Unlocking Solution 2014 HTC TouchPro2 Verizon

Search This thread

TheAH

Mar 6, 2013
www.TheAH.tk
Hello everyone,

I have recently received an HTC Touch Pro 2 Verizon from my friend who is no longer using it. I have T-Mobile and I want to use it on my network. Unfortunately, the phone is locked to Verizon. Does anyone know if there is a way to unlock the phone for free without contacting Verizon? I searched the forums but the ways that were previously used do not work anymore. (For example, Olipro is not active in the community anymore).

Does anyone have a tool that will unlock it? I know there are others on the fora who would like to unlock their devices as well.

Thanks,
TheAH

Elludium_Q-36

Jun 11, 2013
Did You SEARCH The Forum, FIRST?

Aside from the fact that developers and skilled programmers detest noob questions, and end users (lusers); there is the matter of your question being hashed over umpteen times, herein!

Myself, I would rather a crass answer, than to be ignored.

You should really do the prerequisite reading.

Verizon is a CDMA network operator. T-Mobile is GSM.

The TP2 (Touch Pro 2) usually ships WV (World LOCKED), whereas you want WU (World UNLOCKED). This is part of the "radio" firmware, which runs the cellular radios.

The Sprint (CDMA) branded version ships WV and won't even connect/register on a U.S. domestic GSM network. You can't even dial 911!

The handset also has an FM broadcast radio receiver, but it's not operable via the stock ROM.

Yes you need to be security/SIM unlocked, but you must also be World Unlocked, unless you live close enough to Canada or Me-He-Co, to get their GSM signal, and have one of their GSM chip/cards.

Read about HSPL (Hard Secondary Program Loader), WU radio, and WU unlock...

Maybe if you ask the right QUESTIONS, you'll get the right ANSWERS.

Don't forget that the HTC Touch Pro 2 is ANCIENT, in the world of handsets, and developers have mostly moved on to the newer, shinier devices, to get a chance to "brick" them. Many of the needed files have disappeared from here!

By the way... I noticed 188 views of your OP, and but 1 reply, here. Did you happen to notice the tick/checkbox below where you type, before you hit "Submit New Thread"?

You are asked:
...and the tick/checkbox is next to:
Yes, this thread is a Question!

I get kind of bent when I go on Craig's List, looking to be hired, and waste time reading ads of other people ALSO LOOKING FOR WORK, because they posted in the wrong category. On that board, those ads belong in the "services" or "resume's" section, not the "jobs" or "gigs". Here, it seems that 187 other people hoped for a answer, but only found another question, that has already been answered...

Last edited:
Reactions: manic5oul

TheAH

Mar 6, 2013
www.TheAH.tk
Aside from the fact that developers and skilled programmers detest noob questions, and end users (lusers); there is the matter of your question being hashed over umpteen times, herein!

The TP2 (Touch Pro 2) usually ships WV (World LOCKED), whereas you want WU (World UNLOCKED). This is part of the "radio" firmware, which runs the cellular radios.

The Sprint (CDMA) branded version ships WV and won't even connect/register on a U.S. domestic GSM network. You can't even dial 911!

The handset also has an FM broadcast radio receiver, but it's not operable via the stock ROM.

Yes you need to be security/SIM unlocked, but you must also be World Unlocked, unless you live close enough to Canada or Me-He-Co, to get their GSM signal, and have one of their GSM chip/cards.

Don't forget that the HTC Touch Pro 2 is ANCIENT, in the world of handsets, and developers have mostly moved on to the newer, shinier devices, to get a chance to "brick" them. Many of the needed files have disappeared from here!

By the way... I noticed 188 views of your OP, and but 1 reply, here. Did you happen to notice the tick/checkbox below where you type, before you hit "Submit New Thread"?

You are asked:

I get kind of bent when I go on Craig's List, looking to be hired, and waste time reading ads of other people ALSO LOOKING FOR WORK, because they posted in the wrong category. On that board, those ads belong in the "services" or "resume's" section, not the "jobs" or "gigs". Here, it seems that 187 other people hoped for a answer, but only found another question, that has already been answered...
I understand that you need to make other people feel inferior in order to make yourself feel superior. But I believe that you are the true noob here, not only through your limited knowledge about how this device can be unlocked to use on GSM networks IN THE US, but also through your disrespect for other people on these fora. If you want to be rude and disrespectful, go find another forum for idiots who think they know how they can tell others wrong information. Your abysmal 3 posts are worthless and do not contribute to the community. Rather they feed the other trolls lurking behind the curtain of developers who want to share their accomplishments.

You are the stupid and worthless noob that needs to get out of these fora. It seems that 187 other people were smart enough to figure out that you can actually unlock this device. Unfortunately, people like you only hold back human civilization.

If you want to be idiotic about everything, why not be a moderator? Because you cannot. Learn to use your brain first, n00b.

Elludium_Q-36

Jun 11, 2013
Non Cibos Troglodytae!

[size=+1]Ecce, unus troglodytam.

Mirum est quod loquitur lingua communis.

Numquid prodigia nunquam desinet?[/size]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did You SEARCH The Forum, FIRST?

You are asked:
    Yes, this thread is a Question!