MMS fix for people on ICS not sending pics(works)

Search This thread

randallpena

Mar 4, 2011
*Pretty please make a NANDROID backup before you do this. I know you just recently installed the ROM, so if you don't have much on there and don't mind to flash in the event that something goes wrong, then no worries. Still, it wouldn't hurt!!*

Basically, what we are doing here, is giving you the app, installing it on the phone and then copying the APK file from /data/app to /system/app. I don't know much about the Fassy, but the file system structure should be close.

There are two ways to do this. You can use ADB to execute the commands, or use a file explorer (I use Root Explorer) to move the APK file. I also picked a free APN app .

APN Manager Pro

Throw this on your external SD card. Once you have it on there, open up your File Manager.

Navigate to your external SD card(should be /mnt/sdcard/external_sd or something similar, we have already established our phones are slightly different, ha ha).
Find the file ale.android.apnmanagerwithanimation-1.apk and long press it. You should get a list of options. You want to select move.
Navigate back to your root directory.
Go to /system/app. Once you get there, depending on your file manager, you should have the option to set the permissions as r/w (read/write). By default, Root Explorer is always set to r/o (read only) on my phone.
Paste the APK file.
Long press the APK file and select permissions.
- You have three sets of privileges: Read/Write/Execute
- You have three sets of groups: Owner/Group/Others
- - Make sure Owner, Group and Others have checks under Read.
- - Make sure Owner has checks under Write.
- - There should not be any checks under Execute.
- - There should not be any checks on any of the special permissions.
Hit OK.
Click on the APK file and select install.

Once the install has completed (should be almost instantly) reboot the phone.

Now you have an app that is capable of setting APN information.

When the phone has booted back up, open the app and select Backup & Restore. Make a backup. If the new APN doesn't work properly, you will have a backup you can fallback to.

Enter the information and hit save. Once you have done that you can select the APN and set it as the main. If you lose functions then restore the backup.

I hope this works out!!

Last edited: