[App] Advanced App Locker free

Search This thread

leducbao

Feb 15, 2010
Paris
Ultimate App Guard protects installed applications and games from unauthorized access. Ultimate App Guard supports locking per applications basic with 8 different alternative locking methods: PIN, password, black screen, text screen, image screen, fake force close, and dial a number. One can pick a method as the default one, which can be used for most applications. She then can select other method for individual apps. The unlocking options are also very flexible: open one app can authorize for other apps too, validity period defines when the unlocking will become invalid.

Behind the traditional methods (i.e. PIN, password), black screen make the unauthorized users being surprised and dialing a number to open a secret application is also funny.

Setup Lock method
Ultimate App Guard supports four alternative methods to lock an application from un-authorized access:

Ultimate App Guard protects installed applications and games from unauthorized access. AAL differentiates from other apps by allowing one to select one among 8 alternative locking methods: force close dialog, black screen, text screen, image screen, PIN, password, pattern, and dial a number:

Other features:
☆ Select a default method, customize for each application.
☆ Flexible unlock by defining a validity period and unlocking option.
☆ Customize text screen and image screen with your own text/image (PRO)

• Force close: Fake "force close" dialog when attempts to open the app, touch on the top, right corner N times to open.
  • Black screen: It is shown a black screen, as the phone is bricked, when attempts to open the app, touch on the top, right corner N times to open.
  • Text screen: It is shown a text screen with "VIRUS WARNING, Application #app_name# is infected by a virus", when attempts to open the app, touch on the top, right corner N times to open. You can customize this text
  • Image screen: It is shown an image screen with "STOP signal" or what ever when attempts to open the app, touch on the top, right corner N times to open. You can customize this text
  • PIN: type a PIN number to open the app. This is the default method.
  • Password: Type a password to open the app.
  • Pattern: Draw a pattern to unlock
  • Dial a number: Dial a number (ex. dial 123) to show locked apps. Click on an app to open it. It shows a black screen when attempts to open it. (PRO version only)

Unlock validity
Unlocking dialog is very annoying. You can select default behavior to make it more comfortable

• Validity period: The unlock remain valid during the validity period, such as until screen off, app closed, or 5 minutes later.
  • Unlock one, remember for all: Once you unlock an app, it unlocks other app in the ‘validity period’

Locking apps
When AAL is opened, an application list will be shown.

• Check/uncheck to lock an application with default method.
  • Touch on the application name to select an alternative method
You can disable or lock all applications by turn it on/off from setting screen. You change default settings from application’s setting screen.

Download
Google Market: Free (with Ad),
Video demo: Youtube

Troubleshooting
  • Why I can not see an application? You can use ‘Rescan apps’ from main screen option menu to re-scan the application list
  • What can I do if my entered PIN/password is lost? We will support password recovery feature in the next releases. Don’t worry.
  • The black screen is very ugly, I want a cooler one: We intent to build alternative screens (such as ‘ZOMBIE WARNING’), if you have a cool idea, please email us (support@anttek.com) then we try to support that.

Please send bug/enhancement request to support@anttek.com

UPDATES
- Add custom text screen (ex. a black background with green text telling that the app is virus infected...)
- Add custom image screen (ex. zombie warning...)
- Add fake force close method

Attachments

• 2_lock_method.png
    2_lock_method.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 476
  • 3_pin.png
    3_pin.png
    18 KB · Views: 355
  • 4_password.png
    4_password.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 5_dial.png
    5_dial.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 309
  • 7_filter.png
    7_filter.png
    34 KB · Views: 275
  • 8_text.png
    8_text.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 9_image.png
    9_image.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 10-pattern.png
    10-pattern.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

MadJoe

Jul 18, 2007
Boston
Interesting app, I have been using App Locker and ZDBox to double lock certain apps, but it was getting tiresome entering 2 pins every time. I like the multiple options for unlocking, and I really like the validity period. My only concern is that AAL slipped in under my permissions-blocking app's radar, and subsequently, I have no idea what its doing in the background... such as mining and transmitting my personal info?

Sent from my rough sketch of a Vibrant on a brick.

Reactions: leducbao

leducbao

Feb 15, 2010
Paris
Interesting app, I have been using App Locker and ZDBox to double lock certain apps, but it was getting tiresome entering 2 pins every time. I like the multiple options for unlocking, and I really like the validity period. My only concern is that AAL slipped in under my permissions-blocking app's radar, and subsequently, I have no idea what its doing in the background... such as mining and transmitting my personal info?

Hi,

Thanks for your review. The current version blocks only foreground activities, i.e when an app appears to users and request user interaction. It does not intercept any background services/data transfer.... Further, we don't request Internet permissions, so that we can send out your personal data, of cause.

blacque

Feb 12, 2009
durban,south africa
love the app but...

i have given the app a try. im on a desire laced with cyanogen 7. what i find annoying in the app is that whenever i unlock a locked application, advanced app locker opens not the app i am trying to access (e.g CONTACTS) but the app locker itself.

any work around for this?

leducbao

Feb 15, 2010
Paris
i have given the app a try. im on a desire laced with cyanogen 7. what i find annoying in the app is that whenever i unlock a locked application, advanced app locker opens not the app i am trying to access (e.g CONTACTS) but the app locker itself.

I see the bug,

If you open it, change something and press HOME button (that the app goes in background, not "finish"), then when you unlock an app, this app will appear.

I will try to fix this soon.

Thanks for your report

guijarrelson

Dec 11, 2010
Spain
I installed it, but I can't do to lock the apps. I selected the Handset and Messagin for test it, and when I opened there, lock pin didn't appear. :S

leducbao

Feb 15, 2010
Paris

The latest version fixed this bug.

leducbao

Feb 15, 2010
Paris
Thanks, this works perfectly! I apply the lock with the black screen and then hide the app from the app drawer with launcher pro and nobody will ever know :)

I intent to extend the "black screen" option, such as show an "ZOMBIE WARING" message or a very simple game as Tic tic toe instead of "black screen". Do you have any suggestion?

brianhuangbh

Jul 1, 2009
Sacramento
I intent to extend the "black screen" option, such as show an "ZOMBIE WARING" message or a very simple game as Tic tic toe instead of "black screen". Do you have any suggestion?

Hmm. Those are great ideas. I like using black screen because it would just make people think that the app crashed, or doesn't work.
Many people would be suspicious if they tried to snoop my gallery and are greeted with a game of tic tac toe :p
Great idea though! Maybe I'll try it if you implement it.

dominicanman912

Jan 7, 2009
Savannah, Georgia
this looks good.. im gonna try in on my mytouch4g..... been using app protector pro for the longest just because i like the pattern unlock function but i guess i can get used to not having it!

athornz

Feb 27, 2010
Auckland
www.josh-burton.com
Would it be possible to have a widget or shortcut I can have on my homescreen that toggles app lock on and off (with pin) ?

I only want apps locked when I give the phone to someone I don't know to play with, so having a quick way to toggle it would be great

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ultimate App Guard protects installed applications and games from unauthorized access. Ultimate App Guard supports locking per applications basic with 8 different alternative locking methods: PIN, password, black screen, text screen, image screen, fake force close, and dial a number. One can pick a method as the default one, which can be used for most applications. She then can select other method for individual apps. The unlocking options are also very flexible: open one app can authorize for other apps too, validity period defines when the unlocking will become invalid.

Behind the traditional methods (i.e. PIN, password), black screen make the unauthorized users being surprised and dialing a number to open a secret application is also funny.

Setup Lock method
    Ultimate App Guard supports four alternative methods to lock an application from un-authorized access:

Ultimate App Guard protects installed applications and games from unauthorized access. AAL differentiates from other apps by allowing one to select one among 8 alternative locking methods: force close dialog, black screen, text screen, image screen, PIN, password, pattern, and dial a number:

Other features:
    ☆ Select a default method, customize for each application.
    ☆ Flexible unlock by defining a validity period and unlocking option.
    ☆ Customize text screen and image screen with your own text/image (PRO)

• Force close: Fake "force close" dialog when attempts to open the app, touch on the top, right corner N times to open.
    • Black screen: It is shown a black screen, as the phone is bricked, when attempts to open the app, touch on the top, right corner N times to open.
    • Text screen: It is shown a text screen with "VIRUS WARNING, Application #app_name# is infected by a virus", when attempts to open the app, touch on the top, right corner N times to open. You can customize this text
    • Image screen: It is shown an image screen with "STOP signal" or what ever when attempts to open the app, touch on the top, right corner N times to open. You can customize this text
    • PIN: type a PIN number to open the app. This is the default method.
    • Password: Type a password to open the app.
    • Pattern: Draw a pattern to unlock
    • Dial a number: Dial a number (ex. dial 123) to show locked apps. Click on an app to open it. It shows a black screen when attempts to open it. (PRO version only)

Unlock validity
    Unlocking dialog is very annoying. You can select default behavior to make it more comfortable

• Validity period: The unlock remain valid during the validity period, such as until screen off, app closed, or 5 minutes later.
    • Unlock one, remember for all: Once you unlock an app, it unlocks other app in the ‘validity period’

Locking apps
    When AAL is opened, an application list will be shown.

• Check/uncheck to lock an application with default method.
    • Touch on the application name to select an alternative method
    You can disable or lock all applications by turn it on/off from setting screen. You change default settings from application’s setting screen.

Download
    Google Market: Free (with Ad),
    Video demo: Youtube

Troubleshooting
    • Why I can not see an application? You can use ‘Rescan apps’ from main screen option menu to re-scan the application list
    • What can I do if my entered PIN/password is lost? We will support password recovery feature in the next releases. Don’t worry.
    • The black screen is very ugly, I want a cooler one: We intent to build alternative screens (such as ‘ZOMBIE WARNING’), if you have a cool idea, please email us (support@anttek.com) then we try to support that.

Please send bug/enhancement request to support@anttek.com

UPDATES
    - Add custom text screen (ex. a black background with green text telling that the app is virus infected...)
    - Add custom image screen (ex. zombie warning...)
    - Add fake force close method
    As there are many apps that lock other apps, I'll give this one a try for comparison. :)
    wont let me download as it is not compatible with my device :p

edit: Droid 2 (on GB 2.3.3) :p

I'm going to give it a shot.