So how's the Gear 2 wake up behavior?

Search This thread

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
One of the most annoying things of the Gear 1 is the motion to wake up the watch. Is it improved? I watched a bunch of hands on but they all tell the same story. No word about the fact that the display can't be lit all the time and that you have to do some abracadabra to wake the device. Most curious about any improvements in this department.

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
One of the most annoying things of the Gear 1 is the motion to wake up the watch. Is it improved? I watched a bunch of hands on but they all tell the same story. No word about the fact that the display can't be lit all the time and that you have to do some abracadabra to wake the device. Most curious about any improvements in this department.

well you can't have screen all the time due to technology used. AMOLED. if it would be LCD then you could have screen on all the time, but without background light (like in sony smartwatch 2). i already got used to blank screen, and i just turn the screen on/off with a single button.

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
well you can't have screen all the time due to technology used. AMOLED. if it would be LCD then you could have screen on all the time, but without background light (like in sony smartwatch 2). i already got used to blank screen, and i just turn the screen on/off with a single button.

I know. I'm wondering if they made the watch more sensitive for motions, introduced a new or better wake up motion etc . Definitely want to know more about that.

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
if samsung did not mention it, then probably it's the same.

That would be a detail for people coming from the Gear1.
If the battery life is better they might have add a more sensitive option.
Btw personally I dont mind to charge the watch every night. Just some routine. I like it even better than checking the battery to see if it needs to be charged again. So if they made the wake up motion more sensitive and could still pump one day out of the battery, it would definitely be a reason for me to upgrade. Otherwise I see no compelling reasons.

alprazolam

Apr 19, 2009
I understand what OP is saying. I'm interested to know that answer as well. I actually had to turn motion off because the watch constantly stayed on while driving all day. It would kill my battery. With it off and me pressing the on button as needed, I get at least 3 days of battery life. A better motion sensor could possibly solve this issue.

Sepharite

Oct 12, 2011
I understand what OP is saying. I'm interested to know that answer as well. I actually had to turn motion off because the watch constantly stayed on while driving all day. It would kill my battery. With it off and me pressing the on button as needed, I get at least 3 days of battery life. A better motion sensor could possibly solve this issue.

I noticed having non-TW launcher caused issues with the motion sensor. Using stock had better motion sensor.

everlast716

Mar 24, 2011
I read a hand on today where the reviewer said it does turn on with the flick up of the wrist but that it doesn't turn on right away, like a couple of seconds delay. That isn't good. I want it to be quick like the pebble when you shake the wrist slightly the light comes on. Hopefully they tweak that before it is released....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

audri5

Nov 26, 2007
I read a hand on today where the reviewer said it does turn on with the flick up of the wrist but that it doesn't turn on right away, like a couple of seconds delay. That isn't good. I want it to be quick like the pebble when you shake the wrist slightly the light comes on. Hopefully they tweak that before it is released....

That's what I want. I move my arm to that wrist up position to much so the watch is almost always on. I wish it had the option to shake the wrist instead so I have better control.

hawksking

May 9, 2011
Personally the only good thing about this watch is the motion thing. It works like a good 90-95% of the time. Wake up is excellent on it. However, it goes crazy when your driving.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.