Jun 15, 2010
Do I flash this zip with the following steps? I am S-off, rooted ans stock ROM

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip disable_ota_verizon_v2.zip
fastboot reboot

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
Thank You! I just looked down at my phone and saw it was downloading an OTA update from Verizon and I was like "****!" I'm at work so I can't flash this right now, but I've killed the HTC DM process for now. Hopefully that'll keep the updater at bay until I get home.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
Thanks for this nits. After taking ota a week ago my battery went to hell. And after unlocking again last night I guess I lost my ota and it kept asking to update. Installed this and its gone. My phone was way better before the new OTA anyway.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Spider210

Sep 13, 2010
any way as someone else asked to move the files or rename them instead of deleting them incase i want to update down the road

Hackenstein

Aug 22, 2010
Tried to flash via both TWRP and ClockworkModRecovery and it told me it failed. Unable to open zip.

Did this happen for anyone else?

karatche

Dec 4, 2008
Cincinatti
www.conserv2000.com
Not working for me- - downloaded to pc and transfered to phone flashed, no good still have pop up niotice in status bar. Downloaded straight to phone and flashed, same result. Ideas?
never mind it worked

Last edited:

morph2k4

Aug 5, 2010
Not working for me- - downloaded to pc and transfered to phone flashed, no good still have pop up niotice in status bar. Downloaded straight to phone and flashed, same result. Ideas?

Same for me, the OTA is still showing up in my notifications bar. I checked and all of those files were gone. It also tried to start the update on its own even though I deferred it to the 27th. Definitely worried now.

morph2k4

Aug 5, 2010
Can anyone help? I've still got the OTA notification after running this and confirming that the files are gone. Is there anything else I might need to delete? Allegedly it will try to install the update tomorrow whether I allow it or not.

yearn2burn

Apr 3, 2011
Atlanta
Can anyone help? I've still got the OTA notification after running this and confirming that the files are gone. Is there anything else I might need to delete? Allegedly it will try to install the update tomorrow whether I allow it or not.

I think I found the answer. After running the ota remover and rebooting, wait for the update notification to pop up, press and hold it until app info option pops up, force stop and delete data. No more notifications!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

n8mack33

Oct 7, 2007
Thanks again for this. It has been nice the last couple months not to get that annoying update notification. My question is - I want to take the updates now including radio, etc. and either stick with stock for awhile longer or put on Viper. Can I just put back on stock recovery then go to settings for software updates and take the updates? I don't mind going straight to Viper but I'm not sure what I might be missing in addition to the new radio. I'm s off, unlocked, rooted, twrp, stock (with no updates after they locked us down).

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

burntbean1

Sep 20, 2012
Ok, i just flashed this and went to check and still have the Software Updates option in Setting/about. Shoudn't that have been removed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made this for ViperDNA (thanks to two_cents for pointing it out!) but it will work for any custom rom, or stock rooted users who dont want to be forced to download/apply the ota.

this will

• remove "software update" from settings (wont touch viperDNA ota though)
    • remove ota package if it already downloaded to your phone
    • prevent verizon from pushing the ota to your phone again
    • works with odex or deodex roms

Flash in recovery:

Download V2: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474666
    MD5: 6096118669b4724d79b34c2f8e476237

if flashes successfully the following should be removed

Code:
    cache/fumo/OTAPkg.zip
    system/app/HtcOMADM_VZW.apk
    system/app/HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_VZW.apk
    system/app/DMCommandService.apk

settings > software update will be gone

and if odexed

Code:
    system/app/HtcOMADM_VZW.odex
    system/app/HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_VZW.odex
    system/app/DMCommandService.odex

***let me know if there are any issues***

update: added version 2 that also removed DMC Command Service (shows as HTC DMC blah blah in tibu) since leaving that it *might* allow the ota to still go through

if you flashed the first version, just reflash this wont affect anything else
    Would manually removing the .apk's/OTApkg.zip with Root Explorer work the same nitsuj17? I got tired of waiting for it to download on my phone lol so went to my trusty friend Root Explorer.

yeah, should be fine

Can I flash this succesfully before I recieve update notice?

yes, u dont need to wait for the ota to push to do so
    guys i updated this to also remove dmc command service....so redowload and reflash if you used the first version this morning

just to make sure the ota wont silently download
    Would it be DMCommandservice.apk?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

yup
    Do I flash this zip with the following steps? I am S-off, rooted ans stock ROM

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip disable_ota_verizon_v2.zip
    fastboot reboot

no just flash in recovery..

the only thing you need to flash like that (the steps you posted) is the radio's really