[Q] How to modify lenovo-res.apk?

Search This thread

Tedruart

Jan 22, 2014
Hi, I'm trying translate lenovo-res.apk for my lenovo a850 but I still can't do it. I always get only bootloop. I try apktool, kitchen, jBart... I'm trying it many days. Can anyone help me? Thanks :)

N

NOOK!E

I can help. Try the following steps:

1. Make a full backup of your device!
2. Get the lenovo-res.apk file onto your PC. Copy it to a safe place as a backup.
3. Download an archive manager (WinRAR, 7zip), and open it.
4. While in the archiver, navigate to the directory where the lenovo-res.apk file is located (not the backup one!).
5. Extract lenovo-res.apk to an empty folder of your choice (name suggestion - "lenovo-res modding").
6. Go back to your regular file explorer and open the folder you just extracted the files to. Open and modify what you like.
7. Now, open up your archiver program again, and navigate to the directory inside the lenovo-res.apk file where the files you modified belong (for example, lenovo-res.apk\res\drawable-mdpi).
8. Back in your regular file explorer, select and drag the modified files from the file explorer window into the archiver window. Drop the files in the archiver window.
9. Hit "Yes" or "OK" if asked if you're sure.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 as many times as necessary.
11. When done, close the archiver window to finalize the changes.
12, Now, you can ADB push the modded lenovo-res.apk file to your device, but don't replace the one on your system with the push! You will get a bootloop!
13. Instead, push it to your external sdcard (for example, /mnt/sdcard).
14. On your device, open up your file explorer app (I use ES File Explorer), and navigate to where you pushed the lenovo-res.apk. Copy it, and paste it directly into the directory where the system file is (for example, /system/framework).
15. If the paste succeeds, you did it. Your device will hot reboot itself after the replacement, and will then boot up using the new lenovo-res.apk.
16. Done!

If the above steps are helpful, please, please click the Thanks button below!

:good:

rbt07

Aug 28, 2012
Bratislava
androidforum.cz
Thanks, but this will not help me. Because I need give to lenovo-res.apk new slovak and czech translates (folders values-sk and values-cs). If I unzip the apk file, as you wrote, there is no all subdirectories in "res" directory, where language files are.
All Subdirectories in "res" directory are creates only when you use JBart or Apktool:
color\
drawable\
drawable-hdpi\
layout\
values\
values-in\
values-ms\
values-ru\
values-vi\
values-zh-rCN\

If you will use 7ZIP, there are only:
color\
drawable\
drawable-hdpi\
layout\

I need to add values-sk and values-cs subdirectories. Normaly I use jBart or Apktool, make lenovo-res.apk file, no errors. Then install ROM file, but phone will stop on bootloop. On all other apk files procedure with jBart/Apktool works well, except lenovo-res.apk not.

I do not know how to compile this one apk. Please help me. Thanks.

Last edited:

dmilz

Mar 9, 2015
Lusaka
I know this is a little bit off topic..Kindly help.. am trying to locate the systemUI apk on my lenovo k80m.. cant seem to find it in priv- app or app folders.