[ROM][NC] Unofficial CM9 Nightly builds - with/without OpenGL

Search This thread

bqq100

Mar 19, 2010
Virginia
Anyone else have problems with some apps showing as incompatible on the market? The one i noticed was urban spoon. Same issue both with and without the telephony patch. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 3920726

Had stayed away from ICS mainly due to the heavy lag I noticed while using the nook, but I flashed yesterday's update (non-opengl), and I have to admit, I'm really impressed. Awesome work by all who are involved, this is my new daily driver :D

Sent from my SGH-I777

archcantor

Feb 3, 2012
Bristol CT USA
Eyeballer, thanks for the great ROM. I just flashed the 5/31 nightly. I noticed that adhoc wifi tethering now works without having to mess with installing a special wpa_supplicant file. Adhoc tethering is important to those of us who have older phones like the Droid-1 which does not support infrastructure tethering.

We're having a bit of trouble getting CM9 (megatron) on the Asus Transformer to do adhoc tethering. Right now it sees the adhoc network but can not connect.

This nightly on my NC is my mainstay now. Very impressive. Anybody know whatever happened to trying to solve the bluetooth antenna problem? (limited range)

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Anyone else have problems with some apps showing as incompatible on the market? The one i noticed was urban spoon. Same issue both with and without the telephony patch. Thanks!

Yes.. Car and Driver, and Rom Manager Janitor

jf

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

... Anybody know whatever happened to trying to solve the bluetooth antenna problem? (limited range)

My understanding is that there is nothing that can be done - its a hardware issue, as there is no real 'antenna' attached inside to feed the circuit... jf

manchucka

Aug 30, 2010
San Francisco
Home button doesn't work

Odd: my home button doesn't appear to register, neither as the physical "N" button (which does, nonetheless, wake the device), or, more strangely, as the soft home button (which lights up, indicating a button-press, but which does nothing.)

I've also got this rash right...well, let me see if I can just...there. Do you think it's serious? I mean, that's just a rash, right?

ew2x4

Dec 22, 2009

I am. The Marvel Comics is incompatible. Oddly enough, the Comixology app works. It's the same thing.

lorddunlow

Mar 17, 2011
Anyone have broken bluetooth in the latest opengl nightlies? It was working just fine several days ago, but with the last 3-4 nightlies my bluetooth will never come on. I'm posting to see if maybe it's just that I need to wipe everything and reinstall, or if it's an issue with the ROM. I'm guessing I just need to wipe, since I haven't done that in almost a month of nightly flashing and it's been running very sluggishly as well.

Still, it's a great ROM despite any issues I've had. Can't wait to see if the new kernel fixes my wifi issues and enables Netflix. Then it would be completely awesome!

routey

May 18, 2012
I've flashed the open gl version but encounter lag when playing angry birds. anybody else facing it? thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

jpristel

Feb 19, 2010
I'm not entirely sure if its my device or ICS. But this doesn't occur in CM7 builds.

After my device has been idle for a few days, it starts crackling randomly, almost like a static shock sound. Not out of the speakers, it actually sounds as if its the screen. When this crackling starts I can be a sure a complete freeze up will happen in the next few minutes.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Also, on reboot, all is fine for a day or two. Doesn't really bother me about having to reboot so often. I just hope this doesn't ultimately hurt the device.

I have the exact thing happening and I'm not using the OpenGL version. Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? I'm going to try to capture something via logcat, but who knows if the logging will work as the device seems completely unresponsive.

mateorod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
I have the exact thing happening and I'm not using the OpenGL version. Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? I'm going to try to capture something via logcat, but who knows if the logging will work as the device seems completely unresponsive.

This has happened to me (I think) but only when playing music through headphones while playing (of all things) NBAJam. Not that either of those conditions are necessary for the condition, but they are the only way I have encountered it.

I say I think I have encountered it because, like I said, I had in headphones each time it happened, so it didn't sound like it was coming from the screen to me. But it was an intermittent crunchy, crackling sound that would let me continue to play the game, but not exit or interface with the status bar. And, no matter what, meant a crash to reboot was imminent.

With all that said, I felt like it was a response to an overloaded processor perhaps. It only seemed to happen when I had a bunch going on with the system, all at once.

It hasn't happened since I stopped futzing with NBAJam, at least.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As of 9/4 opengl is enabled on all builds (so no more double builds each night) and hardware UI acceleration is working. Thanks krylon360 for the work :)

In the same spirit as Samiam303 I've been building and hosting nightly builds of CM9 for the community to use. In particular I'm now building nightlies with OpenGL rendering turned on in addition to non-openGL builds (same as Samiam303). These builds are all straight sync with CM source with no additional mods. Builds are sync'd at 3am EST for non-openGL and 4am EST for openGL - they will be available to download approx 15 mins after their sync times.

So what does OpenGL rendering mean? It means we have some form of hardware acceleration for the UI and apps. It is not full hw accel and it is not hw video decoding. The couple of things you'll notice work is wallpaper scrolling in the launcher and chrome beta will mostly work to render webpages but will fc if you go into settings. Flash also somewhat works - I've found you definitely need to OC to get some flash videos to work, most still are not smooth.

The downside to it seems to vary user to user, some people report sluggish responses and some get lock ups, a few have no problems at all..

Either way, give them a try and report back. Please try to keep the thread on topic of these builds only, other mods can be flashed over, but that discussion should be in the respective thread. I'd also like to revisit keyodi's suggestion here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22277804#post22277804) - a few people reported good results with that change. Any more feedback?

Downloads

There's a few ways to get the builds:
    1) Browse the hosted folder here: http://techerrata.com/browse/nightly_kangs/encore
    2) Follow @CM_Encore on twitter for announcements of the builds as they hit the host (PLEASE NOTE: @CM_Encore IS A TWITTER BOT - don't bother tweeting at it)
    3) *NEW* Use the Goo Manager app to receive notifications of new builds and download them directly on your nook. With Goo Manager you can also get incremental updates, see my post here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25441065#post25441065

Latest ICS gapps can be found here http://goo-inside.me/gapps or mirrored here http://techerrata.com/browse/gapps

Updates

For the latest updates/announcements follow me on twitter, or check back here.

5/9/12: Goo Manager now comes pre-installed to make updating as easy as possible :)
    4/28/12: Incremental updates are available for the flash-a-holics: See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25441065#post25441065
    3/10/12: Due to some merges yesterday you may need to reflash gapps when going from a nightly prior to 3/9 to later than 3/9

Credit and Thanks
    Thanks to fattire, dalingrin and the rest of the CM encore theme for making this possible. Thanks to fellow TeamWin members Kevank for providing the hosting and to s0up for the Goo app.
    The 9/4 nightly includes all of krylon's changes, and opengl is now enabled by default so there will only be 1 build each night from now on (unless something changes again). In testing we haven't experienced any freezes or random reboots with the new code and opengl enabled, of course with wider testing we may discover something.
    I've decided to pause the nightlies at this point. If most people are on 9/4 we can start to see if there's any specific issues affecting all users that might be able to be resolved with the goal being as stable a cm9 release as possible. There isn't much being merged into the cm9 tree upstream so we're not losing anything by building less frequency.

So go ahead and install 9/4, if I see something of significance merged upstream I'll kick off a new public build.
    Nightlies will now feature HWA and full Hardware Decoding, as well as working Flash.

Known issues.
    Netflix - Stupid Stupid App. :p - Giving the same error as we are getting in JB, so when we fix one, we will fix the other.

Fruit Ninja - Hangs at the loading screen. - Known issue across several devices.
    I've decided to pause the nightlies at this point. If most people are on 9/4 we can start to see if there's any specific issues affecting all users that might be able to be resolved with the goal being as stable a cm9 release as possible. There isn't much being merged into the cm9 tree upstream so we're not losing anything by building less frequency.

So go ahead and install 9/4, if I see something of significance merged upstream I'll kick off a new public build.

thanks eye.
    This gives me a chance to hack in the PBHACK which will bring down the memory usage of SystemUI like I did in JB.
    Gonna take some work since it didnt like some of the syntax usage when I attempted the 1st time.
    Will try to get to this sometime this week. Have my Grandma coming to town on Sunday, so will be unavail this weekend/next week.