[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [d2vzw]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zackb911

Mar 5, 2008
I'm also have Bluetooth audio quality issues when streaming music in my car. Anyone know of a work around? I drive a lot and stream Pandora all day, this issue is a dealbreaker on this ROM if there's no fix... :rolleyes:

Reactions: sylund

soapinmouth

Jun 17, 2010
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.π JB 4.2.2 [d2vzw] » Feb 20

Does anyone know if there is a fix for custom hardware controls and pie controls? Right now anything you customize for hardware keys changes the pie controls which makes the desire near useless to me.

tprophit

Dec 20, 2010
SO, 1pi has pi, HDR camera, Xplode, was there anything else? I don't have a raging urge for any of those features, and the 1.1 feb 15 is working so well, I hate the change it, unless there are other updates/upgrade. Was there ever a changelog?
Thank you.

tbodner

Nov 30, 2012
SO, 1pi has pi, HDR camera, Xplode, was there anything else? I don't have a raging urge for any of those features, and the 1.1 feb 15 is working so well, I hate the change it, unless there are other updates/upgrade. Was there ever a changelog?
Thank you.

there are some nice added customizations, mostly small tweaks but i'd say it's worth it...

tprophit

Dec 20, 2010
there are some nice added customizations, mostly small tweaks but i'd say it's worth it...

Thanks.
Probably going to wait for the next one, or, until I see a changelog.
I set my screens up to have a folder containing whatever icons, widgets, and the folder icon itself is very small. I'm playing around with making the folder icon either completely transparent, or, a portion of the screen, and place it so it blends in....of course, I will know where the folder is, as it will be invisible. So, I don't see a need for PI. The Xplode thing, I understand, is for dpi changes, something else I don't change. and the HDR camera, while interesting, is again something that's a nice to have, not a need to have.

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
Until the music player bug is fixed I'm going to have to switch back to eclipse. I'll be keeping an eye on this though because everything else is running perfect for me.

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area

I really love the new carbon team. You guys really came through on top after the drama.
Aside from the bugs I posted before, this build is running great.
First time using pie, and I would actually prefer a functional nav bar over the pie navigation. Hopefully that can get fixed as the nav bar / targets are not working as the should because of the pie interface.
I'm really enjoying the xposed framework being prepared for us. Do you guys recommend any other fun modules other than the per app dpi apk pre installed? I'm a bit unclear on some of the other module threads I've come across as to their function. Seams like this framework can turn us users into faux developers!
Do you guys still need log cats for the ringer issue or did you get enough?
Also, any plans on the nexus 7 getting current with the builds?

toxicthunder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi

I really love the new carbon team. You guys really came through on top after the drama.
Aside from the bugs I posted before, this build is running great.
First time using pie, and I would actually prefer a functional nav bar over the pie navigation. Hopefully that can get fixed as the nav bar / targets are not working as the should because of the pie interface.
I'm really enjoying the xposed framework being prepared for us. Do you guys recommend any other fun modules other than the per app dpi apk pre installed? I'm a bit unclear on some of the other module threads I've come across as to their function. Seams like this framework can turn us users into faux developers!
Do you guys still need log cats for the ringer issue or did you get enough?
Also, any plans on the nexus 7 getting current with the builds?

Thanks for the appreciation. Let me tell you we do work hard :)

PIE was just an initial bring up. Next release is going to be much more refined and bug-free.

We are aware of all issues that our users have reported and are doing our best to fix them up for good :) SL

Stay tuned for more awesomeness \m/

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

dougmod

Jan 18, 2009
I'm also have Bluetooth audio quality issues when streaming music in my car. Anyone know of a work around? I drive a lot and stream Pandora all day, this issue is a dealbreaker on this ROM if there's no fix... :rolleyes:

Do you have the same problem I have? Static on the highs? And does eclipse have perfect bluetooth?

countrygirl23

Sep 16, 2011
St. Marys Ohio

Why is there a gap above my clock. It is annoying to have a gap on the top. Is there away to fix this?

Sent from Country Girl's SIII using Xparent Ice Cool Blue Tapatalk!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361704072481.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361704072481.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 500

Stevez48

Sep 10, 2010
CT
Weird... MMS messages sent to me are coming through my gmail... Weird.. Anyone else ? Possibly user error on the senders side. Lol

sdube3

Sep 26, 2011
Methuen

This ROM is great so far. Just wanted to mention a bug I found recently. I enable custom hardware keys under system settings > navigation > hardware keys. I usually set voice search to run on long press of home key. Initially it works fine, but after a while, the home just goes to voice search after simply quick pressing. It does it with the settings key too. I am using Nova launcher and have disable/enabled those setting in there to see what happens to no avail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area

Small bug: when using the lockscreen targets, if I try to change my camera zoom app icon to the system camera icon, I get "unfortunately settings had stopped" and it will not allow me to change the icon.

buffal0b1ll

Sep 5, 2012
Baltimore
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL

This ROM is great so far. Just wanted to mention a bug I found recently. I enable custom hardware keys under system settings > navigation > hardware keys. I usually set voice search to run on long press of home key. Initially it works fine, but after a while, the home just goes to voice search after simply quick pressing. It does it with the settings key too. I am using Nova launcher and have disable/enabled those setting in there to see what happens to no avail.

I have the home key thinks I'm long pressing it when I'm not issue from time to time too. Only way to fix is reboot. I didn't report because I can't replicate and from what I've heard this apparently happens in lots of roms.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Don't know if its a known issue or not but I've been getting like 2-4 random reboots a day since clean flashing the latest update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I get one or two random reboots a day. Last one happened when I clicked the shortcut to Tapatalk HD that I have custom xposed settings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk HD

rossida

Dec 25, 2012
By far the best ROM I have ever used!! Amazing battery life and so have yet to run into any bugs on my end since the 1.π came out. Also running KT kernel over clocked and battery is still amazing an ui is super smooth. Keep up the amazing work!!! I have 40% battery left and it's been running for just about 18 hours!!!

JWorth

Jul 19, 2010
NJ
I'm getting the same thing using Play Music. Every time I hit "Play" on my widget, it's super loud. One click of the volume button (in either direction) sets it back to selected level. Also happens with headphones plugged in. It's happening when I receive an audio notification as well. I'll have my headphones plugged in, receive a text, and my music jumps to maximum volume. It kinda hurts. :(

Otherwise, I'm definitely loving the ROM. Nice to have 4.2 with working Bluetooth!

this is happening to me too! almost blows my ear drums out haha scares the hell out of me too.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

By far the best ROM I have ever used!! Amazing battery life and so have yet to run into any bugs on my end since the 1.π came out. Also running KT kernel over clocked and battery is still amazing an ui is super smooth. Keep up the amazing work!!! I have 40% battery left and it's been running for just about 18 hours!!!

really? i love the rom and its super smooth, but my battery gets killed. i think it's mainly because i use my phone texting/calling all day for work, but it rarely lasts the work day without some bump charges - i think i'm gonna do a full clean install on the next update

rossida

Dec 25, 2012
this is happening to me too! almost blows my ear drums out haha scares the hell out of me too.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

really? i love the rom and its super smooth, but my battery gets killed. i think it's mainly because i use my phone texting/calling all day for work, but it rarely lasts the work day without some bump charges - i think i'm gonna do a full clean install on the next update

I text pretty much all day and for 2 hours I go to the gym and listen to Pandora. Also use bluetooth in my car. So the phone is used moderately. Also if u haven't do a battery calibration. Its on the play store and run it every time u flash a new ROM. It really helps with accuracy of battery life

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey

Try out DS Battery Saver on play store. Forces your device into deep sleep mode to save battery. I've been testing it out and seems great so far. I bought the pro version because it has a bit more options that I needed so it doesn't interfere with my kernel setup. All in all its a pretty solid battery saver if setup correctly.

luis86dr_zps317d706e.png

Team Kernelizers; Kernel tweaking at its finest.

Deltadood24

Dec 1, 2011

Try out DS Battery Saver on play store. Forces your device into deep sleep mode to save battery. I've been testing it out and seems great so far. I bought the pro version because it has a bit more options that I needed so it doesn't interfere with my kernel setup. All in all its a pretty solid battery saver if setup correctly.

luis86dr_zps317d706e.png

I second that! My battery lasts foreverrrrrr with DS battery saver worth every bit of the $2.70

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tbodner

Nov 30, 2012

luis86dr_zps317d706e.png

So, curious, I installed the DS Battery saver and not sure on some of the settings. Only dled the free version so far, but my battery has dropped 4% in the last 30 minutes and i haven't been using my phone. Any suggestions on settings? I have it on balanced, looked through some of the settings in the menu too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Hey everybody! So we decided to make an actual CarbonDev account and post useful information about the rom through this account instead of our personal accounts, you know, so we seem professional and whatnot.We are also in the process of changing the OP's to this account so they don't say 1.6 anymore lol. We have contacted xda and are waiting for that to get done, all in good time. We hope this change will make everything a bit easier for you, our precious users, but also for us in a logistical sense. We try to do everything possible to make Carbon user friendly and to meet the needs of the majority and hopefully this will help us maintain that goal. Anyways, back to work! Peace.
    Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] » Feb 6

Kejars talking about an update that's the fastest he's seen aosp. Granted it's on the note 2 but hopefully it will carry over

It will..great things are coming. Just be patient guys next release will be worth the wait! :D

Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] » Feb 6

Sup people :)

Thank you for your appreciation of our hard work. :) There are loads of more goodies coming your way, both ROM related as well as \m/ related ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    i hope so and i hope carbon implements it into their rom asap! it would be great. been with carbon since day one and never left! love it!
    We hope to have it implemented quickly as well once it drops. Leave our wives and children to fend for themselves and go 100% on the rom lol