4.3 for AT&T Galaxy S4 Active finally here

Search This thread
just curious, seeing as you can open/extract the update file in 7-zip...could we just rename it to a zip and flash it through the recovery? or would that just be a big fail?

Or is there any way this could be converted into an ODIN file?

Last edited:
ah well thought it could work.

What I really need then is a copy of the /system/app folder from stock MF3 then haha. I modded a few of the system apps and I believe thats why my update keeps failing. The updater script checks all the fils in system before begining the actual update and with my modded files i of course fail the check. At least I believe thats what my problem is after reading through the updater script in the OTA file.

Edit:

Actually, can anyone on stock MF3 (AT&T) upload a few files from their /system/app folder for me?

Files I need, and corresponding odex if possible: (a full copy of the /system/app folder would be awesome if possible)

Blurb.apk
Chrome.apk
Flipboard.apk
Peel.apk
Phonesky.apk
PlusOne.apk
SamsungWatchON.apk
SecLauncher3.apk

I may also need "/system/media/shutdown.qmg" because I know at one time I had changed it, but I cant for the life of me remember if I put the original back

Last edited:

ewa12321

May 19, 2010
Is KNOX Warranty Bit present in download mode after update?

from S4 Active Blue Ocean

altabu

Aug 14, 2010
Failed to update after restart

I have no root and was able to see receive the update OTA but after I restarted the phone, it says that the update failed. When I try to check the update again, it is saying that I am up to date but am still on 4.2.2 when I check the device settings. Any one else with this issue? Thanks.

Miami_Son

Feb 4, 2009
Hurricane Country
What new things are available after this update? If there nothing significant, I am hesitate to update, lose root and have to wait until another root is possible.

Same here. I'd rather keep root as I'm happy with how my phone is running right now. Also, I have frozen a bunch of stock apps with TiBU. I suspect I would have to unfreeze them before attempting the update? Guess I'll wait until someone figures out a way to root this latest update or just wait for 4.4.

DJ_smooth

Feb 25, 2011
Houston
I really want to know if the s4 Active got ANT+ support like the regular S4. I am willing to trade root for ANT+ (but want both ideally)

LukeLeBron

Apr 26, 2011
Gulfport
Okay, so I took the update file, renamed to update.zip and put it on my SD card. Attempted to install via recovery, started to work, but gave me an error about blurb.apk

(I deleted blurb and all the at&t bloat.) I then reinstalled via the play store, and converted to a system app with titanium backup. I tried to reinstall it again, but it still gave me the same error with the blurb.apk

=(

Okay, so I took the update file, renamed to update.zip and put it on my SD card. Attempted to install via recovery, started to work, but gave me an error about blurb.apk

(I deleted blurb and all the at&t bloat.) I then reinstalled via the play store, and converted to a system app with titanium backup. I tried to reinstall it again, but it still gave me the same error with the blurb.apk

=(

Im still having problems myself. Uninstalled busybox, back to stock build.prop, unrooted, done everything I can think of to get this update working.
I still really believe its the fact that the updater script checks a majority of the /system/ files SHA1 checksums before it will do the update. if its not the ORIGINAL STOCK FILE the checksums wont match up and therefore errors out the update.

I would absolutely LOVE it if someone would do me a huge favor and upload their STOCK UNMODDED(no modded or updated APKs) MF3 /system/apps folder so I can replace my missing/modded apk/odex files and test my theory.

androitri

Aug 23, 2011
Hey guys just an FYI I can confirm the following root methods didn't work.

VRoot
KIngo Root (acts like it wants to work but device just reboots over and over, gave it probably 5 reboots before I gave up)
Activeroot Geohot
Framaroot apk
ODIN CF-Auto-Root (found here: http://download.chainfire.eu/316/CF-...xx-gti9505.zip)

Any other ideas?

You could try this :D
Saferoot >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758
Cydia Impactor >> http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

Shep FC3

Dec 30, 2010
Utah
shep-dev.com
This is such a good update. I'm not sure what they did with the graphics and text, but it looks so much cleaner and clearer. Stability has been great and device is snappy.

Avail211

Jul 4, 2013
Same here. I'd rather keep root as I'm happy with how my phone is running right now. Also, I have frozen a bunch of stock apps with TiBU. I suspect I would have to unfreeze them before attempting the update? Guess I'll wait until someone figures out a way to root this latest update or just wait for 4.4.

x2. At least you froze your apps instead of uninstalling them, it seems to be the current theme with people who can't update that they deleted apps/renamed them/heavily modified them and are now unable to update.

I don't think anything major changed with the update. Galaxy Gear maybe? That's about it. More Knox crap? That's what I want... :eek: Until we have a solid root (or someone cracks the bootloader :rolleyes:) I'll be perfectly content on MF3. I couldn't care less about an incremental update. Even KitKat isn't all that world-changing on my Nexus 7.

wenyi189

Jan 11, 2014
I think I solved my own problem. After rooting the phone, I renamed the KnoxAgent.apk and KnoxAgent.odex files. When I changed them back and rebooted the phone, the update completed successfully.

Android version 4.3
Baseband i537UCUBML2

After updating to 4.3, how do you root the phone again? I just bought this phone for my gf and updated to 4.3 right after receiving the phone, but I would like to flash CM.

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
I just updated last night. Had to replace shortcuts for apps moved to SD and there's more bloatware, but it feels pretty good so far. I just need to get root back for a lot of my apps.

EDIT:
For the record, I had frozen apps before doing the update. However I had done so by "Disabling" them through the built in App Manager. They showed up as frozen in TiBU. I didn't unfreeze them before doing the update. The update just re-enabled them all as far as I can tell. I've had to disable them again.

Last edited:

crispy1805

Oct 3, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
I am not sure what they did in this build, but I am getting fantastic battery life from this build. It wasn't bad before, but it is better now. I do hate that KNOX agent is back :-\

Last edited:

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
What's this SE for Android security policy? I don't recall seeing this before. Is this part of KNOX? And will it interfere with rooting the phone?

Oct 10, 2013
ah well thought it could work.

What I really need then is a copy of the /system/app folder from stock MF3 then haha. I modded a few of the system apps and I believe thats why my update keeps failing. The updater script checks all the fils in system before begining the actual update and with my modded files i of course fail the check. At least I believe thats what my problem is after reading through the updater script in the OTA file.

Edit:

Actually, can anyone on stock MF3 (AT&T) upload a few files from their /system/app folder for me?

Files I need, and corresponding odex if possible: (a full copy of the /system/app folder would be awesome if possible)

Blurb.apk
Chrome.apk
Flipboard.apk
Peel.apk
Phonesky.apk
PlusOne.apk
SamsungWatchON.apk
SecLauncher3.apk

I may also need "/system/media/shutdown.qmg" because I know at one time I had changed it, but I cant for the life of me remember if I put the original back

i think im having this same problem i debloated and added a few apps to the system apps and every time i try to update it just says update has been interrupted anyone have any idea how to update after modifying system apps?

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
i think im having this same problem i debloated and added a few apps to the system apps and every time i try to update it just says update has been interrupted anyone have any idea how to update after modifying system apps?

I would say not to update yet. There isn't a means of rooting the phone again so far as I've seen. The update doesn't make a big enough difference to justify that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll have it uploaded within the hour to Dropbox unless someone beats me to it. I'm at 50% right now.

Upload took a little longer than I thought. Also file is .cfg and not a .zip from the OTA. But it will still run on phone through update. I'll post link and screenshots as soon as the file uploads.
    Can somebody pull the update file off their phone for the rest of the community? You have to do this before you install update. Basically what the phone does is download the update to a temporary directory on your phone and then installs the update. Once updated the phone then deletes the update file.

1. Your phone will download the update file.
    2. It will ask you to install the update, DON'T press Cancel and DON'T press Update, instead hit the home button (don't worry it will ask you again later).
    3. Open your root file manager, go up to the root directory and go to /cache/fota/ and copy the zip file from your phone to your computer. This zip file is the update file.
    4. Upload the file and post the link for the community
    5. Wallow in all the "Thanks" you will receive

IMPORTANT: You must grab the update file before your phone updates or the file will be deleted.

EDIT: Information about copying the update file can be found in this post by @thatbigmoose

im redownloading it now as soon as its done i'll upload it
    Just gave it a try and I got the update downloading even though I'm on Tmo's network! Yes!! Wasn't working before cause I remember I removed KnoxAgent.apk and wssyncmldm.apk but I put those back and it's all good :cool:
    D
    Deleted member 4407297
    Jaky - were you able to pull the update from your wife's phone as mentioned?

Yep :victory:

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Here is the download link:

http://goo.gl/IP02Iz

I hope it is okay I used Google URL Shortener, the link was really long.

The link takes you to Google Dive.

The MD5 is:

F43D00ABDC4FE4D5BFB305CC6598FEB3

I am uploading it to DropBox as well now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4mjjw48wmj3q2k/2400258.cfg