[CM10.1|4.2.2] Unofficial JellyBeer-v4.14 [Hybrid] [DPI Groups] [April 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ManelScout4Life

Oct 18, 2006
Newark, NJ
I understand that bro but people don't want to listen. If you follow my directions, you will be in 4.2 tablet mode (not old tablet mode). I just don't understand why people want to be on this site and not educated them self on anything.

change your DPI to 213 or lower
change your mode to none or phone
reboot and you are in 4.2 tablet mode

If you want old school tablet mode then just change to to "tablet mode" in the UImodes in settings. I wasn't trying to fight with anyone here, just trying to help the person that asked about how to get it off of his screen.

Not arguing with you, and I appreciate you trying to help him but it seems like wants the status bar at the button but no nav buttons on it. It's possible, just not on this ROM (it's an aokp feature), if/when I get rootbox going you'll have that option there.

jagpoag

Oct 25, 2010
Panama City Beach, FL
Not arguing with you, and I appreciate you trying to help him but it seems like wants the status bar at the button but no nav buttons on it. It's possible, just not on this ROM (it's an aokp feature), if/when I get rootbox going you'll have that option there.

Sorry man, I know you were not trying to fight with me:) I sent you a PM. Honestly, I thought the guy wanted the new tabletUI, my mistake. Funny thing is that most people don't even know the tablet UI has been changed up for 4.2. If nothing else, maybe I helped something out here in all of the confusion. Sorry if I cluttered up your thread.:eek:

Reactions: ManelScout4Life

fatrabitt

Feb 23, 2012

So pumped for this then.... Cause my phone would be complete lol

Adizzzle

Aug 10, 2012
Kamloops
adizzzle.weebly.com
Re: [CM10.1|4.2.1] JellyBeer-v3.57 [DPI Groups] [Feb. 11]

@jagpoag

You completely misunderstood what I was asking about. All I was asking was "can nav bar be removed in tablet UI" I don't want phone UI with super tiny icons.

Thanks for the straight forward answer @Manel. Much appreciated.

In fact the whole point I posted was because I like the status bar on the bottom. It makes it easy to bring up.

:beer:"We can't stop here! This is Bat Country":beer:

yungskeeme

Feb 21, 2011

Justv flashed this last night and love it. Running it with Flaps 3.0.4 kernel. Great ROM. Just miss my timer on the camera. No biggie. No reboots, hiccups or flaws so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

jagpoag

Oct 25, 2010
Panama City Beach, FL
@jagpoag

You completely misunderstood what I was asking about. All I was asking was "can nav bar be removed in tablet UI" I don't want phone UI with super tiny icons.

Thanks for the straight forward answer @Manel. Much appreciated.

In fact the whole point I posted was because I like the status bar on the bottom. It makes it easy to bring up.

:beer:"We can't stop here! This is Bat Country":beer:

That's fine but it's not "phone UI with super tiny icons". I've got the icon size turned down using Apex launcher. If you like the 4.1 tablet UI with the navbar, that's great but 4.2 doesn't use it. 4.2 uses a status bar on top and there have been mixed reviews on this. Like I said a few post back, people don't like change. I did misunderstand what you were wanting though, thought you wanted the whole bar gone (which you are not going to get using the old tablet mode that the rom settings will give you). Sorry about that

edit:
actually was thinking about what you were saying on the bar at the bottom being easier to get to. I'm wondering if there is anyway to move the new 4.2 status bar (when in tablet mode) to the bottom (without the nav buttons). Honestly, I don't have the knowledge to jump into anything and try to make it happen but I'm sure one of our devs could. Seems like there would be something in a file like "/navbar=top_center"......feel free to laugh if that makes no sense....I'm just guessing at what could be done.....I really have no idea

Last edited:

yungskeeme

Feb 21, 2011

What's the stock DPI?

yungskeeme

Feb 21, 2011

mo2002

Mar 17, 2009
Southern California

i changed my ui to tablet and it did to me as well....cleared cache and dalvik and fixed permissions and did it again ... i pulled battery and it fixed itself .. ...

I had the same prob, so will 3.0.4 fix it as well or does only 3.0.3?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

--answered my own question; disregard

Last edited:

willmaister

Oct 17, 2012
The WiFi hotspot isn't working.....pls will the update fix that bug?..thanks soo much for your work on this ROM...You doing a great job!!!

dadymon53

Jul 10, 2012

The WiFi hotspot isn't working.....pls will the update fix that bug?..thanks soo much for your work on this ROM...You doing a great job!!!

I tested my wifi hotspot on my wife's ipad, works fine! I'm loving this rom, so far everything works fine, I had some freezing when I tried to move Netflix to my sd card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

bulldog212

Jul 24, 2010

Mine doesn't work either. It launches fine but is not seen by any of my devices. (I have official ATT tethering on my plan btw)

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Disable hw overlays to fix the video on top of controls problem...... What lock screen widget setting are you referring to

FYI - disabling HW overlays seemed to make the video lock up much less (still does sometimes) but did nothing to fix the on-screen Netflix playback controls from being buried under the video.

yungskeeme

Feb 21, 2011

Running this ROM for two days and its running great. Battery life is awesome. Over 3 hrs of screen time.

One issue.....when I was watching YouTube with my headphones, about 10 mins in it opened Apollo music player

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361044867889.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361044867889.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 330
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361044880706.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361044880706.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 323

brandon440

Mar 10, 2012
Small problem but cant figure it out

I have looked through every page of this with no mention of this so I am guessing it is only my problem. Could anybody here help me get my time to the correct time? I have looked through the menus on the device and can't figure out how to change it. My time on my Note says 10:27 pm when its really 5:27pm...Please if anybody could help I would greatly appreciate it!

OPGT

Dec 11, 2012
rowlett

I have looked through every page of this with no mention of this so I am guessing it is only my problem. Could anybody here help me get my time to the correct time? I have looked through the menus on the device and can't figure out how to change it. My time on my Note says 10:27 pm when its really 5:27pm...Please if anybody could help I would greatly appreciate it!

Go to settings, scroll all the way down, hit date and time tab, check auto date and time boxes. If that doesn't work, edit it manually: D

Reactions: brandon440

brandon440

Mar 10, 2012
Go to settings, scroll all the way down, hit date and time tab, check auto date and time boxes. If that doesn't work, edit it manually: D

Wow how lame that I couldn't find that. Thank You so much for that! lol Appreciate it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OPMain800.png

CM10.1 BASED HYBRID ROM

BANNER.png

Features
    + Based on CM-10.1
    + PA's hybrid engine for a full user experience
    + Switch between three different UI modes
    + Change the system DPI
    + Add apps to different DPI groups
    + Change the navigation bar height
    + No reboot needed for UI changes
    + More features and improvements
    + This is always a work in progress

Downloads and installation
    Be sure of being in a safe kernel/recovery
    + Removed

+ Copy the ROM to the SD
    + Copy the GApps to the SD
    + Install the ROM and the GApps and
    + If you are already in JellyBeer, do a cache wipe and dalvik cache wipe
    + If you come from any other ROM, do a wipe data
    + Reboot

Source code
    + https://github.com/BeerGang

Credits
    + Thanks to CyanogenMod team, who develop and maintain CM10.1.
    + Thanks to AOKP team for the inspiration (and some code).
    + Thanks to PA team for the inspiration (and some code).
    + Please click their links to donate.

The Beer Gang loves beer
    + Do you like our work? We like beer and we wouldn't mind if you buy us one!!
    + beerbong - Click to donate
    + abhisahara - Click to donate
    + benjamin.j.goodwin - Click to donate
    + jmico
    + davidshaper
    03/12

FlappJaxxx updated his kernel to 3.1.2 give it a try, it should further improve speed+stability.

http://goo.im/devs/flappjaxxx/i717/kernel/3.1.2-TEST

Use the alt kernel if your captive buttons aren't working.
    JellyBeer-v4.14-01APR2013-113910-quincyatt.zip
    b8a008d8881d55acf90bacdf46942057

Changelog
    + BeerGang's github for a complete changelog
    + AOKP navbar (with all its features)
    + Ram bar in recents panel
    + CM's PIE and many more
    + Fixed BootAnimation (Confirmed)
    + Set all App DPI Separate from System
    + Set all App Layout Separate from System
    + Camera External Storage (Confirmed fixed)
    + Stylus Gestures
    + Per App Layout
    + Clock Mods
    + Notification Background
    + Circle Battery Tweaks
    + Wake up when device is plugged in toggle
    + Fixed Hiding clock and it going from top of notifications
    + CRT Off Animations
    + Notification Behaviors
    + Latest CM10.1 Merges
    + and maybe more.

If your market place starts telling
    you apps are not compatible then flash this.

Key things:
    Use SetCpu to OC
    HDMI out is fixed
    ADB is fixed
    Music will play first try
    Thank you flappjaxxx for these things

Common Questions:

Q: Can I use the Samsung SNote, Spen apps?
    A: No
    Will have new build up later today.

BANNER.png

Features
    + Based on CM-10.1
    + PA's hybrid engine for a full user experience
    + Switch between three different UI modes
    + Change the system DPI
    + Add apps to different DPI groups
    + Change the navigation bar height
    + No reboot needed for UI changes
    + More features and improvements