Windows 7 doesn't have MTP drivers

Search This thread

RhysTheExiled

Jan 10, 2013
Rome
Hi to all! Sorry for my english.. I hope to be understood!
I plugged my kf to my pc but the pc didn't recognized the device, it said that the mtp drivers miss and said on the device manager error code 28. On windows update it didn't found anything.. i search on the web and on the forum but nothing helped me.. what can i do? There are somewhere MTP drivers to install? Help me!
There is a screen of the device manager:

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 7,787

seokhun

Feb 23, 2013
I plugged my kf to my pc but the pc didn't recognized the device, it said that the mtp drivers miss and said on the device manager error code 28. On windows update it didn't found anything.. i search on the web and on the forum but nothing helped me.. what can i do? There are somewhere MTP drivers to install? Help me!

Uninstall all the drivers relating to the Kindle on the computer, then unplug the device, do a reboot on both the computer and the device, turn on ADB on the Kindle, plug it in.

RhysTheExiled

Jan 10, 2013
Rome
Uninstall all the drivers relating to the Kindle on the computer, then unplug the device, do a reboot on both the computer and the device, turn on ADB on the Kindle, plug it in.

Well I did it.. windows update downloaded the ADB composite driver but didn't found any driver for the MTP.. what can i do?

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,646
Last edited:

seokhun

Feb 23, 2013
Well I did it.. windows update downloaded the ADB composite driver but didn't found any driver for the MTP.. what can i do?

That's odd. No one ever reported anything about MTP drivers for the Kindle, I never had to either, and MTP doesn't appear on my drivers list at all. What Windows are you running and where did you purchase the device?

Mistaz

Apr 21, 2013
I faced a similar problem (Win8 64-bit):
- ADB was working
- PTP (camera) was working with the possibility to access the pictures and DCIM folder via the PC
but
- the KFHD wasn't accessible via MTP anymore since I've updated the rom to CM10.1

The solution for me was to update the driver of the shown up ADB device in the device manager by choosing:
update --> selection from list --> NOT the shown Kindle but MTP --> Microsoft --> universal MTP driver

And now all is working again.
Good luck!

Reactions: rokkrboi

CVanB

Jun 3, 2013
Irwin
- ADB was working
- PTP (camera) was working with the possibility to access the pictures and DCIM folder via the PC
but
- the KFHD wasn't accessible via MTP anymore since I've updated the rom to CM10.1

The solution for me was to update the driver of the shown up ADB device in the device manager by choosing:
update --> selection from list --> NOT the shown Kindle but MTP --> Microsoft --> universal MTP driver

Good luck!

I had the same issue with CM10 and TWRP not mounting. I ended up backing up CM10 and flashing back to amazon os to mount.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Sorry didn't mean to bump this my xda app glitches when I told it to quote something on one thread, save the post and then use it on another thread and intended up bumping this. My bad.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Last edited:

VitricTyro

May 7, 2012
- ADB was working
but

Good luck!

I'm not trying to bump something dead, but after hours of searching for a solution, this worked perfectly for me. Thank you!

rokkrboi

Jul 21, 2013
Cologne
- ADB was working
but

Good luck!

Thank you! Searched for hours to solve my problem that kindle fire hd with cm did not pop up in windows to transfer files - this finally helped me. :good:

JD 11

Jan 13, 2013
- ADB was working
but

Good luck!

I'm having a similar issue connecting my Kindle Fire HD to a Windows 8 Lenovo laptop. The ADB drivers installed correctly but I can't get the MTP Drivers to install. Its gives a "Code 28".

I've tried to follow the steps from Mistaz to update the MTP Drivers, however when I select Microsoft I don't see any option for "universal MTP driver". Any idea why?

Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Did u uncheck show compatible devices? That may help. If its not there it could be something else, I am not too familiar with windows 8, nor want to be from a certain standpoint.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

BlueLaguna88

Dec 22, 2012
Newington, CT
- ADB was working
but

Good luck!

Im on Windows 7, When i follow these steps i get to selection from list and then the MTP doesnt even show up . ive been trying for days now...

JD 11

Jan 13, 2013
Did u uncheck show compatible devices? That may help. If its not there it could be something else, I am not too familiar with windows 8, nor want to be from a certain standpoint.

Thanks for the advice. I think my issue was a bad initial install of the ADP and Kindle drivers. I uninstalled the drivers and did a system restore to a time before I plugged my Kindle into my laptop. I then followed the guide on Amazon "Setting Up Your Development Environment" to setup the Kindle drivers and now everything seems to be working.

Apr 29, 2012
I have tried all the process mentioned din this thread, but none of them have worked for me. I have Windows 7, a Gen 1 KF, 8.9 KFHD, and KFHD 7. Windows file explorer will see the gen 1 and the 8.9, but not the 7, although it will run ADB commands to it just fine. When I look in device manager the MTP part of the kindle has the yellow triangle and I can not find any MTP drivers at all that will work. I have searched here for MTP drivers but have not been able to find any, so if I have just missed them can someone point them out please?

mwhatsup

Jan 16, 2014

Hi,

If I am not mistaken, it looks like you have the same problem I had.

Try this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2612503

Reactions: Afifus and lex66676

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

If I am not mistaken, it looks like you have the same problem I had.

Try this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2612503
    - ADB was working
    but

Good luck!