US Cellular Variant Offical Thread

Search This thread

magicman22

Dec 27, 2012
thanks mrRobinson!! Sounds good...not much around here for us cellular folks....anyway....I plan on just getting stock root with no extra roms or anything....how do I go back to Stock without root should I need to? is that from a nandroid backup that I make or what because I can't find a stock firmware 4.1.1. us cellular file to download and save for later use to put it back to normal

thanks again Magicman22

rgviewer

Aug 5, 2010
I was grabbing some stock files to compare CSC's so figured I'd post up a pre-rooted stock USC R530UVXALK5 (Jelly Bean 4.1.1).

This is the same thing I post for the Verizon Galaxy S III in this thread except for US Celluar but if you have questions they could more than likely be answered by reading there. This should not wipe data.
Download root66_USC_R530UVXALK5.7z

Also here is an ODIN flashable stock recovery from the same base: USC_recovery_R530UVXALK5.tar.md5

Enjoy US Cellular people....

Will this also wipe data and sd card?
My problem is I updated to Jelly Bean on a rooted phone. When I try to update again it says "your device has been modified, software updates not avalible". I then uninstalled superuser and titanium backup, since they didn't work. Now I don't know how to go back to factory stock either with or without root.
I went to samsungs home page and downloading the jelly bean update. Can I write that to the phone and start over?

mrRobinson

Dec 20, 2010
thanks mrRobinson!! Sounds good...not much around here for us cellular folks....anyway....I plan on just getting stock root with no extra roms or anything....how do I go back to Stock without root should I need to? is that from a nandroid backup that I make or what because I can't find a stock firmware 4.1.1. us cellular file to download and save for later use to put it back to normal

thanks again Magicman22
if you run this as it is with no further modifications then going back to stock just delete /system/xbin/su and /system/app/Superuser.apk
if you go to supersu there should be an option for uninstalling it that will do this. the full stock odin flashable file is on sammobile or samsung-updates i forget which.

Will this also wipe data and sd card?
My problem is I updated to Jelly Bean on a rooted phone. When I try to update again it says "your device has been modified, software updates not avalible". I then uninstalled superuser and titanium backup, since they didn't work. Now I don't know how to go back to factory stock either with or without root.
I went to samsungs home page and downloading the jelly bean update. Can I write that to the phone and start over?
this does not wipe data, i disabled that. Just flash this as it is and you will be on JB rooted. if you run into issues after booting back up a full wipe would be recommended so start with a backup.

Reactions: rgviewer

sean19661

Feb 8, 2011
Goto samsungupdate.com download job use Odin to flash it

Sent from my SCH-R530U using xda app-developers app

progster

Dec 26, 2012
samsung galaxy s aviator

has anyone heard any news of cwm or other roms for the samsung aviator?

rgviewer

Aug 5, 2010
Worked Great

I was grabbing some stock files to compare CSC's so figured I'd post up a pre-rooted stock USC R530UVXALK5 (Jelly Bean 4.1.1).

This is the same thing I post for the Verizon Galaxy S III in this thread except for US Celluar but if you have questions they could more than likely be answered by reading there. This should not wipe data.

Also here is an ODIN flashable stock recovery from the same base: USC_recovery_R530UVXALK5.tar.md5

Thanks worked great on my phone, keeped all my data and fixed root and flash counter still at 0.

nmeseth

Jan 5, 2013
I'm having serious issues and I need help desperately.

I had a working CM 10.0 on my Galaxy S3 (US Cellular) but the multimedia messages were being extremely annoying. I had to send pictures 2-3 times to get them through, and the same with getting them. Any text messages over the 160 limit would not send at all.

So I went to reflash CM10, and somehow, the phone boots into activation. I bypassed it but obviously I don't get any data now and it just shows that I'm roaming.

I downloaded a backup for the US Cellular S3 and it just is two disk images, boot and recovery. I have no idea what to do with either.

I'd really like to get my phone restored to the way it was.

I bypassed the activation and I'm just roaming/no data. I've no idea how to fix this as all of the relevant ones are for Sprint/Verizon, etc.

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Did you go to settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks,cdma subscription and make sure RUIM/SIM is toggled, not nv?

Ridin the Mystic inverted jellybean unicorn on my Ktweaked SG3

seconded, that is a known problem, just change this setting then reboot and wait a bit and it should work.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

arbliss

Oct 18, 2012
Des Moines
seconded, that is a known problem, just change this setting then reboot and wait a bit and it should work.

Didn't think that was an issue on cm10, thought it was only cm10.1.

Oh well. Also if that doesn't work you can always try activating through *228

Gvaz

Aug 2, 2012
Leeds, ME
What is the most up to date, or best 4.2.1 rom for this device?

Team USC has PA, but that's an old version for 4.1.2.

The Round Peg

Jun 16, 2010
US Cellular variant of SGS3 is "SCH-R530U". MetroPCS variant is "SCH-R350M". (The only difference is the "U" and "M" at the end.)

I am trying to figure out what variant of Chainfire's CF-Auto-Root I should use to root my MetroPCS SGS3 phone. SCH-R530M is not listed at the website, but SCH-R530U is. I wonder if you guys know I can just use the SCH-R530U package to auto-root SCH-R530M. Can I?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    root66 for US Cellular R530UVXALK5

My successful d2usc roms

I have tried several flavors and kinds but my favorite so far is SlimKat.

CM11 M10 to M12 - Android 4.4.2-4 - Installed just fine. No network. No signal. Abandoning all hope as APN does not resolve issue or flashing current baseband of R530UVXUBMJA (4.3 Jellybean Baseband)
    • Download
    • N/A

SlimKat: Slim-d2lte-4.4.4.build.7.0-OFFICIAL - Android 4.4.4 - Installed just fine (used CWM Recovery). Network and data alright! Excellent battery life (almost 13 hours on one charge). Dark UI. NOTE: Build 9.0 breaks network and data but 7.0 is really good.
    • Download
    • Cannot post URLs... wah wah

LiquidSmooth: LS-LP-v4.1-2015-05-14-liquid_d2usc - Android 5.1.1 - Installed easily. Took a while to set up but runs very nicely. Lots of changes between 4.4.4 and 5.1.1. Not great battery life but better than stock. MMS is not workind for me (did not try to hard to fix it though, just reverted to SlimKat Build 7). Uses Layers to theme device. Used Inversion UI for Layers.
    • Download
    • Cannot post URLs... wah wah

RESULTS:

1. SlimKat: Most stable, longest battery life, Dark UI.
    2. LiquidSmooth: Most up to date with Lollipop.
    3. CyanogenMod: Lost all network capabilities. Old. US Cellular not being actively supported.
    Is there any way to disable RUIM on JZ054K (4.1.2) build? My coworker recently moved from USCC territory to where we are now, and USCC told him he has 30 days to port out because he is roaming 24/7. I've tried DFS & CDMAworkshop but neither will make RUIM NVONLY setting stick. I have yet to try QPST/QXDM.

use one of these password on DFS

Sprint: 01F2030F5F678FF9 or 2012112120131219 (2013+)
    USCC: 2010031619780721
    Verizon: 2009031920090615 or 2010031619780721

and then set to NV Only ( I clicked write several time, and it sticks! )
    The kernel source has been released for the SCH-R530U (aka the USCC version) on opensource.samsung.com. It's really up to a developer now to do some building.
    Has anyone rooted this phone yet? Can we get our own section?