[Q] Nexus 5 displaying wrong size: 32 GB only showing 16 GB

Search This thread

Klunn

Feb 4, 2014
I have bought and rooted a 32 GB Nexus 5. I flashed all the .img files from factory image initially. The only problem is the phone only shows 16GB available in filesystem under storage, and 32GB (correctly) in fastboot as variant. Is there any way to either:

A) increase the data partition size so I do not need to format and lose my information?
or
B) Easily backup all information in data partition and reformat the phone to retrieve the lost storage and then restore this? Will this restore all app info as well? i.e all SMS/MMS/Call log information, game scores, save games etc.
or
C) Any other methods to do this without losing any data?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I have bought and rooted a 32 GB Nexus 5. I flashed all the .img files from factory image initially. The only problem is the phone only shows 16GB available in filesystem under storage, and 32GB (correctly) in fastboot as variant. Is there any way to either:

A) increase the data partition size so I do not need to format and lose my information?
or
B) Easily backup all information in data partition and reformat the phone to retrieve the lost storage and then restore this? Will this restore all app info as well? i.e all SMS/MMS/Call log information, game scores, save games etc.
or

Look here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2513701 for fixing the 16GB issue, backup all first first as this will wipe your device. There is no other way unfortunately.

Reactions: danarama

Klunn

Feb 4, 2014
Please use search as stated in the rules. Asked and answered so many times before

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trust me. Frustration with finding the search strings was getting to me. No solid answers after 1 hr of trying everything I could think of. Finally used "restore nandroid to 32GB", and bang - its there. Just factory formatted and got the space back, then restored nandroid and voila! Everything back to before with 16GB more. :victory:

Sorry about the duplication, but guess I'm dumb late in the day haha :silly:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Here's a hint, use xda in your search string. e.g. nexus 5 32 gb is now 16 xda.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

or
    or

Look here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2513701 for fixing the 16GB issue, backup all first first as this will wipe your device. There is no other way unfortunately.