Galaxy S Plus I9001 Q&A

Search This thread

ktulu84

Jan 2, 2013
Pescara
I'm having a problem.
I just installed CWM 6.0.1.3 in order to install CM 10.1 on my I9001, but when i open CWM my power button doesn't work!

I also can't load the OS because it boots automatically to CWM.

Thank you.

You have to re flash your bootloader, and 6.0.1.3 has a known bug, it doesn't have a key to confirm, only up, down and back are working

Edit: to solve boot loop in recovery you have to follow this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24831012&postcount=1330
Inviato dal mio GT-i9001 con topatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

I have used Odin to install the CWM, using the tutorial in the noob guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24370348

Then I flashed both LiquidSmooth JB and SlimBean JB rom. Both stay on the bootscreen for ever.
I can however restore my backup, and get back into the original rom without a problem.
Does any one know what I would be doing wrong?

I apologize if this is a common problem, I have tried to find for a solution in the topics, Google Search & the wiki page, but couldn't get on to something.

Thanks a lot for you're help and, please do tell me if you need more information (as the information provided now is not that much)

first... from wich rom are you starting? second... wich recovery are you using? third... have you done a factory reset after flashing?

Last edited:

increatu

Guys you know what is the best ROM (with Kernel ) or what TWEAKS to use for HD games ?I am a maniac player of Order and Chaos and since the last update i cant make work well on any ROM tryed by me BlazR included( some ppl saying that is best for gaming ) .I dont care what version is from 2.3.6 to CM 10.2 .Big thanks if u can help me .

@@Can I get an answer here pls ?:)

Sagan94

Jul 7, 2013
Legnica
I have a big problem with Slim Bean for I9001from this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296347

The problem is when I try to listen to music in Winamp Pro and I want to do any other things on my I9001. In this situation the music frezees and the Winamp closes after a few second. Listening to music is only possible when I have open Winamp and I don't do any other thing on my phone. I have the same problem with use Swype keyboard, when I want to write a long word keyboard freezes. I think that this is the problem with free RAM because I noticed that I have only 9MB free RAM when I have opened Winamp Pro and GO SMS Pro. Can I do anything with that? Listening to music and writing SMS is very important to me but I can't do this on my phone in the same time. Before I install Slim Bean I had stock Android 2.3.4 and I had about 150 installed applications and usually about 30-40 MB free RAM. Now I have about 15 apps and it's impossible to have more free RAM. On stock ROM I could use Winamp with Opera Mobile and all was ok. I don't want to uninstall Slim Bean but using the phone now is impossible. Greetings.

minifig

Aug 30, 2012
I have a big problem with Slim Bean for I9001from this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296347

The problem is when I try to listen to music in Winamp Pro and I want to do any other things on my I9001. In this situation the music frezees and the Winamp closes after a few second. Listening to music is only possible when I have open Winamp and I don't do any other thing on my phone. I have the same problem with use Swype keyboard, when I want to write a long word keyboard freezes. I think that this is the problem with free RAM because I noticed that I have only 9MB free RAM when I have opened Winamp Pro and GO SMS Pro. Can I do anything with that? Listening to music and writing SMS is very important to me but I can't do this on my phone in the same time. Before I install Slim Bean I had stock Android 2.3.4 and I had about 150 installed applications and usually about 30-40 MB free RAM. Now I have about 15 apps and it's impossible to have more free RAM. On stock ROM I could use Winamp with Opera Mobile and all was ok. I don't want to uninstall Slim Bean but using the phone now is impossible. Greetings.

Try using a different kernel. I'm using k_kernel with 390 mb ram and have no issues.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

BeemsterCheese

Jan 30, 2013
You have to re flash your bootloader, and 6.0.1.3 has a known bug, it doesn't have a key to confirm, only up, down and back are working

Edit: to solve boot loop in recovery you have to follow this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24831012&postcount=1330
Inviato dal mio GT-i9001 con topatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

first... from wich rom are you starting? second... wich recovery are you using? third... have you done a factory reset after flashing?

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately I have already tried to flash that boot_loader (it came up in my search to find a resolution).
I am booting from either the Liquid or SlimBean ROM.

it worked! I found out that I had to flash an updated 1.4 version of the Recovery software.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

ehsan453

Apr 28, 2013
Recently I noticed my battery has swelled up and when It's on 20%, my phone turns off automatically. After turning it on, battery level show 2%
My original battery is just working one year. If i buy new battery, what should i do to prevent battery swelling up again?

1- Is it related to my custom ROM?
2-Is flashing just system of my ROM will help?

BTW I had installed some IO schedular apps such as seeder and auto killer memory optimizer.

Proxxx23

Feb 21, 2013
[Q] I do not see advanced settings on CM10.1 + castagnaIT kernel (with AriesParts 2.0

I do not see advanced settings on CM10.1 + castagnaIT kernel (with AriesParts 2.0). What should I do, to see them?

ktulu84

Jan 2, 2013
Pescara
Recently I noticed my battery has swelled up and when It's on 20%, my phone turns off automatically. After turning it on, battery level show 2%
My original battery is just working one year. If i buy new battery, what should i do to prevent battery swelling up again?

1- Is it related to my custom ROM?
2-Is flashing just system of my ROM will help?

BTW I had installed some IO schedular apps such as seeder and auto killer memory optimizer.

it is not related to rom... is mainly related to battery aging and heat..

7med

Aug 27, 2012
Casablanca
Hey friends im new here and i wanted to ask a question..
So i have stock gingerbreadn and i want to flash cm 10.1 .
Can i flash TWRP 2.5.0.0 over stock recovery and install then Cm 10.1?
Flash TWRP from the stock recovery, reboot to recovery, factory reset then flash CM.

If you got the recovery bootloop just flash the bootloader via ODIN as described in the wiki or CM10.1 topic.

Happy flashing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you ever think about change the i9001? Its old decice, there are a lot better phones on the market with great dev section and better development sources. Why you guys still have i9001 and after 2 years u decided to make a dev team when propably a lot of you would Like to change theri phones?

Tapatapatap i9001

Not everyone gets a new phone every 2 years. I keep it till it breaks.

Hi,
    soon the new team will release the CM10.1 ROM...

Here the link to the donations

thanks for your support...

DevConThread.png
    Hey guys, i like the idea of forming a developer group but i'm just asking what the big projects and what the advantages will be...

Hello trapjul, thanks for your question.

Currently we are working hard on the 3.4 Kernel and fixing the last bugs on CM10.1. Other Projects are in planning and we will inform you guys as soon as we have something to present you.
    Also we try to develop as unite. All important commits will be placed on 1 git to help other people to keep overview of the whole stuff. No more triple sync of repos or similar stuff needed.
    End users like you take profit of this too. In case any of our devs have no time, a other one can release a build or add patches to the git.

[/COLOR]
    Here's a question: as you are a team and you have a separate account, will you rebrand your work and post kernels, ROMs under this account? And is it going to be just cm or any other either original or ported ROMs?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

Hello jokubas,

The CM10.1 will be released as TEAM build with stockkernel. There will still be custom kernels like CastagnaIT, Phenom or K^Kernel.

will our phone i9001 and galaxy w receive official support by cyanogenmod?

Hello cezaralboiu,

No. Never.

Regards
    AriesVE_DevCon
    Please Keep All non-Development Questions & Answer within this topic! to keep the Galaxy S Plus I9001 Development area with irrelevant pollution.

All previous Q&A are located here Galaxy S Plus I9001 Q&A archive

Thank you
    -- A.G.
    Hi,
    soon the new team will release the CM10.1 ROM...

Here the link to the donations

thanks for your support...

DevConThread.png

Hi,
    I'm one of the member of the Dev Connection Team

Up today we are 6 members; in alphabetic order:

CastagnaIT (dev)
    Christopher83 (dev)
    Educk (dev)
    Ivendor (dev)
    smeroni68 (tester)
    Xellar (tester)