[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Search This thread

traumatism

Feb 3, 2010
heya buddy, good idea and nice one for helping us novices out.

im curious as to how you install modules into a rom (kernel supported of course)

i am using redpill that comes with modules that are not installed as default and wondered how to install them

traumatism

Feb 3, 2010
If you're talking about kernel modules, check this link out ...
http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/13519/how-to-install-kernel-module-for-android ... let me know if this helps at all, if not, please try to explain a Lil more about the types of modules you're trying to install...
~{Who needs a Medical Degree when you have WiFi???}~

I've seen that one before. The modules are stored on the phone in lib/modules (root directory and not in system folder). How would I install them from there?

|Sent from the bowels of my crypt|

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
Have you tried pushing them to the system/lib folder? If not, try that and reboot, make sure the folders aren't in read only, switch them to read/write if they are

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

If that doesn't work, looks life you may have to do some code writing to write in extensions and run commands

Reactions: traumatism

traumatism

Feb 3, 2010
Have you tried pushing them to the system/lib folder? If not, try that and reboot, make sure the folders aren't in read only, switch them to read/write if they are

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

If that doesn't work, looks life you may have to do some code writing to write in extensions and run commands

No I've not tried that yet. Will they need to be in a modules folder or straight in the system folder?

|Sent from the bowels of my crypt|

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
System/lib/modules... check for that folder and push them there... if the folder does not exist, make one, just be sure to follow the path name correctly, e.g; system folder, lib, modules... try that and let me know if it works

Reactions: traumatism

WysiwygDK

Oct 14, 2012
GT-7100

Hi, i have this phone...
GT-N7100
Android: 4.1.5
Baseband: N7100ZCALH3
Kernel: 3.0.13-93991
Build: JRO03C.N7100ZCALH40

The GPS do not work and i want to install another rom.
Downloaded Odin Mobile and i get an error : A compatible device was detected but with an unexpected partition layout. Mobile odin cannot operate. This is a common error on CM and MIUI ROMs on some devices

I have never tried flashing a rom to a android phone before, and must say i am pretty "green"..
I really hope on some help

If you need additional info, i will provide anything you need... JUST want this phone to work 100%;)

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
Have you tired flashing through Oregon on your computer yet?

traumatism

Feb 3, 2010
System/lib/modules... check for that folder and push them there... if the folder does not exist, make one, just be sure to follow the path name correctly, e.g; system folder, lib, modules... try that and let me know if it works

how can i tell if the modules have been installed and are working?

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
I don't know if you've seen this yet, it's for all Linux based kernels just like Androi... I'll keep looking though

heartagramm

Sep 5, 2010
N7105.

If you root, install CWM, and Custom ROM, can you bring the phone really back to an "original" state, so custom binary load is 0 and it would pass through warranty without an issue?

I've tried TriangleAway, but after it has done it's job, custom binary counter stays as 1 although I haven't booted into CWM. I've had root and CWM (not stock recovery) while doing this.

trpi

Jan 29, 2013
is there/where can i find android 4.2 camera apk with photosphere? i cant find with google

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
You actually don't need anything except Odin on a computer, your phone, sync cable and stock factory image... put phone in download mode (pwr off, hold pwr, home and vol dwn born) hook phone to computer, open Odin, click pda them find stock img and flash... you'll be 100% out of the box brand new, the only problem is your flash counter might go up one cuz you're still flashing something, but all other evidence of mods will be gone... if someone knows a way to back to factory, remove root and clear flash counter and leave absolutely no evidence of any mod whatsoever, please let me know cuz that is extremely valuable info lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
    I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
    Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
    ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)
    Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Just try restarting your phone...

I had faced the same problem once and rebooting it solved that...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    I'm having a great amount of trouble with my GN2 since i upgraded to my official 4.4.2 ROM via odin, most of the time when the device locks the screen it won't open again, no matter how much u wait or press the home button or the lock button again the display never wakes up again and then i have to keep pressing the lock button to reboot the phone, There seems nothing to b triggering this problem. It occurs randomly, Not associated with heavy usage or anything, I just don't know what's triggering it. ITS SO ANNOYING, when it occurs the alarms won't ring either, Even if i got a call the screen won't show it, Only black lighted screen... Kitkat is really bad upgrade

The device is: GT-n7100 running this flashed ROM N7100XXUFND4, Its my official one.
    Thanks in advance

Iam suffering from the same thing... Let me know if u could solve it.

Thanks for not helping...

What you're experiencing seems to be a sleep of death, where the phone, after entering deep sleep, fails to wakes up even when there's user input (i.e. pressing buttons). This usually occurs if one underclocks one's phone too much. Try installing Trickstermod, under Specific there's a Touch Wake option.

Personally I haven't encountered this problem, but I read about it in the AGNi kernel 4.4.2 purestock thread, which I have installed.

Thank me pls :cool:
    Hey. I'm have been having some problems ever since I rooted my phone (Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100). And I've been told that I might find the solution here. I've explained everything in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-assist/cwm-recovery-problems-supersu-t2892020 I really need to get done with this . Your help will me much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are on 4.4, the method you tried might not work.

Method given below works for 4.4 and 4.3. Not sure about 4.1.2

Anyways, flash Philz recovery latest via ODIN.

Here is the Link: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100/philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5/

Wait for green pass.

Now download SuperSu flashable zip

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Store the file on phone int.sd / ext.sd

Enter recovery using key combination.

Once inside Philz, choose "install as zip" , select the supersu zip and flash.

Reboot the device.

Open play store and update supersu if required.

Don't forget to press thumbs up if u found my suggestions helpful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly there actually is some method to reset Knox counter on the devices with Exynos.
    Don't ask me, use google.

tetakpatalked from N7100

Unfortunately that method and flashing the knox reset zip is JUST for the note 3. Not any any other device.

Well here you go...

How to Reset knox on Note 3 Exynos.

I dont need google for this,fortunately XDA gave me a search option :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"