[Guide] Unbricking Solution for LG Nitro HD (P930)

Search This thread

kloz

Apr 2, 2008
I am trying to do the "Unbrick" from post 29 and I too get the error:

Screenshot of error

I have followed the steps exactly. I think something is up with this method, several people now are reporting the same thing.

EDIT: I have retried many times now, still get this error.

Are you sure the phone is in download mode with the battery in. Phone shows up as android serial device and no others. Ive seen where other posts mention to disable other usb devices. Port set to port 41. No usb hub inline between phone and pc? Also unplugging and plugging the usb cable when its at the ready state?
Also somewhere else ive seen the mentioning of unplugging all other usb devices when trying lg flash tool.

If all else fails try another computer.
Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

Reactions: red_solo_cup

red_solo_cup

Dec 14, 2011
Are you sure the phone is in download mode with the battery in.
Yes, the batttery is in, I am plugged in, and the screen says "Download Mode"
Phone shows up as android serial device and no others
It does show up as "LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM41)
Ive seen where other posts mention to disable other usb devices.
Like what?
Port set to port 41.
Yes
No usb hub inline between phone and pc?
Yes
Also unplugging and plugging the usb cable when its at the ready state?
Tried
Also somewhere else ive seen the mentioning of unplugging all other usb devices when trying lg flash tool.
Which ones? I only had one other thing plugged in, I unplugged and tried again.
If all else fails try another computer.
This is likely my next step.

How long does it stay at the "Ready" state? It seems to stick there forever.

Also, when in download mode, should ADB see my device? adb devices yields no devices connected when in download.

Also, I set LGFlash to save a log, and this is the XML that it saved

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<REFLASH>
   <UNIT>
      <ESN>IMEINOTACTIVE</ESN>
      <TIMESTAMP>20120424173730</TIMESTAMP> 
      <RESULT>FAIL</RESULT>
      <SOFTWARE_NAME>LG FlashTool</SOFTWARE_NAME> 
      <SOFTWARE_VER>1.2</SOFTWARE_VER>
      <OEM_NAME>LG</OEM_NAME> 
   </UNIT>
</REFLASH>
I don't quite now what IMEINOTACTIVE means. My phone is showing up in Windows.

Thanks!

Last edited:

airicd22

Oct 13, 2010
I was running CM9 and accidently flashed the kernal to HONO instead of the rom. Ive been trying all the guides and nothing is happening. My phone is stuck on the lg logo and I can get into download mode. My question is are one of these what I need to do or is there something else I can do? Please help thanks.

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
I was running CM9 and accidently flashed the kernal to HONO instead of the rom. Ive been trying all the guides and nothing is happening. My phone is stuck on the lg logo and I can get into download mode. My question is are one of these what I need to do or is there something else I can do? Please help thanks.

Your phone is not bricked if you have CWM installed.

Turn the phone off, then hold volume down button and power button until it asks if you'd like to "factory hard reset" the phone. Let go, then press power button twice to confirm. (This doesn't actually reset anything, it just loads into CWM.) From here you can reflash the correct ROM.

Last edited:

airicd22

Oct 13, 2010
Your phone is not bricked if you have CWM installed.

Turn the phone off, then hold volume down button and power button until it asks if you'd like to "factory hard reset" the phone. Let go, then press power button twice to confirm. (This doesn't actually reset anything, it just loads into CWM.) From here you can reflash the correct ROM.

ive tried that too. nothing happens. is there anything alse i should try?

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

H man, it finally worked after a couple tries, thanks.

gregrich91

Apr 27, 2012
Hi,

I was following along on at work, got half way through, came home, realized I didn't copy all the files to a flash drive before leaving, and now can not download any of the .img files needed to finish the process. Apparently dropbox says they have gotten too mush traffic and refuse to host it er something. Anyone wanna put it up somewhere else? Please? I'm stuck with the korean rom (wifi doesn't work 'n stuff) till someone does! Or I guess I could wait for tomorrow... :(

-Greg

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
Hi,

I was following along on at work, got half way through, came home, realized I didn't copy all the files to a flash drive before leaving, and now can not download any of the .img files needed to finish the process. Apparently dropbox says they have gotten too mush traffic and refuse to host it er something. Anyone wanna put it up somewhere else? Please? I'm stuck with the korean rom (wifi doesn't work 'n stuff) till someone does! Or I guess I could wait for tomorrow... :(

-Greg

There is the reason why all the links are dead:
Hi Eugene,

This email is an automated notification from Dropbox that your Public links have been temporarily suspended for generating excessive traffic. Your Dropbox will continue to function normally with the exception of Public links.

This suspension is temporary (3 days for the first time).

Please visit Dropbox support if you have any questions.

- The Dropbox Team

Last edited:
Reactions: gregrich91

gregrich91

Apr 27, 2012

Would you be so kind as to put them up at a different place? or something? maybe even package it all into one zip and torrent it? I'd seed the heck out of it.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

also,
The reason it go so much darn traffic was that 10+ sites basically copied your walkthrough and linked to your files instead of hosting the files themselves....

btw, I didn't have a bricked device. But rather, I allowed an official update a week or so back, and that prevented me from rooting. And so far, it looks like this method will get me back to a state of pre-evilUpdatedness!

Thanks a lot man!

-Greg

Reactions: Machzelet

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
Would you be so kind as to put them up at a different place? or something? maybe even package it all into one zip and torrent it? I'd seed the heck out of it.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

also,
The reason it go so much darn traffic was that 10+ sites basically copied your walkthrough and linked to your files instead of hosting the files themselves....

btw, I didn't have a bricked device. But rather, I allowed an official update a week or so back, and that prevented me from rooting. And so far, it looks like this method will get me back to a state of pre-evilUpdatedness!

Thanks a lot man!

-Greg

Yeah, it‘s a great idea to create a torrent link. I will do this later. Thanks for an idea, dude!

Sent from my LG-P936 using xda premium

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
Propose to your attention the full collection of all the files needed for the resuscitation of your device, including the latest firmware from P936.
At this time, without limitation in speed distribution. Has uploaded a full archive of the torrent.

Attachments

• LG_Nitro_HD_Full_Pack.zip.torrent
    10.9 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

gregrich91

Apr 27, 2012
shell error

Hey,

Got going again this morning, and when I go to do the shell commands it says "unknown operand if"
like dis:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
$ su
su
# dd if = / sdcard / boot.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk0p8
dd if = / sdcard / boot.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk0p8
unknown operand if

Whats going wrong?

Thanks!

-Greg

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
Hey,

Got going again this morning, and when I go to do the shell commands it says "unknown operand if"
like dis:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
$ su
su
# dd if = / sdcard / boot.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk0p8
dd if = / sdcard / boot.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk0p8
unknown operand if

Whats going wrong?

Thanks!

-Greg

It's a mistake in the original post. The commands should be entered like so:

Code:
adb shell 
su 
dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 
dd if=/sdcard/firmware.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 
dd if=/sdcard/baseband.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 
dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27

Make sure you don't make typos during this step! It's a zero after "mmcblk", not an O.

Machzelet, can you fix the spaces on the original post?

gregrich91

Apr 27, 2012
Yea if just one person seeds, I'll dl and seed as well. It should catch on pretty quickly after that. So ya wanna seed for us?

ryokea

Jan 9, 2011
Fairland, OK
Propose to your attention the full collection of all the files needed for the resuscitation of your device, including the latest firmware from P936.
At this time, without limitation in speed distribution. Has uploaded a full archive of the torrent.

I've added this torrent to my seedbox so once it completes, everyone will have a dedicated seeder for awhile.

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
Bricked no download mode

No matter what I do, I just can't get into download mode. This prevents me from using any of the aforementioned methods. Really scared right now. PLEASE HELP!

lilbluemirage

Mar 3, 2009
Followed instructions and get stick on step 12... Support Tools opens up and says "The Cell phone is the latest version already. So you don't need to update." Model: p930 Verison: v10i....

What do i do?? :(

UPDATE: Nevermind... Started all over again from step one and it worked. Strange.

Last edited:

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
No matter what I do, I just can't get into download mode. This prevents me from using any of the aforementioned methods. Really scared right now. PLEASE HELP!

When you try to power on your device what happen? Is there blinking of sensor buttons? If yes, you have to charge your device for a hour at least and try again to get download mode.

Reactions: chrisrotolo

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
Followed instructions and get stick on step 12... Support Tools opens up and says "The Cell phone is the latest version already. So you don't need to update." Model: p930 Verison: v10i....

What do i do?? :(

You must read the guide again. You do something wrong.

Andasa

Mar 28, 2010
I've tried to get into recovery but i think thats where the problem is after trying to flash a recovery this happened, I cant get it to boot into anything, no download mode no nothing except for that QHSUSB_DLOAD in my device manager. I can see that the phone does power off when i hold the power button because the dload thing disappears but if i try to put it into recovery it pops back up, and same for download mode too. I hope its not completely bricked but i seen on the recovery method others have said it hard bricked theirs

Now I'm too have same problem, don't know what to do now :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unbricking Guide:
    (Guide for the American version of the device - LG Nitro HD)

*** Remember, whatever you do, you do at your own risk and responsibility for your actions rests solely on you ***

Introduction:
    Sorry, I know my english is not so well as I want, but I tried to explain all steps in this guide for people who never flashed their devices before.

Please, don't mirror links to required tools and files on other sites! Daily traffic is limited!

Required tools:
    1) ADB: Get it from here - Android Developer SDK , and then specify the path (PATH) to the folder containing the ADB.
    Alternate method: copy the folder ADB from the folder SuperOneClickv2.3.2_ShortFuse to the drive C:/ on the computer, and then specify the path (PATH) to the folder containing the ADB.
    How to specify the path to the ADB:
    My computer (right mouse button) -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables -> In the lower window find the line Path and double click on it -> At the end of the string "Value" add the complete path to the ADB (eg C:/ADB) and click OK (don't forget to add ";" before).
    2) SuperOneClick: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
    3) LG P930 drivers: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
    4) KDZ_FW_UPD_EN: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
    5) Small HTTP Server:
    a) shttp3: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
    b) www: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2

Required files:
    1) V10F_00.kdz: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
    2) boot.img: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
    3) recovery.img: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
    4) firmware.img: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
    5) baseband.img: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2
    6) system.img: Link - Mirror1 - Mirror2

So now we have everything we need to restore our system. It remains only to extract all the files and you can get to work.

The process of resuscitation:
    1) Install the drivers from folder LG P930 drivers.
    2) Install the B2CAppSetup from folder KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.
    3) Install shttp3.exe on drive C:/, note "I agree with this license, and I accept all items", "Update entry in main menu" and "Add to startup".
    4) Run the program http.exe, click the right mouse button on the top of the Small Server and select Server -> Settings...
    5) Go to the tab HTTP, in the "TCP/IP port for HTTP server" change port 80 to port 9002 and at the top right click on OK.
    6) Unpack content of the www.ziр in the folder C:/shttps/www.
    It is important:
    Small Server software must be running, or unbricking will not be possible.
    7) Open with a notepad (as Administrator) file hosts, which is located in C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc and at the end add the following:
    127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com
    Save and exit.
    8) Switch the phone to Download mode:
    Turn off the phone, if you have not turned off.
    Disconnect the USB cable from the phone if connected.
    Hold down Volume Up and connect the USB cable to the phone.
    Hold Volume Up until the screen: Download mode.
    9) Open the folder KDZ_FW_UPD_EN and run the program UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe
    10) Click on the folder icon in the row "Select kdz file" and select the file V10F_00.kdz
    11) Click on "CSE web upgrade test".
    12) In the window that appears, click on "Upgrade Start".
    13) In the next window that appears, you will be prompted to select country and language, which will use the program. Since few of us know Korean, change the language to English, and follow on.
    14) The program will begin to flash update file V10F_00.kdz on your phone.
    It is important:
    If you notice that the software update stuck at 4%, close the program through Task Manager and go to step 5!
    15) When the update reaches 90% of your phone will reboot. Do not do anything until the upgrade is finished completely!
    It is important:
    If you notice that the upgrade program generated an error at 93%, do not panic. Just forcibly restart the phone.
    If you notice that the upgrade program stucked on 90% for a long time, just forcibly close the upgrade program and move on to getting root.
    16) Phone revived, you can begin to get root.

Getting root:
    So, your phone is officially revived the Korean language with Korean firmware by default.
    Before proceeding, make sure that your phone is connected to a PC in PC Software mode.
    1) A gesture from the bottom-up on the lock screen will take you to the master wizard (where everything is in Korean). Press the left button on the bottom of the screen and two seconds later your phone will "talk" to his native English. You can continue to follow the master wizard, but honestly, it's unnecessary. We just wanted to change the language.
    2) Install the drivers on the PC from folder LG P930 drivers. After that, wait until the PC to install additional drivers.
    3) Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development and turn on "USB debugging".
    4) Run SuperOneClick.exe and click Root.
    5) Wait for the completion of the root. Check in the phone that the program Superuser appears.
    * If it appears, then we can begin to flash the original AT&T's images.
    * If not, repeat the procedure for obtaining root.
    It is important:
    Be patient, sometimes it takes about 20 times to get root.
    I strongly recommend to use SuperOneClick 2.3.2 version to get root! Version 2.3.3 for some reason doesn't work with our phone.

Restoring the original Nitro HD images:
    1) Connect your phone to your PC in Mass Storage mode (select the type of connections Mass storage).
    2) Copy to the root of the SD-card all 5 images (boot.img, recovery.img, firmware.img, baseband.img and system.img).
    3) Upon completion of copying of images put the phone back into a PC Software mode and make sure USB debugging enabled.
    4) On your PC go to Start -> Run -> write cmd and click OK.
    5) In the window that appears, use the following commands are strictly in the order in which they are registered (otherwise, again, get a brick and will have to start from scratch):
    Code:
    adb shell 
    su 
    6) Wait for the completion of the last command (it takes quite a long time) and forcibly turn off the phone.
    7) At the same time hold down the Power button and Volume Down and wait for the screen: Factory reset.
    8) Double-click on the power button, confirming our actions.
    * Phone will start factory reset and will restart at the end.

Congratulations! Now your phone has an AT&T's operator firmware and root-rights.

Guys, I'm really happy to be a part of this great community, but I decided to move on. Thanks to all of you!
    Success Story & [Guide]

I figured I would write up the steps I performed to get a 100% stock AT&T image working on my P930 LG Nitro HD since I couldn't get Machzelet "The process of resuscitation" steps to work for me. Kept getting the phone not connected error when using the UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe. Credit is due to all the folks information / files I used and I will not re-post the files so please give them thanks as I have when you download from the links they have given.

Downloaded Machzelets' (POST#1) Required tools (SuperOneClick: SuperOneClickv2.3.2_ShortFuse.zip & LG P930 drivers: LGP930.zip)
    Downloaded Machzelets' (POST#1) Required files (Except for the V10F_00.kdz)
    Downloaded amoamares' (Post #21) LG Flash Tool 1.3.77.21 + P930 DLL
    Downloaded & Extracted amoamares' (Post #14) LGP930AT-01-V10j-310-410-FEB-26-2012.zip
    Downloaded arsen4oos' file from thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1508612 (Post #4)

My system(Windows 7 64 bit & AT&T LG Nitro HD P930)

Steps:
    1) Install all of the drivers from LGP930.zip from amoamares' (Post #21) & Install LG flash tool 1.3.77 from amoamares' (Post #21)
    2) Overwrite the EXE file located in the default directory C:\LG\LGFlashTool with the one downloaded from arsen4oos' file from thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1508612 (Post #4)
    3) Open the LG Flash Tool, it should not ask you for anything at the splash screen but load the tool and prompt you for the DLL and TOT file downloaded from amoamares' Posts, if not click the Icon that looks like gears.
    4) Click ok and put your phone into Download mode(Warning: I don't know if this was just me but My phone would keep exiting the download mode, I figured this was because the battery was dead and the phone was not charging when in download mode so I ended up plugging it into the wall for an hour or so when it was off to recharge the battery)
    5) Plug your phone in and put it into "download mode" (Volume Up and Power Button) Once new hardware found go into control panel and find your phones 'Com port' under Ports(COM & LPT)-> LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM#) and change it to port 41 (right click "properties->port settings>advance" )(dcmcc99s' (Post #1) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1343915)
    6) Click the icon that looks like the cable and make sure you put a check in port 1 on the right and click ok
    7) Click the yellow arrow pointing to the right in to top of the LG Flash tool (You should now see "Ready" in the first cell top left in the main window)
    8) If your phone doesn't start flashing on its own unplug and plug your cellphone back in and it should start flashing and show its progress. At around 80-90% it will say something about rebooting and your phone should reboot, leave it alone until the progress bar reaches 100% and goes green saying completed or success even when the phone comes up to the welcome screen.
    9) Close out the LG flash too and put your phone into debug mode and make sure its set to PC mode.
    10) Extract SuperOneClickv2.3.2_ShortFuse.zip and Run SuperOneClick.exe and root that sucker!!!! (Took me 2-3 attempts, and a few phone restarts in between of tries to get super one click progress to go past starting ADB server)
    11) Once rooted put your phone into mass storage mode and copy all of the IMG files from Machzelets' (POST#1) Required files to your SD cards root directory
    12) Put your phone back into PC mode and make sure your phone is in debug mode and open a command prompt window and navigate to where you extracted super one click (Thanks scott0 for pointing out simple is better but no need to cd.. twice to back up when you can change directory to the folder directly like this)

my instance looks like this
    Code:
    cd "C:\Android Tools\SuperOneClickv2.3.2-ShortFuse\ADB"
    And start issuing the following commands from Machzelets' (POST#1) (Re posted here to remove the spaces that were causing the commands to fail for me, but he still deserves credit so don't forget to thank him/her)
    Note: One at a time until it finishes and the # sign shows in the console window, some take longer then others.
    Code:
    adb shell
    su 
    13) Once the last command is finished my phone was un responsive as Machzelets' (POST#1) implies so forcefully shut the phone down(I removed my battery)
    14) Turn the phone back on in factory reset mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power button, then hit the power button twice to confirm.

Congratulations your phone is now 99.999% stock (since its rooted....) If your crazy and wimp out of the root business because of one bad flash that bricked your phone I guess you could always un-root your phone with super one click and skip the next steps, but whats the point lol..

15-Infinity) Start reloading your apps and everything. personally I Installed Rom manager and re flashed CWM and restored to a previous backup and it WORKED!!

Have fun and don't fear bricking your phone again thanks to Machzelet, amoamare, arsen4oo and dcmcc99.
    Wait, what exactly do I rename the kdz file to?

V10F_00.kdz
    Just finished to update the first post, added mirror links for all required files. Enjoy!
    Good news! ... sort of.

After trying for 12 hours to flash V10F_00.kdz, I gave up.

I found V10i_00.kdz from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6v5jxci6mstt92a/hvFk6GAaxP/Unbrick/AT&T P930

It finally flashed! (Though it got stuck at 90something percetn)

Battery pull, and it booted!

Now I'm trying to get root so that I can install CWM again and restore CM9 backup...

Edit: couldn't root the V10i_00.kdz rom so I was forced to try flashing the V10F again. Decided to flash the one from the dropbox link and guess what, it WORKED. The file is the same size as the one posted in this guide on page 1.

HOWEVER, I'm starting to wonder if it worked because the file name is shorter. V10F_00.kdz vs "LG-SU640-V10F_00.kdz"