Samsung Galaxy Note 2 "Smart Dock" wanted...

Search This thread

statustray

Oct 9, 2010
North Central Florida
I have a vzw note 2 and am looking for a US company or website that is legit and has the samsung galaxy note 2 "smart dock" in stock. Anyone seen that lately? I called my local vzw retail store and they told me all they have are a couple of cases.

Thanks in advance.

blindwuzi

Feb 8, 2013
Is there a huge benefit from getting the samsung smart dock as opposed to getting something like the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Case Compatible HDMI Charging Dock which is only about 40 bucks?

Jan 8, 2013
Yeah I would like to know also what the benefit of getting the official Samsung dock versus a generic. And does anyone know how future proof this is? like will it work with the Note 3, 4, etc?

blindwuzi

Feb 8, 2013
Yeah but if you get a blue tooth keyboard and mouse you wouldn't really need the extra ports would you?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Yeah but if you get a blue tooth keyboard and mouse you wouldn't really need the extra ports would you?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Also you can use a hard drive or flash drive to view files or movies on there. Also comes with an extra wall charger($40 value). Plus if you dont want to have to buy a bluetooth keyboard and mouse but have many wired keyboards and mice around why not? It'll be cheaper than having to purchase those along with the dock.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

ap27

May 13, 2010
Be careful with some older wired mice though. Some people (including me) have noticed that connecting an old wired mouse turns the screen of the Note 2 off (a good thing) but drops the FPS on the monitor/TV significantly.

statustray

Oct 9, 2010
North Central Florida
I am hoping to get my hands on one of the smart docks soon. I have found some on amazon, but the vendors there have the price so jacked up that I figure I am not going to buy from them. The way I see it is if Samsung can sell for $99, why pay $139-$160 for the exact same item. Doesn't make sense at all. Bestbuy is out of stock, and cdw as well, But the cheapest price I have seen is with cdw. Will keep my fingers crossed that one will make itself available within the next few weeks.

Signed,
*Eagerly waiting* - lol :D

statustray

Oct 9, 2010
North Central Florida
When I called the very nice lady at CDW said they were getting some in at the end of February. That was a couple of weeks ago. I got one at Amazon for a little over $100 shipped instead.

Yes I spoke with a very nice lady as well. She told me that it should be around the 2nd week of March. I am hoping that to be the case as well. She also told me that I can go ahead and place my order now, and whenever the device is received, then it would be shipped, but I just don't want to lock into anything.

Do you remember the vendor you used when purchasing yours from amazon?

ap27

May 13, 2010
Shopandroid.com has them in stock. Got mine from there. Arrived in 3 days.

statustray

Oct 9, 2010
North Central Florida
Shopandroid.com has them in stock. Got mine from there. Arrived in 3 days.

Now it looks like they don't have any in stock. But this stuff looks like a great website though :) thanks for the information.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361673341017.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361673341017.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 557

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
$100 shipped. PM me if interested.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Saleian

Dec 18, 2010
Bet you can't have a case on with this