[Q] rom manager?

Search This thread

carenot77

Oct 6, 2011
I'm so gosh darn proud of all you developers! Without you guys I'd so be up a creek :) I just got the one and only AT&T I717 NOTE and now currently running the one and only sourom (much thanks indeed given to those part , and there fine works of art- willing to let us flashahaulics deal with our addiction the safest way possible!) Quick question regarding rom manager...... When flashing clockwork recovery from rom manager...What system do you choose? I had my infuse prior to this beast and the galaxy i9ooo was the one to use...... help with choice so I can become a recovering addict instead of fixing issues all the time! Thanx a $);# ton. Fillercrackin77

sag7392

Apr 20, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Coming from an EVO, I used ROM Manager quite a bit to flash ROMs. But if you already have the latest clockworkmod, you don't need to use that feature. Just throw whatever you want to flash on the sdcard and use ROM Manager to boot into recovery or you could use Titanium Backup to boot into recovery. Either way, you get to recovery without holding the buttons. Unless there is something I'm missing built into the ROM...which I haven't found in the Unofficial ROM.

Hope this helps...

KodeRiter722

Mar 6, 2011
Boston, MA
Coming from an EVO, I used ROM Manager quite a bit to flash ROMs. But if you already have the latest clockworkmod, you don't need to use that feature. Just throw whatever you want to flash on the sdcard and use ROM Manager to boot into recovery or you could use Titanium Backup to boot into recovery. Either way, you get to recovery without holding the buttons. Unless there is something I'm missing built into the ROM...which I haven't found in the Unofficial ROM.

Hope this helps...

A few developers have warned against using ROM Manager to any capacity on the Note. Some people have run into errors when flashing roms just from booting into recovery via rom manager. i would avoid it at all costs. just use the vol down+vol up+power combo...its the safest bet for now....

studacris

Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
If you must have an app... Flappjaxxx, a fellow collective member, has an app called power tool on the market with power options, such as reboot recovery, reboot download, ect...

Quickboot also does the same thing, but power tool is prettier, and it was written by a note owner/developer :D

Reactions: vinnyjr and sag7392

Harry GT-S5830

Apr 9, 2012
ROM manager hard bricks a few phones if you flash wrong recovery, be careful.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
If you must have an app... Flappjaxxx, a fellow collective member, has an app called power tool on the market with power options, such as reboot recovery, reboot download, ect...

Quickboot also does the same thing, but power tool is prettier, and it was written by a note owner/developer :D
I just downloaded powertool, works great and it has it all. Used to use quickboot, worked good but powertool is made for the Samsung phone. I have the paid version of Rom Manager, too bad it has not been updated for the Note.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Unless there is something I'm missing built into the ROM...which I haven't found in the Unofficial ROM.

Hope this helps...

Yup you did. The toggles in the drop down, one of them is reboot, clicking on that will bring up another prompt asking if you want to simply reboot, or reboot into recovery.
    Thanks for chiming in...I knew there had to be a multi-stage reboot with Unofficial...deleting ROM Manager.

you can always try this as a "replacement"...

it doesn't have all the features, but well... :p