poweramp with gear2(solved)

Search This thread

hollowsoul

Dec 10, 2011
Poweramp Track Title Doesn't Display on my Galaxy Gear2
When I use the Poweramp app to play music from my phone, the track title does not display in the Music App on my Galaxy Gear2. It works fine with Google Music and Samsung Music apps.
Anyone else have this issue using Poweramp? or how to make it work~

Last edited:

ex-28

are you saying with the stock music player and google music you play a song on the phone and it automatically shows up on the watch ? , I been trying to get this to work with no luck yet , all I can do it pop music on the watch itself and play music from it.

is there a way to play and control music that's on your phone from the watch ?

or do files have to be stored on the watch, thinking the media controls on the watch would act as a remote for the phone.

hollowsoul

Dec 10, 2011
are you saying with the stock music player and google music you play a song on the phone and it automatically shows up on the watch ? , I been trying to get this to work with no luck yet , all I can do it pop music on the watch itself and play music from it.

or do files have to be stored on the watch, thinking the media controls on the watch would act as a remote for the phone.

it can control music by gear2 ,just like bluetooth headset

but my problem is how to show track info on gear2?

calinormy

Jul 18, 2008
Try to search in poweramp in bluetooth settings. It worked very well with gear one...

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

calinormy

Jul 18, 2008
You are right, i tryed and the same result. Very annoying. .

jsapp

Jan 27, 2009

Use the "Media Controller" found under Apps on the watch. Not the music player. But I think you can only skip or go back a track. You can't select what to listen to with Google music. You need to start it on your phone first.

calinormy

Jul 18, 2008
Media controler works with every media player wich was started first on the phone. But it does not show the track with poweramp . Gear one is doing that

lorenzo_btbw

Jul 14, 2011
Conversano
Poweramps track name works, not the album artwork! You've to check metachanged intent and send "album... into headset/bluetooth menu

Last edited:

djbrotherson

Oct 28, 2012
Winnipeg

Attachments

• 1399534335082.jpg
    1399534335082.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 611

hollowsoul

Dec 10, 2011
Poweramp Track Title Doesn't Display on my Galaxy Gear2
When I use the Poweramp app to play music from my phone, the track title does not display in the Music App on my Galaxy Gear2. It works fine with Google Music and Samsung Music apps.
Anyone else have this issue using Poweramp? or how to make it work~

update to poweramp555,problem is fix

Drump6r

Dec 11, 2016
Android Poweramp + Samsung Gear S2. Problem solved.

I think this problem is solved.

HTC M8 Android 6.0
-Poweramp 2.0.10-build-588-play
Samsung Gear S2 - Tizen 2.3.2.1 (Last on 27-12-2016)
-Music (0.3.4)

If anybody have don't see album pic or track name, switch ON [Settings-Lock Screen]
1. Enable Android Lock Screen
2. Album Art