[DEV][CM9] Open ICS Project - UPDATE 4/13/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gh123man

news
Code:
4/13/12
CM9 is out. see last post for details. thread closing, thanks everyone!

3/31/12
-wow its been a while since i updated this.. progress is good. 

3/17/12
-i know this thread is quite a the moment... something big is comming

3/10/12
going back to school soon, then i can start cracking down on this again. its been hard with seeing family and such.
current priority list:
-Sleep of death
-wifi
-sensors/audio (whichever i get to first)
-iron out storage issues (if there are any)
-camera
-am i missing anything???

3/7/12
-green overlay + 3d acceleration fixed. preparing updates and pushing them soon. 

3/5/12
-sorry for lack of updates, working on the green screen issue and will hopefully have it fixed soon, that and i am on spring break, expect more next week. ill do my best this week. 

3/1/12
-updated broken/working
-updated the repo
-uploaded early build

2/29/12
-pulled early build, kernel problem. compiling new one now. 

2/28/12: 
- posted early build. 
- i have finals right now so ill do my best to keep working

INTRO
Hey everyone. I have been at it for *insert days since 2/24/12* days strait and I finally got a working Device tree up and running. This is not meant for use yet. Very buggy and needs lots of work. But its a start. This is my own device + vendor tree. I started from scratch. (see Thanks for some details.)

INFO
This is a work in progress. dont ask for ETAs.
THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT THREAD! DONT SPAM THIS TREAD. I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOMETHING DONE HERE. KEEP YOUR BICKERING TO THE GENERAL SECTION. I WILL NOT TOLERATE UNNECESSARY COMMENTS

CONTRIBUTE!
Remember this is an open project. post here or pm me if you have any contributions to the project. im sure we all would like cm9 running on our devices with a tree + kernel available to everyone! lets make this a team effort. lets put everything else behind us and get a good, stable, source-built rom for our tablet :)

WORKING
boots
3D acceleration
2D acceleration
touchscreen
usb input
task switcher
no green overlay :)

Known issues/Broken
WIFI
Bluetooth
audio (i think i found a fix. havent implemented yet)
sensors
camera - we have drivers its just a mater of implementing them

THANKS!
seraphimserapis - some base config stuff (not many of you may know him but he was a huge part in the early days of the iconia)
blazingwolf - reading lots of your posts. helped with base vendor config. kernel
RaYmAn - touchscreen fix in kernel
cyanogenmod - source lulz
if im missing someone tell me. I dont want to leave anyone out on this.

PICS
IMG_20120228_162241.jpg

IMG_20120228_162103.jpg
IMG_20120228_162134.jpg

Last edited:

gh123man

Development stuff

INFO
So I figure this will be much easier once acer releases the kernel source for ICS. but for now im working off of the HC source. we can do our best.

In the device tree local-extract-files.sh and extract-files.sh are both incomplete. its easy to finish i just use my own vendor folder and change it as i go. ill fix them later.

most of my updates are posted in the news box at the top of the page. its easier to update and more noticeable.

SOURCE
Kernel: https://github.com/gh123man/Picasso-ICS-kernel-2.6.36.3
device tree: https://github.com/gh123man/device_acer_picasso
vendor tree: https://github.com/gh123man/vendor_acer_picasso

Last edited:

vache

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2009
Paris
Did you try to use ics stock kernel ?
It may help until ICS kernel sources are released.

gh123man

Did you try to use ics stock kernel ?
It may help until ICS kernel sources are released.

so far i have only used the stock acer 3.2 kernel with the touch screen fix... ill look into it if i can. ive been tinkering around with other kernels with no results as of yet. i am also trying to play with the a200 sources you posted but im getting a bunch of compile errors.

apapousek

Jul 18, 2011
I'm glad to see an open ICS dev branch for our Iconia. I'm not too good at developing, but I have plenty of server space if you need an image mirror.

Reactions: bdubs4200

apapousek

Jul 18, 2011
Thank you. ill let you know (sorry for the previous misquote)

No worries. I hate seeing people asking for eta, or saying "i'm a blonde lol" in dev threads. The Development sections is for developoment.. kind've obvious. I'm not too handy with compiling Android, but I do love compiling kernels, though. If you want, I'll monkey around with a couple configs.

Reactions: gh123man

gh123man

No worries. I hate seeing people asking for eta, or saying "i'm a blonde lol" in dev threads. The Development sections is for developoment.. kind've obvious. I'm not too handy with compiling Android, but I do love compiling kernels, though. If you want, I'll monkey around with a couple configs.

@apapousek yeah that comment was directed at someone who changed their post... i quoted you by mistake for that I am sorry :( . feel free, actually please, monkey with everything! :)

@everyone repos updated, added decoders and stuff. re-arranged stuff in device and vendor. added a working early build if you want to play with it. changed the working/broken with some more details, still cant get wifi working...

Last edited:

Erik_T

Sep 15, 2011
@apapousek yeah that comment was directed at someone who changed their post... i quoted you by mistake. feel free, actually please, monkey with everything! :)

@everyone repos updated, added decoders and stuff. re-arranged stuff in device and vendor. added a working early build if you want to play with it. changed the working/broken with some more details, still cant get wifi working...

Alright. 2 seconds, and I'm out. You won't see me comment here again. Thank you for reading that and realizing you misquoted. I read through that response multiple times and I was like.... What???? That's a bit over the top for offering server space.. Turns out your pretty nice. :)

Next, thank you doing this. Very nice to see so much development. This is awesome!!!! :D Good luck with finals.

*gone like a ghost.* :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

gh123man

hey everyone, you may be wondering where i have been. well i finished finals and came out alive, went on a ski trip where google happened to have 600 employ's on a trip, so that was really cool. and while all of this has been going on i have not missed a day of working on this project. now that i have been home for a few days i have been able to crank out some work.

Graphics driver fixed, no more crashes. WORKING HW ACCELERATION :)
gallery is now fixed because of this.
and best of all... NO GREEN OVERLAY :)
only issue is a bad sleep of death issue... time to start digging.
ill push updates to the repos soon if anyone wants to play with it.

+ thanks to blazingwolf for a kick in the right direction.

EDIT:
repos have been updated with the graphics changes,
current priority list:
-Sleep of death
-wifi
-camera

Last edited:

bdubs4200

Oct 18, 2010
Try working or speaking with the masters behind flexrom.... looks/sounds like they got the SoD ironed out pretty well.... although few still report it.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

apapousek

Jul 18, 2011
Try working or speaking with the masters behind flexrom.... looks/sounds like they got the SoD ironed out pretty well.... although few still report it.

It may work, but it would be better to fix it in the source rather than applying a binary patch.
Flexrom ( a good rom, overall ) = modification of a leak
This ( a work in progress ) = built from source

Zatta

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
Hey, don't think nobody is interested in your project! I'll keep an eye on it, being an early adapter since cm7 started for the Samsung Galaxy S. I hope to see this grow like a banana!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

news
    Code:
    4/13/12
    CM9 is out. see last post for details. thread closing, thanks everyone!

3/31/12
    -wow its been a while since i updated this.. progress is good. 

3/17/12
    -i know this thread is quite a the moment... something big is comming

3/10/12
    going back to school soon, then i can start cracking down on this again. its been hard with seeing family and such.
    current priority list:
    -Sleep of death
    -wifi
    -camera

3/7/12
    -green overlay + 3d acceleration fixed. preparing updates and pushing them soon. 

3/5/12
    -sorry for lack of updates, working on the green screen issue and will hopefully have it fixed soon, that and i am on spring break, expect more next week. ill do my best this week. 

3/1/12
    -updated broken/working
    -updated the repo
    -uploaded early build

2/29/12
    -pulled early build, kernel problem. compiling new one now. 

2/28/12: 
    - posted early build. 
    - i have finals right now so ill do my best to keep working

INTRO
    Hey everyone. I have been at it for *insert days since 2/24/12* days strait and I finally got a working Device tree up and running. This is not meant for use yet. Very buggy and needs lots of work. But its a start. This is my own device + vendor tree. I started from scratch. (see Thanks for some details.)

INFO
    This is a work in progress. dont ask for ETAs.
    THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT THREAD! DONT SPAM THIS TREAD. I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOMETHING DONE HERE. KEEP YOUR BICKERING TO THE GENERAL SECTION. I WILL NOT TOLERATE UNNECESSARY COMMENTS

CONTRIBUTE!
    Remember this is an open project. post here or pm me if you have any contributions to the project. im sure we all would like cm9 running on our devices with a tree + kernel available to everyone! lets make this a team effort. lets put everything else behind us and get a good, stable, source-built rom for our tablet :)

WORKING
    boots
    3D acceleration
    2D acceleration
    touchscreen
    usb input
    task switcher
    no green overlay :)

Known issues/Broken
    WIFI
    Bluetooth
    audio (i think i found a fix. havent implemented yet)
    sensors
    camera - we have drivers its just a mater of implementing them

THANKS!
    seraphimserapis - some base config stuff (not many of you may know him but he was a huge part in the early days of the iconia)
    blazingwolf - reading lots of your posts. helped with base vendor config. kernel
    RaYmAn - touchscreen fix in kernel
    cyanogenmod - source lulz
    if im missing someone tell me. I dont want to leave anyone out on this.

PICS
    IMG_20120228_162241.jpg

IMG_20120228_162103.jpg
    IMG_20120228_162134.jpg
    Development stuff

INFO
    So I figure this will be much easier once acer releases the kernel source for ICS. but for now im working off of the HC source. we can do our best.

In the device tree local-extract-files.sh and extract-files.sh are both incomplete. its easy to finish i just use my own vendor folder and change it as i go. ill fix them later.

most of my updates are posted in the news box at the top of the page. its easier to update and more noticeable.

SOURCE
    Kernel: https://github.com/gh123man/Picasso-ICS-kernel-2.6.36.3
    device tree: https://github.com/gh123man/device_acer_picasso
    vendor tree: https://github.com/gh123man/vendor_acer_picasso
    Hey, don't think nobody is interested in your project! I'll keep an eye on it, being an early adapter since cm7 started for the Samsung Galaxy S. I hope to see this grow like a banana!

ah thanks :) good to see someone cares. lots of stuff going on behind the scenes at the moment. good things to come soon :)

It may work, but it would be better to fix it in the source rather than applying a binary patch.
    Flexrom ( a good rom, overall ) = modification of a leak
    This ( a work in progress ) = built from source
    If not, we'll have to wait for the sources by acer when they drop official ics? Or will you face the same problems?

Taptalked u see

in the worst case, we will need to wait for official sources to drop. once/if they are released, there should not be any of these issues. it is simply because our .36 kernel is outdated and needs patching. I on my own am not very good with the kernel. kernel development is still new to me and is very confusing. as i am making progress i have not been able to solve this issue.

EDIT: small update on the kernel. after tracing the error in the dmsg back through the source, it looks like we need to backport nvhost and the frambuffer driver. the display driver never receives a signal to wake up after sleep. so its stuck in a loop returning the error. although... we may have another (different) solution.. thats all im going to say for now.