[DEV][ROM][KK 4.4][Unofficial] OMNIROM BETA

Search This thread

deguerra08

Jun 24, 2008
New York
can someone tell me how. I can fix the keyboard light I've tried all 3 zip installation I have not had results

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrk2815

dbrannon79

Oct 4, 2010
Seguin, Texas
You must first enable developer options (rapidly tap on the bottom item in "about phone" I think it's build number) and then you will get a performance option.
tyda3yzy.jpg
ezu6e6y2.jpg

Thanks!

when I opened the performance menu I noticed both the min and max speed were set to "0" . I reset the min to 216 and the max to 608 also toggled the apply on boot to on.
after closing the menu and re opening it they dont seem to stick! any ideas?

bubor

Feb 7, 2013
Omnirom doesnt support keyboard backlight, you must install user space app to control it.
That is qwertyled, you can found link in OP, that isnt zip, its apk like normal android app

Reactions: keiany and Meeho

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
i notice the same thing. I also see a major battery drain with this build. i dont know what can be the cause of it. But i am now getting about 5 or so hours use out of this rom when i was getting a full day an half out of the january 9 rom. So I am wondering what can it be with jan 30 rom .

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
i have a question. What the best settings for governor and i/o scheduler to get best performance and battery life. What should be the optimum setting for min and max frequencies as well with our kernel. I would appreciate an explanation on this one.

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
any chance on getting a fix for the performance setting not sticking on Omni rom build 30 jan. I have gone back to the older build as it was a less battery drain rom then the current rom. any chance of this being fixed in a future build. Hoping for some new development love for Omni in the upcoming days or weeks!!!!

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
just want to let you know I did another wipe of my system and reinstalled the 30 January 2014build. I also went out and got a new battery for the glide. I now getting a full day of usage out of the glide. I think I may have had a worn battery having the original stock battery for more then 2 years so I am thinking that these batteries don't last more then 2 years. So after I got the new battery on board thing are fine with the build, the only thing I switched around for the governor settings using rom tool box pro and now things are working for me really well. Thanks for the great work bubor. Hopefully we will see new features and upcoming builds from Omni community in the upcoming month.

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
hello just installed 15 february Omni build its going well so far. but need to do further testing an will report back.

jmh363905

Feb 10, 2009
Jonesboro
Some things I've noticed about 2/15/14 build:

The option to have volume keys wake screen from a locked state does not commit.
GPS seems to get a quicker fix in this build!
Google Search causes phone to freeze while it crashes when opening wallpaper selection (seems to work normally fine after first crash).

Some general i927 questions on this and any ROM other than stock I've noticed that maybe someone can fill me in (I'm a new owner of an i927 and have looked around and can't seem to get any clarification):

Is there any fix in sight for the audio delay that happens after using the Google Voice Search? I've noticed a temporary remedy is to let the phone sit for a few seconds before trying to play any audio.

Also, any news on the camera fixed rotation? Can anyone explain in detail or provide a link that I may have over looked explaining what exactly the reason for being unable to take "portrait" pictures?

Lastly, am I the only one experiencing the Maps (or Navigation) app screen going black and having to be killed if you switch to another program or the home screen and back to the Maps app? I've noticed that this is pretty much with all builds of the Google Maps except for the one that comes preinstalled on stock ICS.

Thanks guys! Great ROM. Look forward to future updates!!!

grtsarav

Mar 21, 2011
@jmh363905 the maps black screen problem is fixed by using a older version of maps....i use version 6.14 it works fine.....it has something to do with the cpu not supporting neon instruction set(mentioned by senior member here)....

Reactions: The_Bizzel

deguerra08

Jun 24, 2008
New York
I have the same problem with the map, when another application running and return to the map is black in omni and cm too

LaizureBoy

Jul 15, 2013
cadiz
Camera bugs; the scene indicators are not what they seem...
e3aqevy4.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

jepeju7y.jpg

Reactions: keiany

dbrannon79

Oct 4, 2010
Seguin, Texas
Some things I've noticed about 2/15/14 build:

The option to have volume keys wake screen from a locked state does not commit.
GPS seems to get a quicker fix in this build!
Google Search causes phone to freeze while it crashes when opening wallpaper selection (seems to work normally fine after first crash).

Some general i927 questions on this and any ROM other than stock I've noticed that maybe someone can fill me in (I'm a new owner of an i927 and have looked around and can't seem to get any clarification):

Is there any fix in sight for the audio delay that happens after using the Google Voice Search? I've noticed a temporary remedy is to let the phone sit for a few seconds before trying to play any audio.

Also, any news on the camera fixed rotation? Can anyone explain in detail or provide a link that I may have over looked explaining what exactly the reason for being unable to take "portrait" pictures?

Lastly, am I the only one experiencing the Maps (or Navigation) app screen going black and having to be killed if you switch to another program or the home screen and back to the Maps app? I've noticed that this is pretty much with all builds of the Google Maps except for the one that comes preinstalled on stock ICS.

Thanks guys! Great ROM. Look forward to future updates!!!

I had the same thing with maps, its a bug in the app from Google. I used titanium backup and removed it, downloaded the older version that had the navigate icon in the app drawer, it works fine!!.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

I know this is an off topic question, but I just purchased another glide, it still has all the stock un-rooted 4.0.4 rom installed. is there a way to extract the complete rom into a flashable zip before I commence rooting and installing kit-kat?

Thanks

grtsarav

Mar 21, 2011
I had the same thing with maps, its a bug in the app from Google. I used titanium backup and removed it, downloaded the older version that had the navigate icon in the app drawer, it works fine!!.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

I know this is an off topic question, but I just purchased another glide, it still has all the stock un-rooted 4.0.4 rom installed. is there a way to extract the complete rom into a flashable zip before I commence rooting and installing kit-kat?

Thanks

nandroid backup using custom recovery...

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
I don't know how but i lost root on the last build. But I got it back by reinstalling super su through recovery with some help . Does this happen if the rom is updated? Can this super su be build into the rom like CM so this will not happen? Just wondering. its a very stable rom an its my daily driver compared to CM 11. Features are being added with every build. soon it will be as powerful as cm 11. Since I don't use most of the features of cm 11 and I wanted an AOSp rom that's wy I went with Omni rom 4.4.2 over CM 11.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

the only thing I mis in Omni rom compared ot CM rom is the ability to answer call with the home button. I wish that feature will be added into Omni rom in future builds. That's a nice feature to have in omnie

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
I don't know how but i lost root on the last build. But I got it back by reinstalling super su through recovery with some help . Does this happen if the rom is updated? Can this super su be build into the rom like CM so this will not happen? Just wondering. its a very stable rom an its my daily driver compared to CM 11. Features are being added with every build. soon it will be as powerful as cm 11. Since I don't use most of the features of cm 11 and I wanted an AOSp rom that's wy I went with Omni rom 4.4.2 over CM 11.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

the only thing I mis in Omni rom compared ot CM rom is the ability to answer call with the home button. I wish that feature will be added into Omni rom in future builds. That's a nice feature to have in omnie

is it possible to use Tinyalsa audio from cm 11 for Omni rom. Will it work or not. I would like ot know before I test this one out. I would like ot have the Skype but having audio issues when using voip apps and so I wa wondering if I could just use Tinyalsa audio from cm 11 for Omni rom an then aht would work. I would like ot know if anyone has tried and if any luck with the theory of it working on Omni rom a its working n cm 11. Just wondering about this one.

taiber2000

Thanks

If you do a nand backup can you share it?

Sent from my SGH-I927 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Om.jpg

Omnirom

Download:
    http://dualhoki.vim.hu/bubor/dev/omnirom4.4/ mirror: http://rpi.bubor.hu/bubor/dev/omnirom4.4
    gapps:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
    from 20131208 gapps is in the main rom zip. ( thanks for Tonyp)

Changelog:
    20131225 working call, working sleep
    20131227 include cm11's apn config file, full wipe or reset defaults in APN settings
    20131228 camera,torch, button light
    20131229: add back camerawrapper
    20131231: wifi fix
    test/20131231: include multi window mode
    20140109: fix OTG storage (thanks karthik050782)
    20140130: omni update
    20140310: wifi tether fix, updates
    20140402: support KSM
    20140607: android 4.4.3, remove gmaps
    20140627: android 4.4.4

changelog can be found here: https://changelog.omnirom.org/ my changelog can be found here: https://github.com/buborh/android_device_samsung_i927/commits/omni

Install
    Read this first.
    You need recovery with fs security label, minimum 2.6.3.1
    TWRP has it.
    Install rom

Issue
    Same as other KK roms, no voip sound, no BT call sound. fix
    not rooted -> install SuperSu
    no keyboard backlight -> install QWERTYled ( you must rooted)
    Capture picture and video has fixed rotation.
    Some app doesnt support our device, try older version, read this for list

You tell me

addons
    Swap internal external sd: http://dualhoki.vim.hu/bubor/dev/change-fstab.zip [alpha version]
    Other tegra 2 base phone:
    samsung galaxy R : https://github.com/Grarak/android_device_samsung_i9103
    moto xoom: https://github.com/Schischu/android_device_moto_wingray
    lg p990: https://github.com/p990-slimrom/android_device_lge_p990

Tonyp's gapps: https://github.com/tonyp/android_vendor_google

Other tegra 2 repos:
    https://github.com/p990-dev

Credits and thanks:
    * Grarak
    * Schischu
    * Tonyp
    * kick buttowski
    * Adam77Root
    * yohan4ws
    * gtmaster303
    * The-Covenant team
    * dman3285
    * thegreatergood
    * spyke555
    As is stated in the thread title, this is an unofficial build, and has a ton of bugs. I suggest you get some logcats of the issues you are having and paste them over at pastebin and send them to bubor.
    Unofficial doesnt mean it has bugs.
    Official build doesnt give you extra things. Just look our pacman, official repo device tree repo is on kick's account, nobody else can write. Its broken most of the time. I keep alive mine, it has gapps inside ( official rules forbid this).
    Just get official support doesnt mean you will get workers.
    Users think official is better then unofficial, its not true for glide.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
    <project name="buborh/kernel_samsung_i927" path="kernel/samsung/i927" remote="github" revision="stock" />
    <project name="buborh/android_vendor_samsung_i927" path="vendor/samsung/i927" remote="github" revision="omni" />
    <project name="android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4" />
    <project name="tonyp/android_vendor_google" path="vendor/google" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project name="buborh/android_device_samsung_i927" path="device/samsung/i927" remote="github" revision="omni" />
    </manifest>
    Automated Fix for audio bug using tasker

People have been facing issues with the audio bug in kitkat which cause many apps including skype and google now (voice) to break.
    now we do have the audio fix by s-strace (thank you so much) which helps out alot but the problem is that you have to manually switch to it. so i figured why not use tasker.
    I have been testing this for a while , and its been working flawlessly ... well atleast tilll you kill tasker..then it reverts back to manually switching the libraries to stock and voip enhanced.

first of all this post is an extension of the skype audio fix for i927 KK by S-Trance : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49346235&postcount=110

to automate this process i have used tasker which for people who may have difficulty using, i will in short explain how.
    You will need the following :
    >>Tasker from Google Play by craftyapps (maybe other automation apps might work idk anything which can automate shell commands)
    >>Terminal Emulator
    >>Root Access

Steps :
    1.install tasker and the audio libraries in the zip by S-trace(read first link above) following his guidelines.. (Omni rom by bubor might already have these pre installed)
    2.install terminal emulator and have root permissions given to tasker and terminal emulator.
    3.after installing tasker you will need to make two conditions(profiles) one which has the condition State>Phone>Call>Set it as any.
    4.create task and click add then Script>Shell > then type in it:
    su
    alsas
    5.create another profile with condition as event>phone>phone idle and set it to use the same task as above.
    6.go to terminal emulator and switch audio stack to voip using same command:
    su
    alsas
    *CHECK THAT THEY ARE VOIP ENGAGED

This should make it so that everytime you recieve or make a call it will switch audio stack to gsm only for the call duration.
    For me this has fixed:
    Google hotword search, google voice, skype,plumble,hangouts and all other voips
    it has also fixed any other audio issues and i do not need to manually switch audio stacks.

It is convininet though please be aware that if tasker gets killed then it will stop auto switching audio stack and the will remain at voip(gsm calls will break)
    to prevent this maybe you can lock tasker in memory and set it as device admin (i find it that helps). also please be careful as this is just a external fix.

as always credits to S-trace and Bubor for their work.