Official KitKat is here!

Search This thread
So nobody's posted a link for the zip file yet? My phone still hasn't received the update, but it has come to people I know who also have a note 2 by at&t. Anything suggestions as to what I could do about that? I have absolutely no desire to root.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
AT&T has not provided full stock firmwares for Odin flashing or even via Kies recovery since UCAMA4 (an earlier 4.1.2 release).

I can provide a pure stock Odin update minus the bootloaders (which you can flash separately). So, two Odin flashes and you'll have what you want - pure stock, no root. I need to create and pull the recovery to complete this package. Might be a day or two. Keep an eye on my UCUCNE5 thread.

toledodj

Mar 4, 2011
Ah thanks, but I was actually able to find the file in the development section ☺. Now I'm fully updated. Thanks anyway though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://androidcritics.com/update-sa...al-android-4-3-kit-kat-n7100xxufnd3-firmware/

I believe that would work. I'll get home too late to try it, but I will tomorrow. Someone might give it a go and let us know. :good:
    That link is for the N7100 .. probably will bork your phone - wrong modem, wrong base board, etc...

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Do we have the Kitkat update available to flash in ODIN yet?

Progress update on my efforts on a set of safe to flash stock NE5 packages for the i317:

1 - OTA files processed and full system partition created
    2 - tested various Odin and CWM/TWRP packages
    3 - spent most of Sunday trying to make friends with SELinux on 4.4.2
    4 - early Monday morning realized the error of my ways (at least in the short term)

Android+Samsung+AT&T have implemented a strict SELinux policy in NE5, making a portable rooted package a bit of a challenge. I've been able to get around that by creating a package with an unsecured kernel and removing the Knox apps, but that violates the intent of the packages I have been creating - that being mostly stock to the point that you could unroot and run a future OTA if you wanted to.

So with that, I will be posting a couple unrooted packages later today - one Odin and one CWM/TWRP. They will prevent the auto flash of stock recovery - and that's it. Anything else wakes up the angry NSA SELinux demons (for now anyway). With these packages it's a simple matter to load a custom recovery first, flash NE5, then (from recovery) flash SuperSU...

Stay tuned ... and keep an eye on the dev section later today.
    AT&T new 4.4.2 modem zipped up. https://mega.co.nz/#!ZdZTzCQK!K9UNX45DN1URvkL4uJnKYTXeT5vDMr6aEfqSdAEgKEY

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile apphttps://mega.co.nz
    Seriously, what are you waiting for?
    Zen arcade

Enviado desde mi SGH-I317 mediante Tapatalk

Zzzz..... Hmm... What?!?

:sly:

From terminal emulator:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/modem.bin

Result can be substituted into similar cwm zip for flashing in recovery.

I've frozen all of the AT&T apps and most of the Samsung apps, plus a few of the other apps I don't use - email, youtube, a few of the Google apps, the printer services apps, the Knox apps, etc. I don't remove them because I want the option to fake out a future OTA update.

With them shut down, I've found the phone to be responsive and free from lag. I also keep my own added apps to a minimum - that can introduce lag too - ymmv.

So, I guess I'm agreeing with you up to a point Greg. Unaltered there's a bunch of bloat in there. But it's easy enough to wrangle ;)

Yea i have turned off alot of the crap apps but other then that it runs smooth