[ROM][4.4.4] SlimKat [m7spr]

Search This thread

bearw815

Aug 8, 2010
AZ
Merge away...no issues here. Only thing I didn't check is Bluetooth as I don't use it.

Everything really. Its a change of kernel (caf based)... Updated device etc. If there are no major issues I'll get it merged after the next stable then we can iron out any small issues in the weekly's.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

nullr1

Oct 4, 2010
Is anyone else having issues with the built in hotspot? It turns on and lets me connect to it but no internet access. Is there a fix? I'd rather not use a 3rd party tether if I could have a simple toggle. On LTE.

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
As I wasn't quite ready for the weekly's I uploaded some builds I did yesterday to :-

http://d-h.st/users/Flinny

Slim-m7-4.4.2.build.4.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140416-1550.zip - All GSM models
Slim-m7vzw-4.4.2.build.4.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140416-1640.zip - Verizon
Slim-m7spr-4.4.2.build.4.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140416-1618.zip - Sprint

Flash at your own risk... as usual :D

Nick.

Tazkaza

Dec 27, 2008
Is there any way I can access the APN settings under mobile network settings? Phone wouldn't activate mobile data after flash and I can't get it to connect to data so I think I'll have to add it all manually, unless someone else knows of a fix

jasonbiggs

Aug 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6a
I've had this before, maybe is why I left AOSP in the past, but is there a fix or solution as to why audio cuts out every 2 minutes or so while playing through bluetooth? Thanks

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
I've had this before, maybe is why I left AOSP in the past, but is there a fix or solution as to why audio cuts out every 2 minutes or so while playing through bluetooth? Thanks

I used to get that with my old Sony BT headset but have not experienced it since I switched to the HTC one... If you can get me a
Logcat of when it cuts out I'll see if I can see anything obvious though.

Reactions: scottspa74

htheod

Nov 22, 2012
I have installed this 2 days ago and the battery life on standby is unbelievable.

With Wifi and Data off and radio only on (calls, sms) it consumes LESS than 1% per hour.
This means that if you fully charge your phone and go to bed you will wake up in the morning with 96% battery.

If you are to take this on a trip with no charger and only use it for signal reception and light use it could potentially go for more than 3 days.
Maybe I am just new to this phone but i find that amazing.

7tehzombi

Jan 29, 2011
I installed about a week ago, and for some reason I am unable to receive MMS, I tried a couple different apps for messaging but none could receive. I could send MMS, and send and receive SMS though. Anyone else had something like that happen?

omni_angel7

Mar 9, 2011
Orlando
I installed about a week ago, and for some reason I am unable to receive MMS, I tried a couple different apps for messaging but none could receive. I could send MMS, and send and receive SMS though. Anyone else had something like that happen?

Make sure you're not using Adblock. I've had it prevent receipt of MMS before.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6

Also, on some AOSP ROMs, I've had to unselect auto-retrieve in MMS settings for MMS to come in. They come in as an attachment, you click 'download' and voila, your MMS shows up. May help here.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

morganlowe

Aug 4, 2007
Hey on my M7 I cant update. Just gives error "Cannot run updater.zip" I treid to get TWRP to export the log to the the SD but it did not. Maybe a permissions error? Any ideas? Thanks

irtrueno

Aug 9, 2009
South Florida
I tried this ROM and it lost signal often, unfortunately. and when signal was present texts didn't want to send. bummer.

anyone else have these issues?

GSE20

Sep 4, 2012
Just flashed stable 5 yesterday and I've been having a few problems with it shutting off whenever the phone got hot. There was still battery, but it just turned off. Also, volume doesn't seem to be that loud on this build and notification light is very dim. Might go back to slimkat 4 for now

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
Just flashed stable 5 yesterday and I've been having a few problems with it shutting off whenever the phone got hot. There was still battery, but it just turned off. Also, volume doesn't seem to be that loud on this build and notification light is very dim. Might go back to slimkat 4 for now

With stock kernel?

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms M7, ROM for the Sprint HTC One

Contributors
    Flinny, SlimRoms
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-13

Created 2014-05-13
    Last Updated 2014-09-28
    As I wasn't quite ready for the weekly's I uploaded some builds I did yesterday to :-

http://d-h.st/users/Flinny

Slim-m7-4.4.2.build.4.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140416-1550.zip - All GSM models
    Slim-m7vzw-4.4.2.build.4.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140416-1640.zip - Verizon
    Slim-m7spr-4.4.2.build.4.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140416-1618.zip - Sprint

Flash at your own risk... as usual :D

Nick.
    I put some new builds of my own up on androidfilehost for all the variants.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=23903 - m7ul
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=23904 - m7spr
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=23905 - m7vzw

Lemme know if they solve any problems :)

Nick.
    I did a test build for the gsm variants that I believe has this fixed, I was just waiting a confirmation before doing the other builds but I'll kick them off anyway.

Any advices to flash this Rom? I'm new here.. Actually whit 4.1.2 stock, twrp and root

I've used it in the past. Very loaded rom but the connection was a bit buggy last time I used it months ago. I'm going to give it another try. Not sure why OP doesn't update the date in the title. When checking for new roms I usually skim the titles to see what is new since the last time I flashed. I hadn't used this in some time because I didn't know they had new versions out. I went on their site to check and there was a stable release just this week.