• HTC Amaze 4G Tough Cases

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

adsinnott1

Dec 15, 2010
Louisville
Getting the ballistic case should arrive next week. Will post back when I get it.

Initial impressions are that it looks like it can survive a fall and has all the ports covered and looks nice. Also it has the 3 holes cut out from the back around the camera that the trident doesn't have. Doesn't seem too bulky either.

Exactly what i was thinking. Please reply back when you receive it with pictures and how you like it. Some are saying that the plastic piece does not secure to the phone all the way. I am hoping that was just that persons and not all of them.
Thanks

tofuwrice

Sep 19, 2011
Just got the case, shipping took forever from US -> Canada.

Ballistic seems to be more leaning to protection first then everything else second. Otterbox does well balancing Appearance/Protection/Bulk that's why it is so popular. It seems to be built with quality materials and they're no fitting issues for me. The 3 holes are not covered in the back so that is a plus over the Trident. It is quite bulky and thick coming from an otterbox on my old phone. Each corner has a bit of a bulge coming out which is suppose to absorb shock when the phone falls. Headphone and USB port are not covered but every other button is. Buttons that are covered are very responsive and feel nice. Not as heavy as I thought it would be which is a good thing, actually quite light. I wouldn't be scared to drop my phone at all. Probably the best case for the Amaze on the market right now. But if Otterbox released a case I would be tempted to buy it.

9.5/10 Protection -0.5 for no usb/headphone cover and camera is a bit exposed.

8/10 Price- I got it for $28 shipped to Canada not bad. Around same for otterbox.

7/10 Bulk- More on the thicker side but lightweight. Not as bulky as Trident I think.

8/10 Appearance- It looks nice and rugged but doesn't have finesse like the otterbox. But it does feel really good in the hands.

10/10 Build Quality/Materials - Seems as if the materials are well made and can stand up to punishment. Lightweight and functional.

Will be subject to editing and more review as I use it. But overall happy with purchase and this case does what it is suppose to do PROTECT my phone.

Reactions: Double0EK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm going to go ahead and make my 1st post. This is a good thread. I think you have a general idea of the best case for the Amaze already. You want to make a smart purchase, and not buy something only to find out next week what you really wanted is just posted. My advice would be make the best decision based on the facts you have already stated; keep us up to date, let us know the pros and cons. Then if anyone else makes a thread like this we can always link them to this post. As it is already quite informative ;)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA App
    Got The Trident Kraken AMS Case w/ Holster (Red)

As you can see in The Pictures Your Phone will look like a heavyweight worry-free drop device.. it has a nice kick stand which will easily break for overtime used but perfect angle as well when in viewing/watching mode..

Will do further review if ever.. :D
    Just got the case, shipping took forever from US -> Canada.

Ballistic seems to be more leaning to protection first then everything else second. Otterbox does well balancing Appearance/Protection/Bulk that's why it is so popular. It seems to be built with quality materials and they're no fitting issues for me. The 3 holes are not covered in the back so that is a plus over the Trident. It is quite bulky and thick coming from an otterbox on my old phone. Each corner has a bit of a bulge coming out which is suppose to absorb shock when the phone falls. Headphone and USB port are not covered but every other button is. Buttons that are covered are very responsive and feel nice. Not as heavy as I thought it would be which is a good thing, actually quite light. I wouldn't be scared to drop my phone at all. Probably the best case for the Amaze on the market right now. But if Otterbox released a case I would be tempted to buy it.

9.5/10 Protection -0.5 for no usb/headphone cover and camera is a bit exposed.

8/10 Price- I got it for $28 shipped to Canada not bad. Around same for otterbox.

7/10 Bulk- More on the thicker side but lightweight. Not as bulky as Trident I think.

8/10 Appearance- It looks nice and rugged but doesn't have finesse like the otterbox. But it does feel really good in the hands.

10/10 Build Quality/Materials - Seems as if the materials are well made and can stand up to punishment. Lightweight and functional.

Will be subject to editing and more review as I use it. But overall happy with purchase and this case does what it is suppose to do PROTECT my phone.