Blade Buddy - New free advanced settings app *needs root*

Search This thread

Charles Darke

Apr 3, 2007
droidgram.com
Didn't even touch the LCD Density settings, but it made my screen really, really big after reboot (I only enabled Stagefright and longened WiFi search).

Got everything back with Clockwork recovery reset file, but...... wtf?

HTC Tattoo CyanogenMod 7.0.0

With version 1.26 I made a change to read LCD density settings only from the build.prop settings. I think some phones may have an issue which reports the wrong LCD density value via getprop which might be the cause of the problem.

Would you mind testing the new version to see if it solves the problem? Thanks.

Charles Darke

Apr 3, 2007
droidgram.com
And if we use Amon_RA recovery?

I don't have Amon_RA, but I think it should work as long as it can run clockwork style zips.

You can test this by doing the following: create a file "/data/local.prop".

Then reboot into Amon_Ra and run the Blade Buddy recovery zip. If after rebooting, /data/local.prop file has been deleted then the recovery file will work on Amon_RA.

Please do report back if you manage to test this as working so that others can benefit. Thanks.

Charles Darke

Apr 3, 2007
droidgram.com
Didn't even touch the LCD Density settings, but it made my screen really, really big after reboot (I only enabled Stagefright and longened WiFi search).

Got everything back with Clockwork recovery reset file, but...... wtf?

HTC Tattoo CyanogenMod 7.0.0

Well, my problem was that the read out LCD density values were wrong and so my phone thought after a reboot I had a 30x45 pixel screen -.-

By the way, I'm using a HTC Magic with CM6.1, 2708er Kernel and 2.22.28.25 radio.
I hope that helps.

OK. I think I found the root problem. It seems the problem happens with HTC devices which do not have hdpi resolution.

It seems that HTC does not return an LCD density value when queried (it returns blank instead of the density) and so Blade Buddy uses a default value.

For now, I've disabled reading of the live LCD density settings until I add a proper check for this condition. Thanks for your bug report and hope you can confirm the new version (1.26) works for you.

Last edited:

Charles Darke

Apr 3, 2007
droidgram.com
OK. Problem should now be fixed. Version 1.3 uploaded which has following changes:

# Add apply settings (hot apply) to Advanced Settings. Use with re-start UI for a quick preview of new settings.
# Add delete all settings to Advanced Settings
# Add revert option to Advanced Settings
# Fix for HTC/mdpi devices with LCD density wrong values (fixed in v1.26 - but read settings re-enabled in v1.30)
# Fix true/false 1/0 error for some settings

screenshot_8.png

forceu

Jun 23, 2010
Didnt work for me, it still sets

ro.sf.lcd_density=160
qemu.sf.lcd_density=240

If you tell me where the other prob files are located I can send you a copy ;)

Kevin001111

Aug 6, 2010
Tempe
What does this app do to make the battery better? I havent downloaded the app but saw the picture in the OP, if it can help my battery, ill definately download!

altroy2

Dec 23, 2010
I downloaded ur app from the market but I am missing all of the Blade specific settings. We can't test this app without buying it?

elghouchd

Aug 20, 2010
Would anybody kindly tell me how I can make a battery last longer with this app? Also what can I do in this app to make android faster? Sorry, Im just kind of confused. Thanks!

Shm33g

Jun 19, 2011
First of all, excellent app, I've been using it for a long time now, mainly to change my LCD density from 240 to 180 on my SGS2.

My only question is what is the difference between the two LCD density settings, ro.sf.lcd_density and qemu.sf.lcd_density?

I'm only asking because I used to use ro.sf.lcd, but after installing either the Siyah kernel or the Thunderbird script packages, I now have to use qemu.sf.lcd. when ro.sf.lcd works, qemu.sf.lcd doesn't and vice versa. This just strikes me as odd and I can't find the answer through google so I was hoping you or someone here could help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK. Version 1.0 of Blade Buddy released. Features include changing the following settings:

- Hardware acceleration (required for some games to run)
    - Disable boot animation
    - Enable/Disable Stagefright codecs (helps some games, and videos - depends on device whether this helps or not)
    - Disable forced camera shutter sound
    - Change LCD Density
    - Change WIFI scanning interval
    - Alter Dalvik VM Heap Size
    - Alter Dalvik VM Heap Start Size
    - Alter Dalvik VM Heap Growth Limit
    - Ability to remount /system as read-write or read-only, effectively turning any explorer into a Root Explorer
    - Integration with basic settings Spare Parts Plus!

Get it now from the Android Market for free:

chart

As a sneak peak and to show what future ideas I have on the roadmap, see screenshots below:

1302720631-picsay.jpg

1302720855-picsay.jpg