Moto G as music player only

Search This thread

boss.

Oct 27, 2013
Hey guys, I have the iPod touch 5g (bought it last year) and after getting my note 3, ive come to become a bit annoyed at the iOS ecosystem. Its very nice for some but just isn't for me. Now I barely even touch the iPod, maybe once every two days just to see some notifications.
Can anyone tell me if they think the Moto G would be a good replacement to the Ipod touch? I intend to use it solely as a music player as media viewing is definitely much nicer on the note 3's bigger screen.
If I do end up getting the moto G as a music player, I would just sell my iPod to make up for the price. Pretty much just a swap.
Many thanks in advanced guys.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Little_Tiger

Apr 22, 2008
To give you a short answer. It is possible to do that. There are a few good music player and video player. However 8 GB or 16 GB is not large enough. You lose a lot of storage on the other PHONE programs. Moto G does not have the great sound as iPod or any other mp3 player has. If you are not searching for the perfect high quality sound Moto G can handle it. But if you want perfect high quality sound Moto G is not for you.

For my personal opinion. No don't do it. Moto G was designed to be a phone. And a mp3 player.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

dtsm888

Dec 28, 2013
However 8 GB or 16 GB is not large enough.........If you are not searching for the perfect high quality sound Moto G can handle it. But if you want perfect high quality sound Moto G is not for you.

Newbie from iOS and iPhone here. I recently bought my first android - now use the Moto G at the gym and find it sounds as good as my iPhone.

And I uploaded my entire 25+gb of songs from iTune to google cloud via their music manager app and then connect via wifi to listen to any and all of my music library. Since it's up in the cloud, storage isn't a problem.

Last edited:

boss.

Oct 27, 2013
Newbie from iOS and iPhone here. I recently bought my first android - now use the Moto G at the gym and find it sounds as good as my iPhone.

And I uploaded my entire 25+gb of songs from iTune to google cloud via their music manager app and then connect via wifi to listen to any and all of my music library. Since it's up in the cloud, storage isn't a problem.

Yeah that exactly what I was planning to use it for. Because the Note 3 is a bit too big when at the gym and sometimes falls out of my pocket during my sets which kind of kills the vibe. So I was looking for a nice phone that I can use for music.

To give you a short answer. It is possible to do that. There are a few good music player and video player. However 8 GB or 16 GB is not large enough. You lose a lot of storage on the other PHONE programs. Moto G does not have the great sound as iPod or any other mp3 player has. If you are not searching for the perfect high quality sound Moto G can handle it. But if you want perfect high quality sound Moto G is not for you.

For my personal opinion. No don't do it. Moto G was designed to be a phone. And a mp3 player.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the response. And yeah I didn't actually think of that. Hmm well I really don't really use my Ipod at all so decided to put it up on ebay last night. What phone do you think would be good for it then? I was kind of leaning towards buying an HTC One or a Moto X off ebay second hand. Some of them say that the phone has a bad ESN but I live in Australia. Do you think that would affect me?