Flashing Tool (Emma)

Search This thread

bombdog

Jun 5, 2011
Toon
I was going to flash a generic ROM on to my Z2 and to do so it seems you need use the flashing tool "Emma".

http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/how-to-download-and-install-the-flash-tool/

The problem I have had is when I registered my details to become a "flasher" (ha!) I still haven't received an email from Sony to let me log into "Emma" to start the flashing process.

Anyone else had this issue of not receiving this confirmation email or have I possibly inputed my email address in incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
I used FlashTool to flash the latest firmware on mine with no issues, I know other have posted saying they used it too.

Reactions: bombdog
X

x102x96x

i

I was going to flash a generic ROM on to my Z2 and to do so it seems you need use the flashing tool "Emma".

http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/how-to-download-and-install-the-flash-tool/

The problem I have had is when I registered my details to become a "flasher" (ha!) I still haven't received an email from Sony to let me log into "Emma" to start the flashing process.

Anyone else had this issue of not receiving this confirmation email or have I possibly inputed my email address in incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

as i know (& remember correctly) Emma FlashTool is just for Unlocked bootloaders...
so u need to unlock it first

:good:

bombdog

Jun 5, 2011
Toon
as i know (& remember correctly) Emma FlashTool is just for Unlocked bootloaders...
so u need to unlock it first

:good:

Well I don't know how "Emma" knows that my phone is not unlocked before I even log in to use it? I think my point is I haven't received a confirmation email from Sony that allows me to open the flashing software in the first place. Oh well. Will try a different email address and if that don't work I'll contact Sony directly. Thanks anyway guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used FlashTool to flash the latest firmware on mine with no issues, I know other have posted saying they used it too.
    Id recomend using "FlashTool" instead of "Emma FlashTool" to unlock

Or even folow the guide doomlord has posted over in the Z1 forums