[Q/A] Ask Us Your Questions Here About Roms & Mods

Search This thread

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
Hey everyone, I am completely new to rooting and flashing. I have just rooted my phone using the tutorial here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1406880&highlight=guide Can someone please guide me further on how to flash custom ROM's and is flashing the kernel necessary? Do i need to root my phone for all this? Sorry for a completely dumb question.

to install custom rom, u need to install cwm. the link u mentioned has a guide to install d same.

once u hav installed cwm, jst download any custom rom zip from dev thread and flash it thru cwm.

if u install any custom rom, u r default rooted.Apart from this u can flash other devs kernel, this depends on u.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tanujbatra17

tanujbatra17

Aug 19, 2013
was ratstru

to install custom rom, u need to install cwm. the link u mentioned has a guide to install d same.

once u hav installed cwm, jst download any custom rom zip from dev thread and flash it thru cwm.

if u install any custom rom, u r default rooted.Apart from this u can flash other devs kernel, this depends on u.

Any suggestions about the best custom ROM's and kernels? I am using Stock ROM and ICS 4.0.4

Last edited:

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
I want to install Cyanogenmod 10 on my SGR, is that a custom ROM? Any links would be appreciated.
Thanks again :good::)

anything that is not made by OEM is a custom stuff..

i have provided d link and procedure.. chk some post above..
though i will list it here...
1. flash cwm (link mentioned by you). You can get cwm from dev thread.
2. download d rom zip file and put it your sd card and flash it thru cwm.( link in prev post)
3. enter cwm and flash d zip file. wipe cache and dalvik cache from cwm. also wipe data if u get boot loops.
4. thats it....you have now flashed a custom rom..

this procedure remains same for any custom rom.

willi05

Oct 21, 2013
On screen Button support for galaxy R pac-man cm 10.2 rom android 4.3

Can someone provide me on screen buttons for galaxy R Android 4.3 (pac-man rom cm 10.2) :)

a.yueksel

Oct 24, 2013
www.facebook.com
Hi :)
is there a "Transparent Statusbar and Center Clock - Mod" for Galaxy R (CM10.1) ??
i found some mods for other modells. would they work on my device?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9103 mit Tapatalk

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
Reactions: MohdGhufran

MohdGhufran

May 28, 2013
New Delhi
Thank you sir for quick response

What r u upto? Can u explain a bit. Like from which version u r coming?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I followed as instructed in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31243328 . The only step which I did not follow was Flashing the stock I9103XXLQ9. I had stock I9103XXLQ3.
There was no problem in flashing Base Version (1.0) of BlueBerry ROM. I want to upgrade it by flashing version 2.1a ( http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32296476&postcount=282 ). I tried many times flashing it using CWM but did not succeed :(

Is is being aborted because because I am on XXLQ3 instead of XXLQ9 ?

[QUOTED=vrajan;32296476]Installation Instruction - Flash it in the following order.
Stock XXLQ9 > BB 1.0 (Base version) > BB 2.0 > BB 2.1a[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

amitshirsat24

Nov 18, 2014
I have a Galaxy R that suddenly stopped working and it won't turn on anymor

Hi there, I have a Galaxy R that suddenly stopped working, while i m using, it gone in "kernal downloading mode....dont turn off phone" , it taken 10-12min,bt till not happen anything on screen then i iff pfone by pressing off button and it won't turn on anymore.

Is there something that I can do? I've already tried to change charger typology and leave the phone without battery for a while, i also done USB android JIG method also bt still problem not solved..
what can i do for it...
please help me for this..

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

Hi there, I have a Galaxy R that suddenly stopped working, while i m using, it gone in "kernal downloading mode....dont turn off phone" , it taken 10-12min,bt till not happen anything on screen then i iff pfone by pressing off button and it won't turn on anymore.

Is there something that I can do? I've already tried to change charger typology and leave the phone without battery for a while, i also done USB android JIG method also bt still problem not solved..
what can i do for it...
please help me for this..

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Can you share screenshot of the screen?

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
Can you share screenshot of the screen?

Screenshot of the download mode?
@amitshirsat24 you were in the download mode IMHO. Flash the stock rom again. You might miss out on your data.

So first use aroma file manager / twrp recovery file manager to recover your files..then flash stock rom in the download mode.

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"

Reactions: D™

shrek511

Oct 2, 2014
Hello! phone itself is turned off. It may be turned off at any time. new battery, I have different firmware. what can be?

.player

Mar 21, 2016
I tried flashing CWM recovery on my i9103. The process went through quick and smooth. But afterwards my battery drains fast, about 25% per hour. I even powered off the phone and it still drains as fast.
Should I revert to stock recovery, try another version of CWM, or something else?

PS: Just measured battery, voltage is 4.02v while phone reports 50%

Performed a calibration. Now the battery gauge seems accurate.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts