[Q] Flipfonts?

Search This thread

MeX_DK

Jan 10, 2011
Fredericia
I had a lot of flipfonts that worked on my old SGS 3 LTE. But now that I have upgraded to the S5 most if not all of them has stopped working. Has others experienced this and possibly have a workaround or fix?

larsism

Feb 13, 2008
I had a lot of flipfonts that worked on my old SGS 3 LTE. But now that I have upgraded to the S5 most if not all of them has stopped working. Has others experienced this and possibly have a workaround or fix?

Download iFont from Google Play. Let's you use almost any fonts (like from Google, not just flipfonts). :eek:

Reactions: Brava27

MeX_DK

Jan 10, 2011
Fredericia
Download iFont from Google Play. Let's you use almost any fonts (like from Google, not just flipfonts). :eek:

Already tried that, and it didn't work. It still only replaced the font I was already using and didn't install it like an actual font I can chose from, which is what I want.

Last edited:

MeX_DK

Jan 10, 2011
Fredericia
It does for me...? It installs fonts to my list of fonts in settings.

It doesn't for me. When I download a font I merely have the option to set it, which means it replaces the present font I have selected under font style. The second I change away from that, and back to it, the font I have set is lost and the "original" font is back. I can't install them since I don't seem to be able to determine where the files are saved so that I can move them to custom and try to install them that way around.

But do you know that by chance?

jdock

Dec 27, 2011
And you both have S5's?. My only option is to set it, which replaces the font I am already using. I cant install it and thus make it appear in the "font" app on the phone :(. And not even if I try to add the files via custom.

Are you using the free app or paid one?

I just tied iFont for the first time today with my S5.

In the free version, you can't create apks for custom fonts (which is the method that puts them in the font menu). I think I tried hitting 'set' on the custom menu and it gave me the donate nag screen as well.

It seems that the default method if you're rooted is to replace the system font. What I did though is deny root access using supersu, and then installing a font downloaded through the app used the apk/font menu method - that worked fine.

But, I ultimately wanted to install my own truetype fonts. Prior to iFont, I had tried a couple methods for packaging them into apks. I could install the apks, and see the fonts in the menu with previews, but if I selected them, they said they were unsupported. Used iFont (donate version) to make the apks from the same font files, and they worked!

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Pay for ifont. It will create executable apk to install any font you desire.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.