, once u navigate to /data there is no way of going back to /. For the file manager tapping on the ".." brings u back to the previous folder but in /data the ".." is not present so u can't move back to ur external sd card since u can't access /. hope u understand what i'm trying to say lol.

2. Reboot recovery from TWR doesn't reboot to recovery.

Other than that I believe everything is working as it should be. Haven't tried backing up and restoring though. thanks again rayman.

just a little suggestion: would it be possible to tweak the recovery such that it highlights the stuff then we tap on?

I know those errors ...

1. FIXED !

2. This is because of the fix of Roach2010 which prevents the recovery bootloop. Because of this, recovery boot flags are cleared before the recovery system itself even boots up.

Another update :

OpenRecovery script DOES work, but GooManager fails to pass the correct "reboot to recovery" command to our devices. This is only fixable in the app's source code ... sadly .

What I'm trying to do now is to hide the "boot" partition from backing up.

FIXED FILE MANAGER ATTACHED

Attachments

• TWRP-2.1.8_fix.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, I want to present you the

TEAM WIN RECOVERY PROJECT
    (TWRP)

v2.X for our Transformers

This is the touch version of Team Win's recovery project.
    It is already avaiable for many devices, but not for ours, so I ported it.

In addition, I am the responsable developer and maintainer for this recovery, so if any errors occur, please post them in this thread and I will see what I can do.

WHY did I port this ?

• We do now have a fully functional file manager in the recovery system
    • The GooManager app lets you now install .zips directly through the open-recovery scripting system
    • You can queue .zips for flashing in recovery, makes installing new roms MUCH easier !

WHICH features do we have after-all ?

• Key Features:
      • Ability to save custom recovery settings
      • Default partitions to back up
      • Default zip folder location
      • Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to ffolkes!)
      • Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps)
      • Zip Signature Verification
      • Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
      • Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
      • Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
      • Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
      • Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D's stock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
      • Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
      • Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
      • Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
      • Home - Main Menu
      • Menu - Advanced Menu
      • Back - Up a Menu Level
      • Search - Select Current Selection
      • Battery Level and Timestamp (Better safe than sorry)
      • Fully working terminal emulator (with exclusive fixes by me)
    WHAT does work ?

• The file manager
    • Using internal and external storage mounts
    • Backup & restore
    • Zip file installing
    • Mounting devices
    • Everything else ?

WHAT doesn't ?

• OpenRecovery scripting
    • You tell me !

A FEW NOTES

• OpenRecovery scripting for GooManager and others does currently *NOT* work, this is because the init.rc is missing a recovery boot flag, because of this the GooManager app fails to pass the correct recovery command to our device. This will be fixed very soon !

• ??? --- Profit.

DOWNLOADS

FLASH THE TWRP-X.zip file in your current recovery!

NEWEST DOWNLOADS ALWAYS AT
    android.lensmangallery.com

Code:
    [FONT=Georgia] 
    [B]v2.2

[/B] [/FONT]
    [LIST]
    [*][FONT=Georgia][B]Fixed EVERYTHING.[/B]Really. No bugs left ![/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]When installing a zip, you can now choose from internal or external storage right from the 'install zip' page, just like in Rogue Touch Recovery ![/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia][B]Added a super-awesome terminal emulator in 'advanced' page ! Try this out, it's amazing, really ! [/B][COLOR=Red]In addition, it has a special goodie by me, the command you type in, and hit enter, would normally stay there until you delete it manually each time. I fixed the source, so it goes away after hitting enter, just like a real command prompt ![/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/LIST]

[B]v2.1.8 FINAL[/B]

[LIST]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Fixed the 'free disk space' shown on backup tab. Now it displays always the correct size which is left for backups, either internal or external storage. Both do fully work now.[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Fixed the *EXTERNAL* storage automount, when you change your storage paths (mount->change radio buttons), while clicking the 'using external sdcard', the external MicroSD gets automounted. It gets auto-unmounted again when hitting 'using internal storage'[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Fixed the boot partition backup system. Since we cannot backup /boot , I excluded this partition from the whole nandroid system. The button in the backup tab is gone now, so no choice to fail at backing up anymore ![/FONT]
    [/LIST]

[FONT=Georgia] [B]
    v2.1.8

[/B] [/FONT]
    [LIST]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Initial release[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Based on newest TeamWin Sources[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Touch recovery[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Tablet UI (1280*800) resolution
    [/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia]Modified recovery.fstab & BoardConfig to make this compile.[/FONT]
    [*][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Red][B]SOURCE[/B][/COLOR] is at [/FONT][URL]https://github.com/skirata/device_asus_tf101[/URL] and [URL]https://github.com/skirata/Team-Win-Recovery-Project-v2.X[/URL]
    [/LIST]
    Credits

Team Win

Team Douche

Cyanogenmod

Shane Francis

Roach2010

Quick update :

I talked back to Dees_Troy,

I hope I can convince him to modify the TWRP source a bit to support our TF's even better.
    Also, he will maybe help me with hosting the recovery, and with OpenRecovery script (I explained the problem, he said we may talk to the devs of GooManager to include a separate 'reboot-recovery' command, specially for the Transformer)

Great fixes and stuff incoming !
    He also announced he will drop the 2.2 source soon, so I will upgrade the recovery immediately after he pushes out the new version :)

Stay tuned folks !
    v2.2

v2.2 Release - Get it now !

Changelog (from the op) :

v2.2

• Fixed EVERYTHING.Really. No bugs left !
    • When installing a zip, you can now choose from internal or external storage right from the 'install zip' page, just like in Rogue Touch Recovery !
    • Added a super-awesome terminal emulator in 'advanced' page ! Try this out, it's amazing, really ! In addition, it has a special goodie by me, the command you type in, and hit enter, would normally stay there until you delete it manually each time. I fixed the source, so it goes away after hitting enter, just like a real command prompt !