S-off for htc desire 816 dual sim

Search This thread

biznusman

Mar 3, 2008
I tried the Sunshine Method but it said HTC DESIRE 816 not compatible.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

I tried The Firewater S-off method but it didn't work. I think it would work with a custom Rom installed. Can someone tell me what is the correct Pacman Rom to download.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Just tried both, I guess there's no way to S-OFF our device yet :/

I think there is a way... Can you help me find the correct Pacman Rom to install on our HTC DESIRE 816... Than I might be able to get S-off.

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

I tried The Firewater S-off method but it didn't work. I think it would work with a custom Rom installed. Can someone tell me what is the correct Pacman Rom to download.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

I think there is a way... Can you help me find the correct Pacman Rom to install on our HTC DESIRE 816... Than I might be able to get S-off.

Theres no PacMan ROM for the 816.

Reactions: jithumon

spiderio

Aug 28, 2009
Jakarta
I think we need exposed to nake link2sd works
Link2sd can't remount second partition automaticly without s-off

Partitionator

Sep 9, 2011
I think we need exposed to nake link2sd works
Link2sd can't remount second partition automaticly without s-off
I think Link2SD only needs S-OFF to install the mount script, once it is installed it should work with s-on too. So you can try to get the mountscript from somwhere and copy it via the recovery to system.

Or another idea I have (haven't tried it yet): The Bootloader grants the recovery write permissions to /system. If you flash your kernel to the recovery Partition an boot from there. Then Link2SD should be able to install its mount script.

seekfind

Nov 17, 2014
Tehran
I think Link2SD only needs S-OFF to install the mount script, once it is installed it should work with s-on too. So you can try to get the mountscript from somwhere and copy it via the recovery to system.

Or another idea I have (haven't tried it yet): The Bootloader grants the recovery write permissions to /system. If you flash your kernel to the recovery Partition an boot from there. Then Link2SD should be able to install its mount script.
it's already solved: http://xdaforums.com/desire-816/development/mod-enable-init-d-stock-kernel-vm-t2987126

cilusk

Aug 8, 2016
Is there a way to get S-OFF without downloading a ROM? I've already rooted my poor phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just tried both, I guess there's no way to S-OFF our device yet :/

Theres no PacMan ROM for the 816.