RCA tablet fully bricked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search This thread

ajmp2236

Jan 3, 2014
Please help i accidentally bricked my RCA rct6378w2 7-inch tablet to the point where it wont boot up or boot to recovery... it just flickers once when i press a button for longer then 3 seconds and i also cannot connect it via usb as i am unable to boot it to recovery.... please help me ... my father got this for me for Christmas and i don't want to let him down. thank you in advance:crying:

chrisdaun

Nov 25, 2013
How did you brick it?

What happens if you:
1. Hold the power button for 5 seconds to hard power it off
2. Hold the volume down button
3. While still holding the volume down button, press and hold the power button.
4. Hold both buttons for 5 seconds.

ajmp2236

Jan 3, 2014
okay well i didnt know how to root at first and i didnt want to use a computer so i downloaded this rom and flashed via recovery menu and it was going fine but there was no root so i was confused so i ended up rooting it using a computer using kingo because its a generic tablet and well i did that and it went well for a few days until i got droidsniff and that ****ed it up because it was running and then the battery died.... please help:crying:

goofwear

@ajmp2236 I am and IT guy I have used droid sniff for about 6 months or so and never had a problem That app did not brick or ruin your phone.

I also have the same rca dual core rct6378w2 tablet and there is not custom rom or recovery for it yet only stock,. what rom did you try and flash and where did you get the file from, also so can not flash roms or files until we get a custom recover built, only factory sign updates will flash in
stock recovery.

If the droidsniff app killed the battery go charge it for a while and it should work again. please let me know if any of this helps or works.

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
I'm thinking you are going to have to get a USB jig to force it to go to download mode

Sent from my YP-G1 using xda app-developers app

darkstorm1720

Jan 28, 2014
Info on RCA Tablet

here is information I found useful for the RCA Tablet RCT6378W2

Model Number
RK3168

Semiconductor technology
28 nm HKMG

CPU Instruction Set
Up to 1.2 GHz Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9

CPU
ARMv7-A

GPU
PowerVR SGX 540 (400 MHz)

Memory Technology
LPDDR2, DDR3, DDR3L support

Availability

Utilizing Devices
RCA RCT6378W2,

Alex2young

Jun 22, 2014
I got it

Please help i accidentally bricked my RCA rct6378w2 7-inch tablet to the point where it wont boot up or boot to recovery... it just flickers once when i press a button for longer then 3 seconds and i also cannot connect it via usb as i am unable to boot it to recovery.... please help me ... my father got this for me for Christmas and i don't want to let him down. thank you in advance:crying:

I have rom give me your email and I'll give you link

jetplane1823

May 8, 2014
Thats my backup rom, i posted them in androidforums for downloads, there is now a rca tablet section, i also updated the files in img format also comes with the parameter for someone to mod, also the updated files are from my rooted rca, but the original files are stock.

Heres the link.

http://androidforums.com/rca-rct637...-in-img-format-use-w-phoenix-card-3-06-a.html

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Nice to get credit, i go by androidcustom18 give me thanks.

pooter82

Mar 6, 2015

i fully bricked mine as well. mind you i have rooted a few android phones in the short time but i found some update for the rock chip series rca 7" tablet. long story short i had to install this random update on sd card and go into recovery to install it. now i will point out i rooted my tab with kingoo root and it worked but only on windows, i run a linux mint 17.1 os so you can imagine my frustration when doing things easy with windows, but however i re installed a base os for it to boot back into the rca software. and yes it is still rooted so here is the update ish thingy i found which should work for most rca 7" rct blah blah blah...............now DO NOT UNZIP ****, JUST PLACE INTO YOUR SD CARD AND DO THE INSTALL AS YOU WOULD CUSTOM SOFTWARE. NOT SURE IF IT WILL SHOW UP AS A DOWNLOAD IN THIS THREAD BUT YOU CAN EMAIL ME AND I WILL GLADLY SEND ANYONE WHO HARD BRICKED THEIR TAB THE FILE. HARD BRICK MEANING IT'S ON BUT SCREEN IS BLACK WITH A GLOW

Attachments

• 1.0.3.zip
    228 KB · Views: 711

pooter82

Mar 6, 2015
solution for bricked rca rct6 blkah blah the cheap fukars

did u get official rom?? my tablet also bricked..
..............install this zip as you would any zip on sd card for update and reboot recovery and waa laaa should have a working rca tablet. not sure who made it but maybe the dev's can make a custom rom using this file. and thanks go's to the one who made it although i can't remember the site i went to or link but here it is.............it is probably the closest thing to an actual firmware update meaning stock version of the rom rather then finding it online after like say 15 hours looking :)

pooter82

Mar 6, 2015
rca 7" tablet bricked and can't find firmware download?

this is my first on xda site so here go's......i assume most know by now if you landed here, there is little about the rca tablet. custom roms and stuff like that. so i will just say a semi short explanation on my rca trials and errors.....

first i rooted it with a computer running windows 7 or 8, using kingoo root. not the apk but the .exe, which you can download from their site just google kingoo root and should come up as first one.

now onto the brick portion of the rca, if you see only the rca logo and it don't do anything then it's a soft boot, easily fixable just reboot into recovery cause for some reason it takes two reset or restart to go into the actual tablet with programs n stuff.....

now if it turns on and shows the rca logo then go's black and you can seee it's on but after waiting for 5 minutes or even 2 and it hasn't turned on then it is hard bricked (meaning nothing loads or works and your holding your penis in your hand......

to fix this issue for the rca 7" black friday cheap ass tablet, rct625w you know which i mean, just install the zip file onto your extern sd card as you would the official update for any droid tab, i should also point out just put it in the general area of your card like putting a file in the c: drive of ur comp like an image or doc....
now what your going to do is reboot into recovery and select install update from sd, once in there you should see the file i posted below show up as a zip, click it and wait for verification and install then reboot and if brought back to recovery just reset again and voila it should give you a rca 7" tablet working with all the bells and whistles that usually come with this **** ass black friday sale for 39 and change!

p.s. my wife payed 95 for it before we knew they were only 50 bucks in walmart canada :D

i have bricked this tablet 6 times trying new ways to install a cmpletely diff os like a samsung or an archos or whatever isn't an rca **** box.....

Attachments

• 1.0.3.zip
    228 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Reactions: truetech000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    please help guys im new to rooting tablets but give me linux and im your man....:confused:
    rca 7" tablet bricked and can't find firmware download?

this is my first on xda site so here go's......i assume most know by now if you landed here, there is little about the rca tablet. custom roms and stuff like that. so i will just say a semi short explanation on my rca trials and errors.....

first i rooted it with a computer running windows 7 or 8, using kingoo root. not the apk but the .exe, which you can download from their site just google kingoo root and should come up as first one.

now onto the brick portion of the rca, if you see only the rca logo and it don't do anything then it's a soft boot, easily fixable just reboot into recovery cause for some reason it takes two reset or restart to go into the actual tablet with programs n stuff.....

now if it turns on and shows the rca logo then go's black and you can seee it's on but after waiting for 5 minutes or even 2 and it hasn't turned on then it is hard bricked (meaning nothing loads or works and your holding your penis in your hand......

to fix this issue for the rca 7" black friday cheap ass tablet, rct625w you know which i mean, just install the zip file onto your extern sd card as you would the official update for any droid tab, i should also point out just put it in the general area of your card like putting a file in the c: drive of ur comp like an image or doc....
    now what your going to do is reboot into recovery and select install update from sd, once in there you should see the file i posted below show up as a zip, click it and wait for verification and install then reboot and if brought back to recovery just reset again and voila it should give you a rca 7" tablet working with all the bells and whistles that usually come with this **** ass black friday sale for 39 and change!

p.s. my wife payed 95 for it before we knew they were only 50 bucks in walmart canada :D

i have bricked this tablet 6 times trying new ways to install a cmpletely diff os like a samsung or an archos or whatever isn't an rca **** box.....