[Q] WIFI Problems Galaxy S4 4.4.2 Update

Search This thread

Dvsone504

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a Galaxy S4 (SPH-L720) and I had my phone rooted until the recent update to 4.4.2. Without thinking, I updated my phone to this update when it was downloaded and after I was unable to use WIFI and of course my phone no longer had root access even though SU was still in my apps. When I try to turn WIFI on, I get the Security Message from KNOX "Your phone's security has blocked an action that is not permitted. No further action is required". I then attempted to flash the phone back to stock with Odin and the stock ROM only to receive this error:

<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

So now I am stuck with the update 4.4.2, I am unable to use WIFI, KNOX is back in action, and my phone is no longer rooted... Is there anyway to get my phone back to stock so I can use my WIFI again? Or is there a fix for this? And is there anyway to disable that stupid KNOX crap?

Thanks again.

mguven

Mar 2, 2014
Same issue,

I have the same exact issue WIFI is not working, I did a factory reset, tried to put the factory image odin gave me the same exact error.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a Galaxy S4 (SPH-L720) and I had my phone rooted until the recent update to 4.4.2. Without thinking, I updated my phone to this update when it was downloaded and after I was unable to use WIFI and of course my phone no longer had root access even though SU was still in my apps. When I try to turn WIFI on, I get the Security Message from KNOX "Your phone's security has blocked an action that is not permitted. No further action is required". I then attempted to flash the phone back to stock with Odin and the stock ROM only to receive this error:

<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

So now I am stuck with the update 4.4.2, I am unable to use WIFI, KNOX is back in action, and my phone is no longer rooted... Is there anyway to get my phone back to stock so I can use my WIFI again? Or is there a fix for this? And is there anyway to disable that stupid KNOX crap?

Thanks again.