• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
  • Boot into recovery
  • Create a backup
  • Factory reset device
  • Install zip from SD card
  • Reboot and enjoy!

Not Working:

• Screenshots
  • Long pressing edit text boxes causes a hot reboot.
Downloads:

2.9.21 - download MD5: 8a521f5571141eceed7f9ce351d30d62

Changelogs:

ROM Changelog:
  • Added my new OSD Volume app for adding a touch hot spot to bring up an on-screen display with a volume slider
  • New kernel based on HashCodes recent updates including correct power/charging and new ducati
  • Added additional cell layout to launcher settings (you can now go up to a 6x6 grid layout)
  • Added MIUI.us Toolbox (can be used to hide or change the "No Service" text
  • First release for Jellybean MIUI

**** IMPORTANT ****
MIUI does not like the stock 160 density, but google play does not like the density greater than 160 which MIUI needs to work. If you have issues with apps not being compatible, try changing the dpi to 160, clearing google play data and cache and reboot. Once you can access the apps correctly you can go ahead and switch back to a higher DPI. I currently use 180 with good results but you can play with it from the MIUI.us Toolbox Extras tab.

Last edited:

0xD34D

Feb 7, 2009
San Diego
This is the second build of MIUI.us for the Kindle Fire and it is getting better. I am aware that the Phone shows up and you can simply hide that away in a folder for now. It's part of the contacts and requires resigning things to get it to play nice with the system. Right now I am more interested in getting the major stuff worked out and then fine tune the minor things.

Please make sure to follow the instructions in the OP regarding the density issue. This has worked for me thus far and I highly recommend you do it too. MIUI does not like the native 160 dpi setting of our device and there are a few apps that will FC and some layouts just will not look right. Hopefully I can get time to come up with an elaborate way to make it work with our DPI or if we are lucky, miui.com will put some effort into their ROM for tablets.

FYI: The navigation bar height in the MIUI.us Toolbox is currently not implemented in the framework and MiuiSystemUI so you won't see any changes when playing with that. I left it in by mistake but it's there now so I just wanted to give you a heads up before people start complaining about it, although I'm sure with this being the 3rd post in the thread it will probably be overlooked :p.

Last edited:

Thibor69

How can I set DPI back to 160 ? DPI manager is missing and the DPI fix just dissapeard from desktop.

Also how do I set screen #2 as home screen. I have 3 desktop screens but it uses #1 as home.

Cheers

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using XDA Premium HD app

ifyouwant

May 1, 2010
Sai Gon city
How can I set DPI back to 160 ? DPI manager is missing and the DPI fix just dissapeard from desktop.

Also how do I set screen #2 as home screen. I have 3 desktop screens but it uses #1 as home.

Cheers

you need to modify Build.prop and flash it. Why do you back to 160 dpi? I modifed to 240 dpi now, the navbar is so big. My solution is to use "fullscreentooglev2.apk" and "LMT.apk" like gesture to back, home, and .... If you want to back to 160 dpi, here your flash file, flash it with Twrp. http://www.mediafire.com/?dxscxfacln467cu

dw9906

Jun 24, 2010
Terre Haute, IN
www.facebook.com
Fyi, when you're in miui toolbox, and you click to choose a color, and then you press and hold to try and copy the hex code, it results in a reboot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

freestylejunki32

Jan 26, 2012
Seattle
re

Cheers

you dont need to reflash anything. just go into the build.prop with something like root explorer and open it with a text editor. change the dpi value from 200 to 160 then save and exit and reboot. Rom toolbox is handy for this as well becuase you can just go into the build prop editor and use a slider to set the dpi then hit save.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

miuiusanim.gif

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 For Kindle Fire

Installation Instructions:

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a backup
    • Factory reset device
    • Install zip from SD card
    • Reboot and enjoy!

Not Working:

• Screenshots
    • Long pressing edit text boxes causes a hot reboot.
    Downloads:

2.9.21 - download MD5: 8a521f5571141eceed7f9ce351d30d62

Changelogs:

ROM Changelog:
    • Added my new OSD Volume app for adding a touch hot spot to bring up an on-screen display with a volume slider
    • New kernel based on HashCodes recent updates including correct power/charging and new ducati
    • Added additional cell layout to launcher settings (you can now go up to a 6x6 grid layout)
    • Added MIUI.us Toolbox (can be used to hide or change the "No Service" text
    • First release for Jellybean MIUI

**** IMPORTANT ****
    MIUI does not like the stock 160 density, but google play does not like the density greater than 160 which MIUI needs to work. If you have issues with apps not being compatible, try changing the dpi to 160, clearing google play data and cache and reboot. Once you can access the apps correctly you can go ahead and switch back to a higher DPI. I currently use 180 with good results but you can play with it from the MIUI.us Toolbox Extras tab.

This is the second build of MIUI.us for the Kindle Fire and it is getting better. I am aware that the Phone shows up and you can simply hide that away in a folder for now. It's part of the contacts and requires resigning things to get it to play nice with the system. Right now I am more interested in getting the major stuff worked out and then fine tune the minor things.

Please make sure to follow the instructions in the OP regarding the density issue. This has worked for me thus far and I highly recommend you do it too. MIUI does not like the native 160 dpi setting of our device and there are a few apps that will FC and some layouts just will not look right. Hopefully I can get time to come up with an elaborate way to make it work with our DPI or if we are lucky, miui.com will put some effort into their ROM for tablets.

FYI: The navigation bar height in the MIUI.us Toolbox is currently not implemented in the framework and MiuiSystemUI so you won't see any changes when playing with that. I left it in by mistake but it's there now so I just wanted to give you a heads up before people start complaining about it, although I'm sure with this being the 3rd post in the thread it will probably be overlooked :p.
    ** one more since i like the number three **
    Updated to 2.9.21

I've gone ahead and updated to MIUI 2.9.21 and have included the latest 3.0.31+ kernel in the process. Still the same issues with the density and google play compatibility. I've added a setting in the MIUI.us Toolbox to allow you to change the DPI easily though and you can play around with it this way.

I also added a new app that I just started which allows you to overlay a touch "hot-spot" in one of the corners which, when touched, will bring up a volume slider. Since MIUI is closed source this was an easy way to do it and I plan on releasing it on Google Play so it can be used on any ROM and any device. You guys get to be the first to take it for a test drive.
    Running great. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2