Signal and edge/3g fix

Search This thread

aeroflyluby

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2009
Rybnik
I managed to get edge, 3g and better signal in wp7

Warning: Phone may get very hot because whole radio unit is set to 100% power.

Link:
http://luby.acech24.pl/files/fullpoweredge.qcn

How to flash:
Turn off tg01
press VOL- and VOL+ and hold it, turn TG01 on
With VOL- button skip to Factory Test Mode (FTM) option and with VOL+ set it to YES
Press VOL-
The phone will be black, connect it to PC
Open QPST and browse for according port if it's not detected
Go to Restore tab
Choose downloaded file
Click Start

wait a bit, after finished, disconnect tg01 from PC, turn on and enjoy

jonnyhall1bmx1

Jul 29, 2008
bradford
good progress thank you for your hard work :)
if i wasnt so poor due to car insurance and xmas i would donate to you and several others :)

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

does not work i get in the errors

the esn of the phone does not match the esn of this file containing rf calibration data

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
I managed to get edge, 3g and better signal in wp7

Warning: Phone may get very hot because whole radio unit is set to 100% power.

Link:
http://luby.acech24.pl/files/fullpoweredge.qcn

How to flash:
Turn off tg01
press VOL- and VOL+ and hold it, turn TG01 on
With VOL- button skip to Factory Test Mode (FTM) option and with VOL+ set it to YES
Press VOL-
The phone will be black, connect it to PC
Open QPST and browse for according port if it's not detected
Go to Restore tab
Choose downloaded file
Click Start

wait a bit, after finished, disconnect tg01 from PC, turn on and enjoy

you can turn allow esn mismatch to download it ........

attachment.php

nope, sorry it drops from full to 0. test on WojtasXda 7740 test rom

thank you for your work- don´t give up!

jonslayer0

Oct 20, 2009
Compiègne
I wanted to try your patch but when I turn on the phone after pressing vol down and holding vol up (while it's turning on) I end up on a screen with a phone (with a windows logo) and a computer telling me to plug my phone to the computer. I did and it installed a pilot (which displays TSUNAGI) but no FTM option?

aeroflyluby

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2009
Rybnik
:< Maybe radios chips differ from each other, I got more signal with EDGE coverage even where wm6 couldn't do anything

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
I wanted to try your patch but when I turn on the phone after pressing vol down and holding vol up (while it's turning on) I end up on a screen with a phone (with a windows logo) and a computer telling me to plug my phone to the computer. I did and it installed a pilot (which displays TSUNAGI) but no FTM option?

which rom you have run?........ but you do not must test it- it works not .....
different roms, different ftm screen- my is black- but on ftm mode, ffboy rom has htc logo + charge ....

Reactions: jonslayer0

nikola92

Oct 25, 2010
Novi Sad
well how it is that on his device the fux is working and on your don't? Have you tried on your other phone?

aeroflyluby

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2009
Rybnik
It's don't working because each radio got checksum/identificator which is differ. If bad checksum - No signal

What I did to fix:

Backuped my radio with Backup tab
Restored FFBoys QCN with Restore tab
Opened app named Service Programming from QPST package
Connected to my phone in FTM mode
Got into System tab
Clicked on Read from phone
Selected EVERYTHING and set Preffered mode to Automatic and Pref Acquiniston
order to GSM, WCDMA
Clicked Write to phone
Resetted and booted the phone and everything worked.

jonnyhall1bmx1

Jul 29, 2008
bradford
aeroflyluby can you please upload the files and abit more detail in instructions so i can try this on my tg01:)

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

ohh i think i understand it :) can you upload me >> FFBoys QCN

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

also when i click on read from phone step it says please enter your phones service programming code what is this?

aeroflyluby

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2009
Rybnik
aeroflyluby can you please upload the files and abit more detail in instructions so i can try this on my tg01:)

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

also when i click on read from phone step it says please enter your phones service programming code what is this?

You need FTM mode in whole operation, everywhere..
Ahh code is 00000 or 0000

FFBoys QCN in attachment

Attachments

• DEADD00D_sp.rar
    1.3 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: jonnyhall1bmx1

jonnyhall1bmx1

Jul 29, 2008
bradford
thank you :)

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

i got errors on the last step :( it did not do anything on noksers wp7 rom :( should i try this on the mango rom ? or am i doing something wrong

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

i get in nw write errors box

NV item STATUS

NV_UE_IMEI_I NV_READONLY_S

bascore

Dec 26, 2010
calais
hi I think it works sms and calls with (orange)
Sorry I'm french

I have my copy DEADD00D_sp C: \ Program Files \ Qualcomm \ QPST \ bin

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's don't working because each radio got checksum/identificator which is differ. If bad checksum - No signal

What I did to fix:

Backuped my radio with Backup tab
    Restored FFBoys QCN with Restore tab
    Opened app named Service Programming from QPST package
    Connected to my phone in FTM mode
    Got into System tab
    Clicked on Read from phone
    Selected EVERYTHING and set Preffered mode to Automatic and Pref Acquiniston
    order to GSM, WCDMA
    Clicked Write to phone
    Resetted and booted the phone and everything worked.
    I will w8 until someone integrate this fix ;)

not 100% sure, but i think is not possible to cook in- this fix is maybe a hard memory fix. if you make this fix one time- it stay in a speciall part of memory, no matter which wp7 rom you flash ..........

which rom you have run?........ but you do not must test it- it works not .....
    different roms, different ftm screen- my is black- but on ftm mode, ffboy rom has htc logo + charge ....

You need FTM mode in whole operation, everywhere..
    Ahh code is 00000 or 0000

FFBoys QCN in attachment
    Is battery life any good? I'm just updating to new mango and installing this fix :D It was a lot faster to update to wp7 before. Now it takes up to 20 min... Before it was up to 5 min in my case :D

Yup, the update time is boring but all worth, in my new develop rom (not released yet) it takes:
    15 minutes to build (Lolol)
    25 minutes to flash
    20 minutes "Installing apps" screen (HTC hub and stuff from newest HTC phones, also dev tools as touchxplorer etc)
    Thanks god it does that boring only on first boot :d but imagine how slow testing goes if the rom takes that count...