[SCRIPT] [INIT.D] Permissive SELinux on Stock Kernels [08/21/2014]

Search This thread
G

GuestK00143

1. Make sure you have busybox installed.
2. Try to uninstall any policy updates you might have taken.
3. Try to rollback to older kernels.

Still a no go. We tried this all the way back to out NCG kernel with no success. I believe this is set in the locked portion of our device that we can not access without a bootloader unlock. We were able to set it to permissive by manualy running a script but it would go back to enforcing as soon as the terminal was closed. Any more ideas are more than welcome.

razzrmaxx

Feb 12, 2013
Still a no go. We tried this all the way back to out NCG kernel with no success. I believe this is set in the locked portion of our device that we can not access without a bootloader unlock. We were able to set it to permissive by manualy running a script but it would go back to enforcing as soon as the terminal was closed. Any more ideas are more than welcome.

I have the developer edition with unlocked bootloader and it's not working on my end either, like you said... it is on NCG tho

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce

try here: http://android.stackexchange.com/qu...process-no-matter-what-activity-in-foreground

or here: http://superuser.com/questions/448445/run-bash-script-in-background-and-exit-terminal

Hopefully i was able to contribute lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

this is assuming all you need to do is find a way to keep the script running after exiting terminal..

G

GuestK00143

this is assuming all you need to do is find a way to keep the script running after exiting terminal..

Easier said than done, first we have to figure out what is preventing it from taking hold.

Last edited:

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Easier said than done, first we have to figure out what is preventing it from taking hold.

if u can get it to run and then make it to where it runs continuously even while term emu is closed then wouldnt that prevent the need to find out why it wont stick? kinda like a script/process to keep it in the background when emu is not open?

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Is this still a No Go? I had given up after it sucked up about a week of my evenings after work. Still willing to donate to anyone who can acheve this! Love the phone, but it's gonna be a deal breaker.
No fun having a great headunit going to waste because I can't get bluetooth touch emulation to work.

Thanks to everyone who has been trying on this. Just wanted to follow up since it has been a bit.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Is this still a No Go? I had given up after it sucked up about a week of my evenings after work. Still willing to donate to anyone who can acheve this! Love the phone, but it's gonna be a deal breaker.
No fun having a great headunit going to waste because I can't get bluetooth touch emulation to work.

Thanks to everyone who has been trying on this. Just wanted to follow up since it has been a bit.

pretty sure its dead.. his last post was over a month ago on here lol

WileyDigital

Jan 6, 2011
Atlanta
Bump.....

I still want to get mine VZW S5 to permissive. Ill even take a kernel upgrade, anything if it will allows me to do this. If anyone has info or links that will help me, please post up.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Bump.....

I still want to get mine VZW S5 to permissive. Ill even take a kernel upgrade, anything if it will allows me to do this. If anyone has info or links that will help me, please post up.
lol.

if it was possible it wouldve been posted

Reactions: ldeveraux

jmetcalfe84

Dec 2, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Just wanted to let anyone know that was checking this page periodically hoping they would find a fix for this to get the verizon SG5 to work with your pioneer appradio again that you can use the appradio unchained reloaded app and it will work. I finally got mine working again after using it. Wish I would have known about it sooner.

Reactions: helliciousryan

hsbadr

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 18, 2014
Permissive SELinux via MultiSystem

Check this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60215929&postcount=9891

d8E3UmOl.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "As part of the Android security model, Android uses Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) to enforce Mandatory Access Control (MAC) over all processes, even processes running with root/superuser privileges (a.k.a. Linux capabilities). SELinux can operate in one of two global modes: permissive mode, in which permission denials are logged but not enforced, and enforcing mode, in which permission denials are both logged and enforced." Read more here...

Requirements:
    - Rooted Device
    - Root/FS/ES Explorer
    - busybox & init.d support

How to:
    - Add the 01selinux script to /system/etc/init.d
    - Set file permissions to 0755 (rwx r-x r-x)
    - Power off, wait for a few seconds & power on
    If you'd like to add this script to your ROM, just copy 01selinux script to /system/etc/init.d !

Downloads:
    [08/21/2014] Permissive SELinux v1.0: 01selinux

- Fully working on NC4 Kernel - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N900V)
    - Not working on NCG/NE9 Kernel - Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900V)

Thanks to @Misterxtc for making all S5 testing.

If you've any question, you may contact him.

9xqFkpjl.png
    Hi I've been following this thread with interest. Just a noob question: Is it possible that SE Linux IS being set permissive with these scripts, only the indicator is (perhaps deliberately) showing "enforcing"? Are you testing it for" enforcing" behavior?

I understand what you mean; this isn't a noob qusetion at all. We're able with a new script/command (not in OP) to set "permissive" SELinux for SU user, which isn't applied for the other users. It seems that the policy may be enforced per user (confined users?!). Moreover, the script is overwritten on reboot.

I believe I can find a workaround like I did with N3 NC4 kernel, but I don't have an S5 device for debugging. @Misterxtc is doing a great job in testing, but remote testing is time consuming & I've many other things to do.
    Progress [09/04/2014]

We had some progress today by setting Permissive SELinux for root, but it doesn't stick for user & on reboot.

We'll continue testing later.
    not worth it, forget it. welcome to the ignorelist, brian...
    the first set of commands returned enforcing and the same with the second set after the reboot.

It seems the output of setenforce is ignored by system for some reason. I'll do some more research...