(Root) Multiwindow plus - split window in 4

Search This thread

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
0MG I'm having a nerdgasm!!! It works and is freaking Awesome

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mouse100

Sep 20, 2010
Thanks. I hope samsung will add this feature on next update so I won't need root.

Samsung SM-P9005 - Tapatalk

ap27

May 13, 2010
Happy to report this works quite well! I used Wanam to add a bunch of apps to the Multiwindow bar and all of them seem to work just fine in windowed or 4-way mode!

Thank you!!

SCougar26

Dec 20, 2010
The Apps Manager does not work with the Clean ROM 2.0 FYI. It allows me to go thru the setup of adding apps to the multi-window sidebar but they don't take after a reboot. Sucks.

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
It works for me on clean rom 2.0 rc2 :p

Gesendet von meinem SM-P600 mit Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389519551990.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389519551990.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 1,640

BigBroham1984

Dec 18, 2012
Saginaw
The Apps Manager does not work with the Clean ROM 2.0 FYI. It allows me to go thru the setup of adding apps to the multi-window sidebar but they don't take after a reboot. Sucks.

You have to hit the 'save' icon on the top right corner prior to reboot...it looks like a floppy disk. Did you do that first? Then after reboot, you still have to add them to the side bar by scrolling to the bottom of the side bar, touching the pixelated triangle & choosing edit to add the apps to the sidebar. The previous steps only make the 'available', the last step actually adds them to multiwindow. I hope that helps!

Reactions: SCougar26

RTbar

Jul 18, 2009
I haven't tested the app much but I ran into a problem... The blue dot pops up whenever I resize the windows by moving it, and it will not go away no matter how many times I click on it again. It takes around 5th seconds for it to disappear on its own after I stop touching it, but the menu pops up again every time I move a window

SCougar26

Dec 20, 2010
You have to hit the 'save' icon on the top right corner prior to reboot...it looks like a floppy disk. Did you do that first? Then after reboot, you still have to add them to the side bar by scrolling to the bottom of the side bar, touching the pixelated triangle & choosing edit to add the apps to the sidebar. The previous steps only make the 'available', the last step actually adds them to multiwindow. I hope that helps!

Duuuuuhhhh, I didn't edit the multi-window dock to add the apps after the reboot, I thought that was done as part of the procedure. Thanks BigBroham!!!! :good:

ckelly33

Dec 25, 2008
MartinTN
This is a great feature and maybe I am missing something but I wanted to ask my fellow 10.1 2014 owners a question....with the previous Note 10.1 you could split the windows and the functionality was a ton better. For instance, I could make the top half Kindle (with a textbook loaded on it) and the bottom half S-Note. When reading my text, if I found a passage to notate, I would circle it with my S-Pen and drag it down to S-Note where I could furhter notate the "quoted' text.

If I try this with a 10.1 2014, it no longer works - at least not that I can figure out. When you circle text it pops up but you can't do much with it. The only thing a 2014 seems to allow is dragging it onto a select set of apps that open up from the bottom tray. With the 2014, I can circle a passage, drag it to one of those apps (which then open with the selection showing) BUT if I try to do that a second time with the app that just opened, it won't work.

Has anyone else been frustrated by this 'removal' of functionality? Is there a fix?

Reactions: N'ash

toanau

Jul 30, 2011
How does this work. After I install the app and reboot. What do I do afterwards

supergrobi94

Recognized Themer
Feb 9, 2012
Just open the MultiWindows Bar and choose your apps, like you normally do. But now you can run up to 4 apps. Or in floating mode.

Gesendet vom GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

toanau

Jul 30, 2011
Just open the MultiWindows Bar and choose your apps, like you normally do. But now you can run up to 4 apps. Or in floating mode.

Could u add in any app you want? Is the multi-window bar is the stock Samsung

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

supergrobi94

Recognized Themer
Feb 9, 2012
For adding apps, you need Xposed Framework and the MW Manager Modul. It's the Stock Samsung Bar.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts