[MOD] Fix Protected Apps not Showing on FroYo

Search This thread

trinode

Jul 13, 2007
I'm confused. Why does the froyo fingerprint not get access to protected apps?

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

frankic

Mar 26, 2008
Ok guys i really need help here.
Im quite a noob with terminal for mac.
I followed the instuctions till adb shell reboot. The phone rebooted but was at a black screen.
I now can boot into bootloader mode using the usb cable.
What next? Can I have a noob friendly step by step guide pls? Assuming I totally do not know anything?
I think i may have screwed it up while pushing the froyo.prop.
Can I do it with the sd card or anything?
Pls help bros. THks......

Hey buddy i feel u. I just went thru this myself. What i did was copied the froyo.prop file to the adb tools folder. In terminal when you run the commands for adb you must use ./ before the commands. I did not know this. I also am a noob. This worked for me and apps are now showing up for me. I hope this helps

ruvanist

Oct 12, 2009
Singapore
Hey buddy i feel u. I just went thru this myself. What i did was copied the froyo.prop file to the adb tools folder. In terminal when you run the commands for adb you must use ./ before the commands. I did not know this. I also am a noob. This worked for me and apps are now showing up for me. I hope this helps

Hi buddy, could you pls point me to where the adb tools folder is? I know i have to use ./, but where is this folder?

I have copied the file to /system in my sd card, and also the android-sdk-mac_86 folder, under tools.

I tried to ./adb reboot but it goes back to the black screen with the key lights still on...

taker888

Sep 20, 2007
OK, Um.. How do you install this file. I need directions. Codes is not going to do enough.

at314

Aug 24, 2008
Dubai
I have a small question. Does this Fingerprint will stop me from seeing Froyo specified apps?

shafty023

Jul 24, 2007
Austin,TX
I have a small question. Does this Fingerprint will stop me from seeing Froyo specified apps?

yes, but when Google activates the Froyo market fingerprint then just switch back. What I did was copy the existing build.prop to new.build.prop and then copy the froyo.prop to /system as build.prop. So when I need to revert it's just a matter of renaming build.prop to old.build.prop and renaming new.build.prop to build.prop, rebooting, and running the check-in code in Dialer

at314

Aug 24, 2008
Dubai
What about flash player? Its made for froyo. Can u see it after this mod

shafty023

Jul 24, 2007
Austin,TX
Guys for everyone having issues it is this simple.

ADB METHOD

UNZIP froyo.zip and inside you have froyo.prop
Code:
adb remount
adb shell mv /system/build.prop /system/new.build.prop
adb push froyo.prop /system/build.prop
adb shell reboot

Upon booting back up, open Dialer and type in the following code
Code:
*#*#2432546#*#*

Once you see a notification in the notification bar that says checkin succeeded you can now open Market and are done.

LINUX SHELL METHOD

Copy froyo.zip to /sdcard, then open a Terminal shell on your phone
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /system
mv build.prop new.build.prop
unzip /sdcard/froyo.zip
mv froyo.prop build.prop
rm /sdcard/froyo.zip
reboot

Upon booting back up, open Dialer and type in the following code
Code:
*#*#2432546#*#*

Once you see a notification in the notification bar that says checkin succeeded you can now open Market and are done.

Attachments

• froyo.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

shafty023

Jul 24, 2007
Austin,TX
What about flash player? Its made for froyo. Can u see it after this mod

Yes but only if you already installed it, if you haven't already installed it you shouldn't be able to. I haven't verified but seems logical since Adobe verified against your fingerprint to allow you to see the download link in the first place.

stavasebff

May 24, 2010
I am new to this rooting stuff. I downloaded the zip file but I am not sure what to do with the code at the top of the page. Where do I type this in and where do I put the zip file?

SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
When froyo is more official and protected apps actually do show up
is there anything not advantageous in having the ere27 file, how do you go back eventually

JasjarMan

Oct 14, 2006
I am new to this rooting stuff. I downloaded the zip file but I am not sure what to do with the code at the top of the page. Where do I type this in and where do I put the zip file?

Just do this (if your rooted)

- Download the file
- unzip it to your desktop
- copy the file to your sd card
- rename the file to build.prop than copy it
- delete the old build.prop
- now paste it in the same system folder
- restart your phone
- dial *#*#2432546#*#*
- You see a message on top after a little while.
- when you see the mesaage your set!

ebernie

Jun 28, 2009
Thanks to the OP. This, combined with the paid apps tab by editing vending_preferences.xml and MarketEnabler, I'm all good.

To those are are interested, do backup your original file. Just keep a copy around by another name (build.prop.bak works). Once the Froyo is release to the mass public, you can restore the original, just to be safe.

stavasebff

May 24, 2010
newbie to rooting and I know I need to chage the fingerprint of my phone so I can see protected apps. Although I downloaded the file I am not understanding how to run it and use the code given can anyone help me?