need guidance..pls help

Search This thread

vivekrules

May 11, 2011
Hii guys sorry for being such a noob .. but I am very confused here.. I am not able to install a custom Rom in my beloved xperia arc my phone just stuck on sony logo.. I tell u what i did.. first of all i rooted my phone by flashing rootable kernel then rooted my phone with doomlord
Method then I installed CWM..but the problem is no matter which custom ROM I install in my phone with CWM phone just stuck on sony logo :(
Plz tell what i did wrong..
P. S. My phone was on latest ver of ICS

panda0

Sep 14, 2012
Hii guys sorry for being such a noob .. but I am very confused here.. I am not able to install a custom Rom in my beloved xperia arc my phone just stuck on sony logo.. I tell u what i did.. first of all i rooted my phone by flashing rootable kernel then rooted my phone with doomlord
Method then I installed CWM..but the problem is no matter which custom ROM I install in my phone with CWM phone just stuck on sony logo :(
Plz tell what i did wrong..
P. S. My phone was on latest ver of ICS

Unlocked bootloader, right?
Well... I started flashing with the FXP CM based roms. I suppose that this is exactly what you did, but since you didn't tell the steps you followed, I'm gonna write down how I did the first time:

With an FXP CM based rom (eg: FXP CM 10) , the steps, basically are:
- Extract the boot.img (own kernel of the FXP roms) of the .zip and put the .zip in the sdcard
- Flash the kernel in fastboot mode:
( fastboot -i 0xfce flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0xfce flash reboot
unplug the usb and start hiting volume controls to enter in CWM)
- Wipe data and cache
- Install the .zip (rom)
- Reboot and enjoy

Hope it works for you.

vivekrules

May 11, 2011
Aactually I am not. Able to flash kernel image with fastboot.. I mean with flashtool I am not Able to flash kernel image.. flashtool is showing error that my phone is not rooted.. but it actually is..
And suppose if i want to install ROM( jelly sandwich) can u tell me the procedure from the scratch, I ll really appreciate it.. coz I am trying for 2 days with negative result...

panda0

Sep 14, 2012
Aactually I am not. Able to flash kernel image with fastboot.. I mean with flashtool I am not Able to flash kernel image.. flashtool is showing error that my phone is not rooted.. but it actually is..
And suppose if i want to install ROM( jelly sandwich) can u tell me the procedure from the scratch, I ll really appreciate it.. coz I am trying for 2 days with negative result...

I'm noob too, so unfortunately I can't help in the most effective way.
The only apparent difference between our phones (from what I understood from your post) is that I unlocked the bootloader. I read here in XDA that some roms just need this while others not.

"can u tell me the procedure from the scratch, I ll really appreciate it" - You mean unlock the BL?
It's easy, but may void the warranty... Go here: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions
(Note: In my case I didn't install the sdk, but I just can't find the tutorial that I followed to unlock the BL... Anyway, the tutorial that I've used was in portuguese... Not much help for you I guess
Note2: In the middle of the process, you'll have to inform your IMEI in the sony website... Use just the first 14 digits).

Reactions: vivekrules

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
There is enough information in the guides and stickys to help with most things, People just need to read it. ;)

Sent from my CM9'd Arc

gpfnzl

Jan 17, 2012
Auckland
1. unlock the boot loader

2. Download a custom kernel for your current version of android ie: GB/ICS i suggest DoomLord.

3.Put the kernel ( .img ) into the same folder as you have fastboot/adb

4. Power the phone into fastboot: Power down your phone. Press and hold the menu button then plug in your usb cable (the light on the side will be blue)
open a CMD window in the same folder as fastboot/adb and type the commant:

fastboot flash boot NAME OF FILE.img

push enter.
Once the install is complete (a couple of second) you will have root and custom recovery.

Make sure your phone version is rootable

There are guides available in the General section, I suggest you read them if this is your first root.

Good Luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm noob too, so unfortunately I can't help in the most effective way.
    The only apparent difference between our phones (from what I understood from your post) is that I unlocked the bootloader. I read here in XDA that some roms just need this while others not.

"can u tell me the procedure from the scratch, I ll really appreciate it" - You mean unlock the BL?
    It's easy, but may void the warranty... Go here: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions
    (Note: In my case I didn't install the sdk, but I just can't find the tutorial that I followed to unlock the BL... Anyway, the tutorial that I've used was in portuguese... Not much help for you I guess
    Note2: In the middle of the process, you'll have to inform your IMEI in the sony website... Use just the first 14 digits).
    There is enough information in the guides and stickys to help with most things, People just need to read it. ;)

Sent from my CM9'd Arc
    1. unlock the boot loader

2. Download a custom kernel for your current version of android ie: GB/ICS i suggest DoomLord.

3.Put the kernel ( .img ) into the same folder as you have fastboot/adb

4. Power the phone into fastboot: Power down your phone. Press and hold the menu button then plug in your usb cable (the light on the side will be blue)
    open a CMD window in the same folder as fastboot/adb and type the commant:

fastboot flash boot NAME OF FILE.img

push enter.
    Once the install is complete (a couple of second) you will have root and custom recovery.

Make sure your phone version is rootable

There are guides available in the General section, I suggest you read them if this is your first root.

Good Luck.