Best replacement launcher for Note

Search This thread

RashaMatt

Jul 5, 2010
If you don't care for Touch Wiz, try LauncherPro - I found that it is way smoother on my Note than either ADW (which I use on my SGS) or Go launcher.

KnowHow

Jun 6, 2007
Yes..but I found the icons is abit "shrunk" as compared to other launchers...Is there a way to increase the size of the icons?
Regards..
For some reason, SPB Shell 3D defaults to tablet mode on the Note. That's why the icons and widgets were so small. Once you change to the smartphone interface in "Experimental Settings," everything will become normal-sized.

SPB Shell really shows off the power of the Note. I had to use Launcher Pro with my Dell Streak because it just wasn't able to handle SPB Shell.

yslee

Jul 18, 2007
Not many people use LauncherPro nowadays, it seems. I do like the ability to set 15 shortcuts on the bottom quicklaunch bar. How does it run on the Galaxy Note, given that Touchwiz is GPU accelerated?

Vauix

Mar 30, 2011
VTL.Launcher

VTL.launcher is what I've been using on my note. This launcher is based on ADW but optimised for tablets, which will add allot of useful option for use on your note.

Vulpix

Mar 25, 2006
Singapore

Just switched to Go Launcher! Wow! I can't believe this is free! It's an excellent replacement launcher. Thanks for the heads-up!

Am I the only person having issues with ADW EX and Go Launcher EX?

ADW EX: Layout is tablet, lots of overlapping, menu at the bottom is cut off in portrait mode.
Go Launcher EX: LAG LAG LAG when flipping through homescreens in 5x5.

denialnw10

Apr 7, 2006
Am I the only person having issues with ADW EX and Go Launcher EX?

ADW EX: Layout is tablet, lots of overlapping, menu at the bottom is cut off in portrait mode.
Go Launcher EX: LAG LAG LAG when flipping through homescreens in 5x5.

To be honest, after a while I have noticed the lag, which is quite annoying on Go Launcher. I'm up for trying something else now me thinks...

Reactions: arash64a

the red krawler

Jul 15, 2010
We do? I don't remember a hacked ROM for ICS on the SGN...

He said "will have" (ie: future tense). Theres been confirmation that the Note is indeed a device getting ICS... As for when that is, who knows. Samsungs firmware update schedules are always a laugh. I figure by the time ICS rolls around the XDA community would have provided about 40 different custom ROMs based on it anyway.

ardabey

Sep 24, 2009
Columbus, OH
He said "will have" (ie: future tense). Theres been confirmation that the Note is indeed a device getting ICS... As for when that is, who knows. Samsungs firmware update schedules are always a laugh. I figure by the time ICS rolls around the XDA community would have provided about 40 different custom ROMs based on it anyway.

I just hope that the wacom digitizer drivers and custom behavior related to the stylus won't turn out to be too problematic to put into custom ROMs. it'd be a shame to choose between ICS or pen functionality, or wait for Samsung to release a touchwizified ICS.

Vulpix

Mar 25, 2006
Singapore
I just hope that the wacom digitizer drivers and custom behavior related to the stylus won't turn out to be too problematic to put into custom ROMs. it'd be a shame to choose between ICS or pen functionality, or wait for Samsung to release a touchwizified ICS.

If I had to give up my wacom stylus, I would have just stuck with my SGS2. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go Launcher Ex is possibly the finest.
    ADW EX all the way!

I used it in this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JyfrD4VrHY :D
    Yes..but I found the icons is abit "shrunk" as compared to other launchers...Is there a way to increase the size of the icons?
    Regards..
    For some reason, SPB Shell 3D defaults to tablet mode on the Note. That's why the icons and widgets were so small. Once you change to the smartphone interface in "Experimental Settings," everything will become normal-sized.

SPB Shell really shows off the power of the Note. I had to use Launcher Pro with my Dell Streak because it just wasn't able to handle SPB Shell.
    SSLauncher looks pretty cool...but it's really hideous looking, unless you have templates/themes to go with it...and I don't really see much available. It's a shame too, because it has a very good setup.

It's only as hideous as you want to make it look - way more configerable than go launcher, and faster and smoother. I've got gragically intense live wallpapers running, lots of widgets and about 7 screens, and it still zips along. Golauncher and ADW would chug along.
    for me, SPB Shell 3D is the best. I made a video "gnote running spb shell 3d in table mode"