[ROM][LINARO][29/09/13][4.3]-SentinelROM v5.00-CM10.2 Source - Fast, Stable[GPL]

Search This thread

renegade7879

Apr 21, 2013
In Settings, under Display & Lights there is an option to enable the Screen Off "electron beam" animation. Is this working for anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
In Settings, under Display & Lights there is an option to enable the Screen Off "electron beam" animation. Is this working for anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Confirming the screen lock animation isn't working on mine. To be honest I didn't notice as I normally have it turned off anyway.

renegade7879

Apr 21, 2013
Confirming the screen lock animation isn't working on mine. To be honest I didn't notice as I normally have it turned off anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation. This feature didn't work for me when I was running CM 10.2 nightlies either. I've actually never seen this working on a tablet, but I had it on my last few phones so I wanted to try it out. Not a big deal.

Last edited:

Undgrand

Dec 24, 2012
Hey guys

Awesome Rom! Using it on my galaxy s3 too and actually, i try alot but in the end of the day i always find myself on sentinel rom again. :D:D

Just did a fullwipe and i cant find the option that changes the volume up/down button when you're holding the nexus in landscape or portrait.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you guys :beer::cool:

Edit: is Lockscreen rotation available?

Last edited:

Undgrand

Dec 24, 2012
Great support as always here on xda... :sly:

Already found it. Display&Lights > Rotation

cien12

Feb 17, 2009
I think the developer sold his Nexus 10. I remember a post at facebook.

Try Omnirom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sentinelrom.png

Welcome to SentinelROM for Nexus 10. Based on CM10.2. Android 4.3

main.png

This ROM is based on CyanogenMod 10.2 with all the features you get in a CM10.2 ROM, plus the following features.
    • Compiled with Linaro toolchain for enhanced performance.
    • Aroma Installer for additional tweaks and options
    • Zip Aligned
    • Compiled from latest CyanogenMod 10.2 source
    • Improved Web Browsing performance
    • Improved 3D gaming performance
    • Improved battery life
    • Additional theming and UI customisation
    • FAST support via this page and our Facebook Page

details.png

This ROM has been built to enhance the CyanogenMod 10.2 experience, with faster gaming and web browsing performance (no choppyness in Chrome too!).

Countless hours have been spent making tweaks to settings to squeeze the most performance I can find out of this ROM while still providing excellent battery life and without the dangers of overclocking and kernel level tweaking.

I compile this ROM and Kernel from the latest CyanogenMod source code, add my various tweaks and adjustments, then test for stability, so you get all the benefits of CyanogenMod 10.2, plus my tweaks and extras, all without the instability and inconvenience of flashing CyanogenMod nightlies (which are not designed specifically for the Nexus 10 like my ROM is.

The kernel source is available from the CyanogenMod's GitHub.

screenshots.png

about.png

pie.png

bugs.png

None that I am aware of. Please report any issues in this thread or on the Facebook page.

Note: On CM10.1 ROMs, to access the internal SD card on your device via USB on your PC, please go to "Settings" - "About Tablet" and tap on "Build Number" repeatedly to unlock "Developer Options". Now go to "Developer Options" and enable "Android Debugging".

installation.png

If installing for the first time:

To install this ROM you will need to have an unlocked bootloader and a custom Recovery such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod installed (personally I recommend TWRP, I have had issues with restoring backups using CWM). If you haven't yet unlocked your bootloader and installed a custom recovery, I recommend downloading and installing the Nexus 10 Toolkit.

1. Copy the downloaded SentinelROM zip to your Internal Storage.
    2. Boot into your custom recovery
    3. Back up your stock ROM
    4. Factory Reset and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    5. Wipe System Partition
    6. Install the ROM
    7. Install GAPPS
    8. Reboot. First boot can take up to 5 minutes.

Important: CyanogenMod statics is switched off by default in this ROM. After installation you will be asked if you want to turn it on, please leave it off.

Note: Use of titanium backup to restore apps and data from another ROM is not recommended, and is the source of 90% of user issues, especially when it comes to battery life. Do so at your own risk.

titaniumbackup.jpg

You may flash other kernels as you wish via recovery. Remember to also flash the correct libraries for any 3rd party kernels.Instructions will be given by the Kernel author. NOTE: Updating the ROM via OTA will also overwrite any custom Kernels you have installed.

credits.png

• Thanks very much to all those who have answered my questions through the process of creating my own ROM, you know who you are.
    • CyanogenMod for their outstanding work. Full credit to them for the bulk of this ROM.
    • The Linaro team for their amazing toolchain.

downloads.png

29/09/13:
    SentinelROM v5.00 - ROM and Kernel compiled with Linaro from CyanogenMod 10.2 source

Choose from an increasing range of Premium Themes for SentinelROM here.

Please don't forget to hit the Thanks button too :)

GAPPS
    http://goo.im/gapps >Check the lastest package available on top
    MD5Sum: check the md5 of the files before flashing it

Other Kernels
    For extreme performance, give KTManta Kernel by ktoonsez a go. It improves gaming performance significantly, but your device will get quite hot.
    I'm going to do some more testing and may include it in later builds.

faqs.png

Please visit my FAQ's page before asking questions in the thread. Chances are the answer is already there! I'm always happy to help out with any other questions.

mods.png

NOTE: Unless otherwise stated, the following mods are developed by SentinelROM users and therefore I can only offer limited support for problems caused by using them.

Tablet UI for SentinelROM v4.70 - Kindly donated by SentinelROM user brGabriel - Flash via Recovery. To restore to stock, reflash SentinelROM and wipe cache.

I hope you enjoy my ROM. If you do, please consider a donation to the CyanogenMod team. If you really like my build, please consider a donation to me as well. Donations go towards flowers for my wife so she lets me keep developing, and of course, additional devices so I can add to my list of supported devices.

As always, you flash my ROM at your own risk. By unlocking your bootloader and flashing any custom ROM, you are potentially voiding your warranty. I'm in no way responsible for any damage to your device caused by flashing this ROM or any other tweaks/mods discussed in the following posts.
    changelog.png

New development, announcements and pipeline work will be posted on our Facebook page, so be sure to 'like' us if you like SentinelROM :)

29/09/2013:-
    v5.00 -
    *Compiled with new Linaro toolchain v4.8 for a further performance boost.
    *Updated to latest Mali graphics drivers for improved performance and stability.
    *Updated to latest CM10.2 source (Android 4.3)
    *Adds all the latest CM features.

[NOTE: You must wipe your System and Dalvik caches after upgrading. GAPPS Must be re-installed after updating. Please view the instructions here.

26/06/2013:-
    v4.80 -
    *Compiled with new Linaro toolchain v4.8 for a further performance boost.
    *Updated to latest Mali graphics drivers for improved performance and stability.
    *Updated to latest CM10.1 source (Android 4.2.2)
    *Adds all the latest CM features.

[NOTE: You must wipe your System and Dalvik caches after upgrading. GAPPS Must be re-installed after updating. Please view the instructions here.
    Updated TabletUI for SentinelROM v4.60

Here ya go, gents! Freshly updated TabletUI patch for SentinelROM v4.60 as a token of my appreciation for Sentinel196's hard work on the ROM.

DP68kM7.jpg

Download Link: SentinelROM_v4_60-tabletUI.zip

Once again, this mod is presented "As is". I cannot take requests for additional theming, tweaking, twerking, or "dropping it like its hot". ;)
    SentinelROM v4.60 is here!

This update includes new Mali graphics drivers, as well as some other improvements and fixes:

22/05/2013:-
    v4.60 -
    *Compiled with Linaro toolchain for a huge performance boost.
    *Updated to latest Maki graphics drivers for improved performance and stability.
    *Updated to latest CM10.1 source (Android 4.2.2)
    *Fixes to Camera
    *Fixes to Apollo
    *Fixes to Clock

Enjoy!
    There’s a lot of hype in the XDA forums recently around Linaro Toolchain.

Linaro Toolchain is used when compiling a ROM and supposedly gives large performance increases over ROMs which are compiled in the traditional manner.

I decided to put it to the test by recompiling my existing SentinelROM v4.40 source code for Nexus 10 using the Linaro Toolchain, then running a series of tests using the standard ROM and kernel, as well as the ROM and kernel compiled with Linaro.

See the results here in this video, all filmed in one take.