LG G Watch/ android wear Apps and updates

Search This thread

francous

Dec 13, 2010
Lancaster Pa
I use Hangouts for messaging, are there any other sms apps ppl like using that we could use our original phone number on the G watch that we can reply with?

I don't really like hangouts and how they don't show anything but Google contact photos. Just curious of to what everyone's setup is like. I'm really liking the G watch and the convenience of it, no question android wear has a long way to go.

Which apps do you find convenient and worth the download besides watch faces?

Kreateablaze

Jul 31, 2012
pottstown
I like it alot better. I don't use hangouts except for ingress related talk. Evolve sms is always being improved. I try to use other sms apps sometimes just to try something different but always go back to evolve

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk

francous

Dec 13, 2010
Lancaster Pa
I like it alot better. I don't use hangouts except for ingress related talk. Evolve sms is always being improved. I try to use other sms apps sometimes just to try something different but always go back to evolve

Yeah i actually just downloaded it.. I can see why u like it.. It's real smooth and the ui looks great. Haven't tested it with the watch yet, but u do get full voice reply correct?

Reactions: Kreateablaze

francous

Dec 13, 2010
Lancaster Pa
Yes I works perfectly with the watch.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Yeah i used it today at work. I'm definitely keeping it and using it over hangouts.. Its beautiful on my phone too.. Only thing I hope they add is being able to see the conversation on the watch.. There sas a couple times someone texted me back and I forgot what I said so u had to dig for my phone lol.. No biggie, but would be nice!

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Lol what makes you say that? And how is 8sms better?
Just go look at the evolve g+ community it's nothing but bug complaints lol. MMS barely works, it's buggy as hell and the devs focus on aesthetics rather than a fully functioning app, it's crap IMO. 8sms keeps it simple and works 100% of the time.

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

Reactions: francous

francous

Dec 13, 2010
Lancaster Pa
Just go look at the evolve g+ community it's nothing but bug complaints lol. MMS barely works, it's buggy as hell and the devs focus on aesthetics rather than a fully functioning app, it's crap IMO. 8sms keeps it simple and works 100% of the time.

Hmm. I guess I'll try it out. Do you mean in general or on the watch specifically ?

francous

Dec 13, 2010
Lancaster Pa
I'm trying out chomp sms now. Evolve is nice but the Ui on my phone made it kind of confusing. If u check one person's message it marks them all read? There were times I didn't realize someone sent me a message until I swiped and didn't recognize reading that message or so

Ugh.. Nevermind, I can't handle the ads.. Trying 8sms now. I like it so far, but some of my messages I'm sending from the watch aren't sending or appearing in my sms on the phone..

... Aaannnnd back to Hangouts I go..

Last edited:

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
I'm trying out chomp sms now. Evolve is nice but the Ui on my phone made it kind of confusing. If u check one person's message it marks them all read? There were times I didn't realize someone sent me a message until I swiped and didn't recognize reading that message or so

Ugh.. Nevermind, I can't handle the ads.. Trying 8sms now. I like it so far, but some of my messages I'm sending from the watch aren't sending or appearing in my sms on the phone..

The dev of 8sms @bengtan recently updated 8sms and the update killed Android Wear voice reply lol... but I mailed him about it and he fixed it the next day. Here is the APK, it should push out to Google Days within the next couple of days (according to him).

Attachments

• 8sms-1.42-wear-voice-reply-20140905.apk
    7.8 MB · Views: 47

Bladder61

Mar 31, 2011
The dev of 8sms @bengtan recently updated 8sms and the update killed Android Wear voice reply lol... but I mailed him about it and he fixed it the next day. Here is the APK, it should push out to Google Days within the next couple of days (according to him).

Thanks for sharing the fixed apk. That did the trick! :good:

francous

Dec 13, 2010
Lancaster Pa
Any new apps or tricks we should look out for? I know they said an update is coming next month, I just hope developers don't forget about us... Android wear/ LG g watch could be so good!

comk4ver

Aug 21, 2010
Google's message app actually let's you go through the entire conversation. I like it has material format.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Evolve sms works perfectly

Yeah i actually just downloaded it.. I can see why u like it.. It's real smooth and the ui looks great. Haven't tested it with the watch yet, but u do get full voice reply correct?
    Lol what makes you say that? And how is 8sms better?

Try the new Textra. They update to a material look. And it works with my g watch