Absolution Q&A

Search This thread

sphuyal

Sep 1, 2009
OSLO
Hi, as posted before, I had trouble with the bundled OC Daemon (When 3.2 comes out, I do a complete start from scratch flashing and setup, maybe it will work than), and I am using SetCPU for OC.

I have 2 Questions:

1. Is it normal, that I cannot see the UV menu in SetCPU? It simply ain't there. On the other hand, I can see it on my Samsung Galaxy 3, so I was just curious, if it's device specific and anyone of Y'all would know and tell. :)

2. Are there any recommended CPU settings and governors / profiles for this ROM? As we know LorDmod allows us to crank up the CPU to 2.0 GHz but, err yea right, I rather won't run my phone on such high freq, something tells me it's too much to take. Any suggestions for the freqs/governors, for onscreen, offscreen, in-call etc.?

1. Absolutions tools ----> UV (I don't see any need for SetCPU to be honest, and on top of that, I think somewhere there is a thread alone for SetCPU)

2. Everything is smooth when you just leave ROM like that. I tried playing with UV n OC some while ago, ended up in random reboots. I have never felt any need for UV or OC'ing my phone. And yes, in my holiday i play high-res games in my mobile n have not noticed any lag.

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

Davidian-SK

Jul 22, 2011
Bratislava
davidian.endoftheinternet.org
well my question was aimed at how to lower the freqs, when the screen is off or at night, or during a call. Like how much lower I can set the freqs in such phone state, to be able to wake up from deep sleep, I am out for MORE battery life. but nevermind, I guess I'll have to find out on my own..

I started to try it like this:

screenshot-1324395800393.jpg

rasroygbiv

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
well my question was aimed at how to lower the freqs, when the screen is off or at night, or during a call. Like how much lower I can set the freqs in such phone state, to be able to wake up from deep sleep, I am out for MORE battery life. but nevermind, I guess I'll have to find out on my own..

I started to try it like this:

screenshot-1324395800393.jpg

473e6972-b77c-c898.jpg

473e6972-be75-99cb.jpg

That is the setup I am using and it is working well for me. Great battery life for all that I do on my phone.

My phone has received Absolution...Has yours?

Last edited:

sledboy

Dec 6, 2011
Springfield
icon change

i hope i am in the right place as i am new to all this.

i am trying to change the icons that come with the rom to the ones i want.

i have pulled out the apk for messaging and found the png that displays when i go to it and replaced it with mine....

i used the same size image and renamed mine to match the original. i then put it back in the original zip and was wandering if i re-flashed the zip if it would work or do i need to sign it and make it a some kind of self installing file to overwrite the original one.

my attempt here is to change the icons to a Harley Davidson kind of theme.

Thanks.......

Attachments

• ic_launcher_smsmms.png
    ic_launcher_smsmms.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 72
  • ic_launcher_smsmms_OLD.png
    ic_launcher_smsmms_OLD.png
    6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

offlimitz

Dec 20, 2011
NC
Question about FFC

Ok, so I am just trying this ROM out and it is blowing my mind...literally...my brains are all over the screen as i type, so thanks!

One problem I am experiencing is with ffc and gtalk. Whenever it attempts to video chat gtalk fails and restarts anythoughts?

I have tried reset, clear data, everything short of reinstall...

thanks in advance!

rasroygbiv

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
Ok, so I am just trying this ROM out and it is blowing my mind...literally...my brains are all over the screen as i type, so thanks!

One problem I am experiencing is with ffc and gtalk. Whenever it attempts to video chat gtalk fails and restarts anythoughts?

I have tried reset, clear data, everything short of reinstall...

thanks in advance!

Are you on inspire or glacier?

My phone has received Absolution...Has yours?

Balandari

Jan 27, 2011
Mic problem

I installed Absolution 3.1 over the weekend and I find that after my phone has been on for a while, (I have not timed it) the voice commands stop working... For instance, if I try to use google search or to send a text by voice instead of typing, I get a red line across the mic and will not let me use the feature. Rebooting my phone solves the problem... Other than that, I really like the rom!

I switched to this rom from CoreDroid rom. One thing I could do with CoreDroid was pull up the phone, start typing the letters of the person I wanted to call and would pull up any contact that had those letters. It is a very quick way for me to make phone calls. Is there a way to do this with this Absolution?

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
I installed Absolution 3.1 over the weekend and I find that after my phone has been on for a while, (I have not timed it) the voice commands stop working... For instance, if I try to use google search or to send a text by voice instead of typing, I get a red line across the mic and will not let me use the feature. Rebooting my phone solves the problem... Other than that, I really like the rom!

I switched to this rom from CoreDroid rom. One thing I could do with CoreDroid was pull up the phone, start typing the letters of the person I wanted to call and would pull up any contact that had those letters. It is a very quick way for me to make phone calls. Is there a way to do this with this Absolution?

Install version 3.2. Just dropped tonight

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Reactions: rasroygbiv

ashies7

Apr 29, 2011
Missouri

Download dialer one, or another similar app :)

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Reactions: rasroygbiv

Aledajeroma

Mar 23, 2011
I have a problem: it seems my OTA download doesn't work.
In the attachment is what I get when I click on that download link.

Why is this happening and what does it mean? How can I update the rom in another way?

Thank you for this rom anyway, it's fantastic! :)

Attachments

• screenshot-1324474543530.jpg
    screenshot-1324474543530.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 39
  • screenshot-1324474600149.jpg
    screenshot-1324474600149.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 36

MMM-BACONSTRIPS

Sep 7, 2011
Philadelphia
I have a problem: it seems my OTA download doesn't work.
In the attachment is what I get when I click on that download link.

Why is this happening and what does it mean? How can I update the rom in another way?

Thank you for this rom anyway, it's fantastic! :)

Just download that APK and using a file explorer (I use root explorer) navigate to your sdcard. This APK should be there, click it and install it. Go to absolution tools and update absolution tools and that should give you the OTA screen in the absolution tools. Absolution OTA and the tools were once two different apps, but the great devs decided that they could just make it all in house so when you do install the APK, you will probably get a OTA app (if you're using 3.1) as a separate app in your app drawer. If you upgrade to 3.2, this no longer occurs.

Reactions: ashies7

Aledajeroma

Mar 23, 2011
Just download that APK and using a file explorer (I use root explorer) navigate to your sdcard. This APK should be there, click it and install it. Go to absolution tools and update absolution tools and that should give you the OTA screen in the absolution tools. Absolution OTA and the tools were once two different apps, but the great devs decided that they could just make it all in house so when you do install the APK, you will probably get a OTA app (if you're using 3.1) as a separate app in your app drawer. If you upgrade to 3.2, this no longer occurs.

Thank you, I did everything you wrote but I still get the same thing. Anyway, I'm currently on 3.0 version if it's important... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Important Update*

*Important Update*
    I have found yet another bug in Absolution Tools and Tweak.
    This has been a work in progress since I made it but I thought it was working as it should.
    I was wrong. It has not been removing the tweak settings properly upon resetting cpu clock settings in tools.
    That being said, it does now. As far as I can tell from just now testing it, everything works as it should. But I have said that before :p
    Please Update Absolution Tools now.
    If you are in a country that cannot download from the automatic download links please download Absolution Tools v7.3 from the OTA>Apps Section.
    Thanks!

flappjaxxx OUT!
    Ok, I will research the kitchen and give it a whirl. I love the ability to customize my phone the way I want it. If I didn't I would have never rooted it and started flashing... Plus I really don't want to go into a boot loop, I don't wear boots or loops anyway!

Thanks for your help, simply amazing how quick you guys reply and help.

No prob...that's what make us better than any other team on this site.

Don't forget the thanks button! :)

I got your 10 char right here

abso Bacon Mod
    Ras accounts for 84% of my thanks..I love that guy! :D

There is another thanks for you buddy! Thanks for helping support this thing. Its awesome to have great users throw in and help out. We have the best users around!

Absolution saved my phone, Reggae soothes my soul
    I have a question that is not a when or anything like that and even bringing this up may be taboo, and if that is the case just tell me to shutup and I won't think about it again until it happens.

So, I have been watching the ICS ROMs becoming available and the entailing conversations. With that I am anticipating CM9 more and more. Now I am wondering what you all (the Collective) think about CM9 and if you plan on moving Absolution to this and if so how you foresee this change effecting this ROM? Again this is not a question of when, but if and what to expect...

Totally up in the air right now. Leaning more to a more pure aosp build personally but that is not set in stone anywhere. We will decide as a team and announce when we start an ICS build.

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    I love absolution and the work you guys do but I really like your blue stock abso theme from 3.3 and your blue wallpapers from 3.3. Any chance you can bring that stuff back and add it as options in absolution ota? Why remove extra options if the work is already done.

Its been said before...but I will say it again. Please give us a few days before asking about mods or add ons. A have just dropped a proverbial load here and need some time to recoup. If you knew how many hours were put into this over the weekend and yesterday, you would understand. That's time taken away from wife and kids who now deserve a little attention. Plus after any climax, a man wants to rest. Give us some time. I understand your like and want blue, but even tough the theme is done, its work. Which I ain't doing for a while. So, if you would like blue, feel free to stay on 3.3 for now...or, fine a thread in how to theme and bring it over.

Like Tupac said...I ain't mad atcha...just want some well deserved rest.

Sent from a phone.