AP 3.0 Dual for new SPL

Search This thread

QAN

Nov 10, 2004
@cmonex

So if I have understand it correct, I cannot go back to the stock rom unless you patch the kernel, or create a new specialmade spl that repartions the device to the orignal partition and a new athenaupdaters is needed to flash an original athena rom say AP3?

QAN

Abram

Jan 6, 2004
Beatles City
no need for tutorial, there will be a vanilla rom

Thanks cmonex! You are a star!

@cmonex

So if I have understand it correct, I cannot go back to the stock rom unless you patch the kernel, or create a new specialmade spl that repartions the device to the orignal partition and a new athenaupdaters is needed to flash an original athena rom say AP3?

QAN

Hopefully AP4 vanilla will not need repartition. So you can flash back and forth as you please.

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
@cmonex

QAN

well if you flash the full featured AP4 (not vanilla), then that upgrades your SPL so yes that's correct, you have to

1) either patch the nk.exe
2) OR downgrade the SPL, there will be a package later that can restore you to stock rom for warranty issues.

if you just want AP3 back then use the one posted in this very thread. :p

beginner

Nov 18, 2005
well if you flash the full featured AP4 (not vanilla), then that upgrades your SPL so yes that's correct, you have to

1) either patch the nk.exe
2) OR downgrade the SPL, there will be a package later that can restore you to stock rom for warranty issues.

if you just want AP3 back then use the one posted in this very thread. :p

Hi Cmonex, do you know where to download latest "special" SPL? I would like to use the correct one.

freelover

Dec 30, 2010
here is AP3 version (based on latest Dual) I made that will work properly if you upgraded to new SPL but want to go back to AP3 from the AP4 beta.

(only the kernel needed changes. the rest is the same.)

download:

IMPORTANT NOTE: this will only work if you ran the AP4 package (prerelease, final (when it comes out) etc.) and your SPL now is version 3.xx.OliNex

if you are unsure about your SPL/bootloader version then check in bootloader/tricolour screen by pressing and holding the camera button (as far as it will go!!) while doing a soft reset - keep the camera pressed until the tricolour screen appears.
urgetly help...
I flashed this rom.
but it didnt work for me.
after flashing this my ameo is asking <<to configure device,>>you know tap screen to set up your windows mobile etc.

BUT AFTER ALL SET UP.
it never begin...
It make restarts continously asking to set up windows,

pleaseeee every one which can help.
how to resolve this problem i need my ppc back.......

pls answer.

optical10

Jul 5, 2006
urgetly help...
I flashed this rom.
but it didnt work for me.
after flashing this my ameo is asking <<to configure device,>>you know tap screen to set up your windows mobile etc.

BUT AFTER ALL SET UP.
it never begin...
It make restarts continously asking to set up windows,

pleaseeee every one which can help.
how to resolve this problem i need my ppc back.......

pls answer.

Help, did you solve this problem is I'm in the same predicament, any help much appreciated?

SOLVED!. Don't how I did it but I've sorted by reapplying SPL 1.2 whilst I tapped on the first screen calibration screen ONLY, this allowed ActiveSync to at least see the phone I then, after many attempts was able to apply Athena AP 4.0 SPL 3.5 Updater.
just need to check what radio I'm on, but not sure how to do that?

Last edited: