[GUIDE] Root/Install recovery/Unroot/Unbrick/Flash official stock on Galaxy Note 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Here is a full guide on how to root and install custom recovery on Galaxy Note 3.​

How to do root:

NOTE 1- MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE FILE FOR YOU CORRECT OS VERSION, THE FILES ARE DIFFERENT FOR 4.3 AND DIFFERENT FOR 4.4.2!

NOTE 2- IF YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO FLASH A ROM THEN NO NEED TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE, SKIP THIS AND GO TO HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY!

Step 1)Get the CF root file compatabile to your vairant from here.. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46098944&postcount=2

Step 2) Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home Buttons together for few seconds followed by Power button then proceed with volume up.

Step 3) Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Galaxy Note 3 to your computer.

Step 4) Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn blue (or yellow) and will show the COM port number.

Step 5) Click on pda in odin (if odin 3.09 choose AP) and choose the ".tar" file.

Step 6) Tick "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options and make sure that "Re-Partition" is unchecked

!!!!DO NOT CHECK "Nand Erase All" IN ANY WAY!!!!

Step 7) Click on Start button in ODIN window to start the flashing process. The process will take few minutes to complete.

DO NOT UNPLUG USB CABLE WHILE EXECUTING THE PROCESS, YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE!

Step 8) When the installation is completed, you read a "Reset " then a "Pass". your phone will restart

How to install custom recovery:

Get a recovery for you device -

Philz(ONLY FOR SNAPDRAGON VARIANTS)
For KK(the latest version are unified for all snapdragon variants)
For JB(Go to your specific device folder and get a version before 6.13.0)

TWRP
NOTE 1- FOR JB GET A VERSION BEFORE 2.6.3.8

CWM
NOTE 1- FOR JB GET A VERSION BEFORE 6.0.4.5(1121)

Instructions-

Step 1) Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home Buttons together for few seconds followed by Power button then proceed with volume up.

Step 2) Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Galaxy Note 3 to your computer.

Step 3) Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn blue (or yellow) and will show the COM port number.

Step 4) Click on pda in odin (if odin 3.09 choose AP) and choose the ".tar" file.

Step 5) Tick "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options and make sure that "Re-Partition" is unchecked

Step 6) Click on Start button in ODIN window to start the flashing process. The process will take few minutes to complete.

Step 7) When the installation is completed, you read a "Reset " then a "Pass". your phone will restart

For Latest firmwares see third post and fourth post for troubleshooting
[/CENTER]

CREDITS-
@Chainfire
@Chenglu
@Phil3759
@bigbiff

Last edited:

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Here is a full guide on how to unroot and go back to official stock firmware for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900/N9005/N900T/N900W8. It is also useful if you soft brick your phone.​

!!!DON’T TRY FIRMWARES LINKED IN SECOND AND THIRD POSTS ON OTHER VARIANTS!!!​

Before we proceed, make sure:

1-You have installed the Note 3 SM-N900/N9005/N900T/N900W8 USB drivers on your PC (the easiest way is to install Kies).

2-You need to enable USB debugging mode which is deactivated by default. (you can skip it ;))

3-Your Note 3 should have 70-80% charge remaining.

4-Backup your important data like Call logs, SMS and other data stored in phone memory in case if anything goes wrong, your data is not hurt.

5-Make sure that kies program is not running & disable antivirus.

This guide can be used for ALL Galaxy Note 3 BUT the FW posted are ONLY for N900/N9005/N900T/N900W8. So DON’T flash them on other variants.

How to do it:

Step 1) Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home Buttons together for few seconds followed by Power button then proceed with volume up.

Step 2) Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Galaxy Note 3 to your computer.

Step 3) Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn blue (or yellow) and will show the COM port number.

Step 4) Unzip the downloaded firmware and you will get a tar file.

Step 5) Click on pda in odin (if odin 3.09 choose AP) and choose the ".tar" file.

Step 6) Tick "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options and make sure that "Re-Partition" is unchecked

Step 7) Click on Start button in ODIN window to start the flashing process. The process will take few minutes to complete.

Step 8) When the installation is completed, you read a "Reset " then a "Pass". your phone will restart (first boot will take a longer time so don't panic) :good:

It is recommended to do a factory reset after flashing to have a fresh official firmware. Personally, i prefer to wipe data and cache before and after flashing the firmware.

Download Links:​
Odin

CREDITS-
@samersh72 - For letting me use his guide as a "base", thanks alot bro.. :highfive:

@fahadali2315 - For helping everyone in the forum, and not expecting anything thanks/credit in return... :D

Last edited:

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
N900 Firmwares Link:

N900 samsung-update.com

N900 sammobile.com

N900T Firmwares Link:

N900T samsung-update.com

N900T sammobile.com

N900W8 Firmwares Link:

N900W8 samsung-update.com

N900W8 sammobile.com

N9005 Firmwares Link:

N9005 samsung-update.com

N9005 sammobile.com

Here are links to some uploaded stock N9005 KK/4.4.2 firmwares.

THX to @ValenteL
THX to @Przekret
THX to @P4R14H P

NOTE- THESE FIRMWARES WILL LOCK THE BOOTLODER WHEN UPGRADING TO KK FROM JB, AND YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO DOWNGRADE!!

4.4.2 KitKat :

Czech Republic ETL => XXUENC2_ETLENB1_XXUENC2 Download => MIRROR-1
Single CSC = ETL. Hidden file = 8.441 KB. Not need pit file.

United Kingdom BTU => XXUENB7_OXAENB1_XXUENB1 Download => MIRROR-1
OXA = Multi-CSC 5 csc's BTU by default, on Post #5. (Not need the Pit file fromDBT + UK VFG.csc. Hidden file = 8.441 KB).

Germany DBT => XXUENB7_DBTENB2_XXUENB1 Download => MIRROR-1
Note: If You have flashed already the Pit file on NB4 DBT not need more. The hidden file have also 53.125 KB like NB4 DBT.

France XEF - OXX Multi-CSC ==> XXUENB4_OXXENB1_XXUENB1 Download => MIRROR-1
OXX = Multi-CSC 21 csc's on Post #5. (Not need the Pit File from DBT. Hidden file = 8.441 KB like Asia Rom)

Singapore XSP => XXUENB4_ OLBENA3_XXUENB1 Download => MIRROR-1
OLB = Multi-CSC 10 csc's on Post #5. (Not need the Pit File from DBT).

Germany DBT => XXUENB4_DBTENB1_XXUENB1 Download => MIRROR-1 + MIRROR-2
Note: To flash this DBT over/after XEO (or oldest), must include this PIT File. Thanks @HSD-Pilot

Poland XEO - OXX Multi-CSC
N9005XXUENB3_OXXENB1_XXUENB1-XEO Download =>MIRROR-1 + MIRROR-2 + MIRROR-3 Thanks @Przekret and @P4R14H P

Macedonia MBM => N9005XXUENA7-MBM Download =>MIRROR-1 + MIRROR-2 Thanks @P4R14H PL

Romania (Cosmote) COA => N9005XXUENA7-COA Download => MIRROR-1
Romania (Orange) ORO => N9005XXUENB5_OROENB6-ORO Download => MIRROR-1
Note: ORO have a Hidden file = 22.233 KB. If FAIL (Size) after Hidden in Odin, must use the Pit file from step #3 bottom.

+ OLD Rom to Poland:
N9005XXUENA6_OXXENA5_XXUENA2-XEO Download => XXUENA6

Last edited:

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Odin troubleshooting: If Odin accidentally gives you "fail" try the following:

- Repeat procedure.
- Make sure that all actions of Kies are disabled from task manager.
- Change usb port.
- Try another usb cable (make sure it is the original).
- Try another Odin version.
- Uninstall and re-install driver.
- Try another computer.

Bootloop troubleshooting: Bootloop occurs when a smartphone is not able to boot properly and stuck on Bootanimation and mainly caused by system files interfering with each others which cause instability and/or crash at the boot sequence. How to fix:

- Boot the device either into stock or custom recovery, wipe cache then reboot. If the device still bootloops, boot again in recovery and wipe data/factory reset then reboot. If the bootloop still isn’t fixed:
- Restore a nandroid backup with custom recovery if present. If not:
- Flash or reflash the official stock firmware. If not:

Last edited:

iamKTG

Apr 2, 2014
unroot

Guys I am not getting stock rom matching my basband number.
So can I use any other stock rom of my country(INDIA) to unroot my device???
My baseband version is N900DDUCMJ1

EDIT

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012

iamKTG

Apr 2, 2014
thanx

Thank u so much ...
But I am new and dont know what FW means

Yes, as long as the FW is for your phone you can flash it.

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!![/QUOTE]

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

I am not able to download stock rom from the link you provided...
can u provide me a working link...
I want stock firmware for sm-n900 INU(india)...

Plz plz help me...
I am new to all this stuff

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Last edited:
Reactions: iamKTG and Khizar

MLodyXX

Mar 29, 2011
Does it mean that after rooting, intalling custom rom I can do this and I'll have my waranty back?

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Thank u so much ...
But I am new and dont know what FW means

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

I am not able to download stock rom from the link you provided...
can u provide me a working link...
I want stock firmware for sm-n900 INU(india)...

Plz plz help me...
I am new to all this stuff

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!![/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
FW= Firmware
here is the stock INU 4.4.2 for SM-N900 http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=26457 register to download.

Yeah i should have said firmware but I am so used to saying FW I didn't think.

PS- Oh and btw @samersh72 thanks for helping out in this thread bro, I appreciate it..:):)

Does it mean that after rooting, intalling custom rom I can do this and I'll have my waranty back?

No. There is no way to reset knox binary counter so no way to get warranty back.

Last edited:

iamKTG

Apr 2, 2014
knox

So my knox will not work if I flash this firmware??

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!![/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Yeah i should have said firmware but I am so used to saying FW I didn't think.

PS- Oh and btw @samersh72 thanks for helping out in this thread bro, I appreciate it..:):)

No. There is no way to reset knox binary counter so no way to get warranty back.

danube100

Apr 5, 2014
Today I was trying to flash my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to 4.4.2 but I was always getting a fail by using .zip file from Luxumbourg, so just a word of warning but not confirmed...dont use their .zip files to flash your phone..

I used the Poland one to flash my phone and it worked flawlessly..

Reactions: Khizar

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Reactions: Khizar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a full guide on how to root and install custom recovery on Galaxy Note 3.​

How to do root:

NOTE 1- MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE FILE FOR YOU CORRECT OS VERSION, THE FILES ARE DIFFERENT FOR 4.3 AND DIFFERENT FOR 4.4.2!

NOTE 2- IF YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO FLASH A ROM THEN NO NEED TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE, SKIP THIS AND GO TO HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY!

Step 1)Get the CF root file compatabile to your vairant from here.. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46098944&postcount=2

Step 2) Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home Buttons together for few seconds followed by Power button then proceed with volume up.

Step 3) Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Galaxy Note 3 to your computer.

Step 4) Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn blue (or yellow) and will show the COM port number.

Step 8) When the installation is completed, you read a "Reset " then a "Pass". your phone will restart

How to install custom recovery:

Get a recovery for you device -

Philz(ONLY FOR SNAPDRAGON VARIANTS)
    For KK(the latest version are unified for all snapdragon variants)
    For JB(Go to your specific device folder and get a version before 6.13.0)

TWRP
    NOTE 1- FOR JB GET A VERSION BEFORE 2.6.3.8

CWM
    NOTE 1- FOR JB GET A VERSION BEFORE 6.0.4.5(1121)

Instructions-

Step 4) Click on pda in odin (if odin 3.09 choose AP) and choose the ".tar" file.

Step 5) Tick "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options and make sure that "Re-Partition" is unchecked

Step 6) Click on Start button in ODIN window to start the flashing process. The process will take few minutes to complete.

Step 7) When the installation is completed, you read a "Reset " then a "Pass". your phone will restart

[/CENTER]

CREDITS-
    @Chainfire
    @Chenglu
    @Phil3759
    @bigbiff
    Here is a full guide on how to unroot and go back to official stock firmware for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900/N9005/N900T/N900W8. It is also useful if you soft brick your phone.​

!!!DON’T TRY FIRMWARES LINKED IN SECOND AND THIRD POSTS ON OTHER VARIANTS!!!​

Before we proceed, make sure:

1-You have installed the Note 3 SM-N900/N9005/N900T/N900W8 USB drivers on your PC (the easiest way is to install Kies).

2-You need to enable USB debugging mode which is deactivated by default. (you can skip it ;))

3-Your Note 3 should have 70-80% charge remaining.

4-Backup your important data like Call logs, SMS and other data stored in phone memory in case if anything goes wrong, your data is not hurt.

5-Make sure that kies program is not running & disable antivirus.

This guide can be used for ALL Galaxy Note 3 BUT the FW posted are ONLY for N900/N9005/N900T/N900W8. So DON’T flash them on other variants.

How to do it:

Step 4) Unzip the downloaded firmware and you will get a tar file.

Step 8) When the installation is completed, you read a "Reset " then a "Pass". your phone will restart (first boot will take a longer time so don't panic) :good:

It is recommended to do a factory reset after flashing to have a fresh official firmware. Personally, i prefer to wipe data and cache before and after flashing the firmware.

Download Links:​
    Odin

CREDITS-
    @samersh72 - For letting me use his guide as a "base", thanks alot bro.. :highfive:

@fahadali2315 - For helping everyone in the forum, and not expecting anything thanks/credit in return... :D
    N900 Firmwares Link:

N900 samsung-update.com

N900 sammobile.com

N900T Firmwares Link:

N900T samsung-update.com

N900T sammobile.com

N900W8 Firmwares Link:

N900W8 samsung-update.com

N900W8 sammobile.com

N9005 Firmwares Link:

N9005 samsung-update.com

N9005 sammobile.com

Here are links to some uploaded stock N9005 KK/4.4.2 firmwares.

THX to @ValenteL
    THX to @Przekret
    THX to @P4R14H P

NOTE- THESE FIRMWARES WILL LOCK THE BOOTLODER WHEN UPGRADING TO KK FROM JB, AND YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO DOWNGRADE!!

4.4.2 KitKat :

Czech Republic ETL => XXUENC2_ETLENB1_XXUENC2 Download => MIRROR-1
    Single CSC = ETL. Hidden file = 8.441 KB. Not need pit file.

United Kingdom BTU => XXUENB7_OXAENB1_XXUENB1 Download => MIRROR-1
    OXA = Multi-CSC 5 csc's BTU by default, on Post #5. (Not need the Pit file fromDBT + UK VFG.csc. Hidden file = 8.441 KB).

Germany DBT => XXUENB7_DBTENB2_XXUENB1 Download => MIRROR-1
    Note: If You have flashed already the Pit file on NB4 DBT not need more. The hidden file have also 53.125 KB like NB4 DBT.

France XEF - OXX Multi-CSC ==> XXUENB4_OXXENB1_XXUENB1 Download => MIRROR-1
    OXX = Multi-CSC 21 csc's on Post #5. (Not need the Pit File from DBT. Hidden file = 8.441 KB like Asia Rom)

Singapore XSP => XXUENB4_ OLBENA3_XXUENB1 Download => MIRROR-1
    OLB = Multi-CSC 10 csc's on Post #5. (Not need the Pit File from DBT).

Germany DBT => XXUENB4_DBTENB1_XXUENB1 Download => MIRROR-1 + MIRROR-2
    Note: To flash this DBT over/after XEO (or oldest), must include this PIT File. Thanks @HSD-Pilot

Poland XEO - OXX Multi-CSC
    N9005XXUENB3_OXXENB1_XXUENB1-XEO Download =>MIRROR-1 + MIRROR-2 + MIRROR-3 Thanks @Przekret and @P4R14H P

Macedonia MBM => N9005XXUENA7-MBM Download =>MIRROR-1 + MIRROR-2 Thanks @P4R14H PL

Romania (Cosmote) COA => N9005XXUENA7-COA Download => MIRROR-1
    Romania (Orange) ORO => N9005XXUENB5_OROENB6-ORO Download => MIRROR-1
    Note: ORO have a Hidden file = 22.233 KB. If FAIL (Size) after Hidden in Odin, must use the Pit file from step #3 bottom.

+ OLD Rom to Poland:
    N9005XXUENA6_OXXENA5_XXUENA2-XEO Download => XXUENA6
    Odin troubleshooting: If Odin accidentally gives you "fail" try the following:

- Repeat procedure.
    - Make sure that all actions of Kies are disabled from task manager.
    - Change usb port.
    - Try another usb cable (make sure it is the original).
    - Try another Odin version.
    - Uninstall and re-install driver.
    - Try another computer.

Bootloop troubleshooting: Bootloop occurs when a smartphone is not able to boot properly and stuck on Bootanimation and mainly caused by system files interfering with each others which cause instability and/or crash at the boot sequence. How to fix:

- Boot the device either into stock or custom recovery, wipe cache then reboot. If the device still bootloops, boot again in recovery and wipe data/factory reset then reboot. If the bootloop still isn’t fixed:
    - Restore a nandroid backup with custom recovery if present. If not:
    - Flash or reflash the official stock firmware. If not:
    Keep up the good work :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks brah.. :)

Guys I am not getting stock rom matching my basband number.
    So can I use any other stock rom of my country(INDIA) to unroot my device???
    My baseband version is N900DDUCMJ1

EDIT