N5 and LTE + Voice

Search This thread

t4t3r

Dec 17, 2011
Does anyone else have an issue where the LTE signal is not reestablished after a phone call? I have to reboot my phone to get the LTE signal back, otherwise it remains on HSPA+. I am in an area with full LTE signal (all bars). This is driving me crazy...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Does anyone else have an issue where the LTE signal is not reestablished after a phone call? I have to reboot my phone to get the LTE signal back, otherwise it remains on HSPA+. I am in an area with full LTE signal (all bars). This is driving me crazy...

Carrier is?

t4t3r

Dec 17, 2011
It NEVER reestablishes the connection though, stays on H.

JuGGerbad

Jun 8, 2011
Maine
Hours, days, etc. unless I reboot the phone.

Have you just tried throwing it in airplane mode for a second to kill the radio and see if it pulls and LTE connection after? I'm on AT&T and every once in awhile I'll have to do that when switching between cell towers while driving.

sharpehenry

Oct 2, 2012
hmmm... that's strange, you shouldn't have to do anything. mine goes on H during the call, as soon as end the call it immediately (about a second) switches back to LTE. I'm not rooted or anything. everything is stock.

not sure if this will help but try doing factory reset and clear cache and such?

it would be easier if you gave us more details.
Custom ROM? kernel? rooted?

t4t3r

Dec 17, 2011
Everything is completely stock, never rooted etc. Seems to be slightly improved today. It has actually come back into LTE a couple times without rebooting. I've also tried the airplane trick a couple times and that has worked on occasion as well. Still hit or miss so I may just RMA it. Appreciate everyone's help!

t4t3r

Dec 17, 2011
Don't mean to necro this thread, but just looking for some additional input.

RMAd my device and the new one exhibits the same behavior which leads me to believe it's the network in my area. Anyone ever experience the same thing especially in area with new LTE?