OmniROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

guisar

Sep 11, 2010
Anyone using wifi tethering and are dacs supported? Would test and answer for myself if it were not such a pita to revert back to jb from kk....

tapa_talk 4 sucks

dbiehl1979

Jun 1, 2009
No cell service

Ok, so weird issue. I was running the team venum modded stock 4.3 rom, with the mk4 radio. I installed that with clockwork mod. I had been keeping an eye out for Omnirom, and saw that it had been released for the sprint galaxy note 2, and thought I would try it. I installed the 1-29 nightly using CWM, installed and worked great. I was looking around and did the update firmware in the settings menu and it found the 1-30 nightly. I downloaded and it stated that it needed TWRP to install from there. Fine, I download goomanager from the store and do the install open recovery script. It does its thing and installs twrp. I then update the 1-30 nightly and reboot. When it boots everything is fine, except that I have no radio. I look under the about phone, and it says unknown under baseband. I reboot and try a full system wipe and reflash 1-29. still no service. I try flashing 3 different modems. nothing. I reflash team venum 4.3 modded rom, and i have cell service. reflash Omni, and i get no service. (i did full wipes including davlik, cache, etc.)

any ideas?

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Ok, so weird issue. I was running the team venum modded stock 4.3 rom, with the mk4 radio. I installed that with clockwork mod. I had been keeping an eye out for Omnirom, and saw that it had been released for the sprint galaxy note 2, and thought I would try it. I installed the 1-29 nightly using CWM, installed and worked great. I was looking around and did the update firmware in the settings menu and it found the 1-30 nightly. I downloaded and it stated that it needed TWRP to install from there. Fine, I download goomanager from the store and do the install open recovery script. It does its thing and installs twrp. I then update the 1-30 nightly and reboot. When it boots everything is fine, except that I have no radio. I look under the about phone, and it says unknown under baseband. I reboot and try a full system wipe and reflash 1-29. still no service. I try flashing 3 different modems. nothing. I reflash team venum 4.3 modded rom, and i have cell service. reflash Omni, and i get no service. (i did full wipes including davlik, cache, etc.)

any ideas?

The advice to use TWRP is for all devices...not L900 specific...it is widely known that TWRP hates 4.4 ROMs, and flashing 4.4 ROMs with TWRP results in no radio service on the L900 Note2.

Use PhilZ or CWM.

dbiehl1979

Jun 1, 2009
The advice to use TWRP is for all devices...not L900 specific...it is widely known that TWRP hates 4.4 ROMs, and flashing 4.4 ROMs with TWRP results in no radio service on the L900 Note2.

Use PhilZ or CWM.

Excellent, thank you very much. That did the trick. :good:

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Use PhilZ or CWM.

Just wanted to say thanks again! I've been out of the rom flashing game since my hero a few years back, and this was really messing with my head. :eek:

DatBoiJeremy

Jun 5, 2012
killeen
Great rom with all the features I like. Just one question. On the tiles part, how do you delete a tile from the menu? I know how to move them, just not take away.

Handled

Jul 3, 2013
Great rom with all the features I like. Just one question. On the tiles part, how do you delete a tile from the menu? I know how to move them, just not take away.

If you just press once, the tile will reduce in size. Then when you're done configuring and press the config button (which is now the return to tile mode button), they'll be gone. At least, that's how it's done on my i605.

Last edited:

davesbest

Feb 21, 2011
Having this exact problem... Don't know why.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You will need to re-flash the latest SuperSU, which I believe is version 1.91, or, if you are using Philz Touch 6, you can reboot to recovery and choose "Philz Settings," then "Re-root System." You may have to re-install Super SU from the Play Store after flashing.

Mephistonian

Nov 15, 2011
Everett
Quick question, what gapps is everyone using / succeeding with?

It would seem that 4.4 roms only play well with select gapps packages.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

iwould4adollar

Dec 31, 2008
Quick question, what gapps is everyone using / succeeding with?

It would seem that 4.4 roms only play well with select gapps packages.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I use Paranoid Android's micro gapps. Grab extras from the Playstore and they can get greenified. Easy peasy.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

doubleu

Jun 8, 2006
Coming from CM11, and then a couple-week stint on GreyFox, I have 2 interface questions:

1) Are the optional toggle buttons that were above the notifications but below the notification title, depreciated and gone from all roms from this point forward?
I've already gotten used to having "center" quick pulldown, so forget this question

2) I can't seem to find a way to add bold hours/weather/etc. to the lockscreen?
Discovered the lockscreen stuff under the 'security' settings menu, and found Chronus in the play store.

Last edited:

guisar

Sep 11, 2010
On Omni's page they talk about mulitwindow being up to the individual dev who brings it to each device. Is it possible to get that added in the future, or is that going to be up to Omni?

Sounds like the dev team is making a lot of progress on mw for everyone but in the meanwhile the xhalowindows module in xposed is pretty fully featured. I had issues when I tried the notification helper but otherwise it's resizeable, movable and has a ton of options. Love it.

tapa_talk 4 sucks

Reactions: altimuh

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
while you guys are enjoying the awsomeness of Android 4.4.2 im still stuck with Crappy Mk4 4.3 touchwiz which pisses me off. i made a post about it a while back and no one cared to help me as i provided as much info as possible. the rom flashes through i did google apps and bam it gets stuck at boot regardless of me wiping after flashing it still gets stuck at bootloop it wont go past the animation of any KK rom

Funny thing is android 4.2.2 works perfect any aosp 4.2.2 but 4.4 doesnt at all

damnitdave

Nov 12, 2010
What recovery are you using, and which gapps are you flashing?

while you guys are enjoying the awsomeness of Android 4.4.2 im still stuck with Crappy Mk4 4.3 touchwiz which pisses me off. i made a post about it a while back and no one cared to help me as i provided as much info as possible. the rom flashes through i did google apps and bam it gets stuck at boot regardless of me wiping after flashing it still gets stuck at bootloop it wont go past the animation of any KK rom

Funny thing is android 4.2.2 works perfect any aosp 4.2.2 but 4.4 doesnt at all

zachdees

Oct 26, 2011
What recovery are you using, and which gapps are you flashing?

im using Clockwork mod recovery 6.0.4.3 the latest. ive returned the phone back to stock like 5 times trying to fix the issue ive let the phone boot on the animation for 1 whole day and still sticks to animation i dont flash any google apps until i see the home screen which i havnt at all.
Omni rom works fine if you dont use CWM You wont have data which deosnt make since. its funny that Omni rom works perfect but Cyanogemod 4.4.2 doesnt booot at all nor does any aosp rom except for this one. really starting to make me mad
im at the point of selling my phone and getting the note 3 or Nokia 2510

rallaster

Mar 9, 2008
Indy suburb
No GPS?

Well, this makes ROM #4 of the KK AOSP flavor that has failed me with GPS. Seriously don't want to go back to JB TW... :/

Figure I may as well throw my flashing steps up here.

Running Philz Touch, I boot into recovery and Wipe Data/Factory reset and click "Clean to Install a New ROM". Then I Wipe Data/Factory Reset as well as Wipe Cache. Then I flashed the omni-4.4.2-20140213-l900-NIGHTLY.zip. Booted up and ran through the setup. Rebooted and installed GPS Status and Tools app. Updated A-GPS data and attempted to get GPS lock. Waited 5 minutes and the GPS satellite location information wasn't showing any satellites in view. Went outside to try to get a lock and no change.

Any advice?

Last edited:

doubleu

Jun 8, 2006
Well, this makes ROM #4 of the KK AOSP flavor that has failed me with GPS. Seriously don't want to go back to JB TW... :/

Figure I may as well throw my flashing steps up here.

Running Philz Touch, I boot into recovery and Wipe Data/Factory reset and click "Clean to Install a New ROM". Then I Wipe Data/Factory Reset as well as Wipe Cache. Then I flashed the omni-4.4.2-20140213-l900-NIGHTLY.zip. Booted up and ran through the setup. Rebooted and installed GPS Status and Tools app. Updated A-GPS data and attempted to get GPS lock. Waited 5 minutes and the GPS satellite location information wasn't showing any satellites in view. Went outside to try to get a lock and no change.

Any advice?

(If you've already tried this, I apologize, but...) Do you have a TouchWiz rom you can nandroid-restore back to, to do a Profile update, PRL update, and obtain a GPS lock with?

rallaster

Mar 9, 2008
Indy suburb
(If you've already tried this, I apologize, but...) Do you have a TouchWiz rom you can nandroid-restore back to, to do a Profile update, PRL update, and obtain a GPS lock with?

I hadn't tried flashing back to TW. I didn't know if there were any special requirements to go back to 4.3JB. (I remember I flashed back to TW got a lock and then flashed back to AOSP and GPS is working. I was concerned about issues flashing back to TW4.3 and was hesitant because I got burned on my S2 flashing from JB back to ICS because of partition and bad PIT chip issues which resulted in a hard brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** If you are interested in taking over the project, pm me **

Offical Site
    XDA Forums
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook
    IRC(User)
    JIRA

Disclaimer
    Flash at your OWN Risk

How to Install
    Install TWRP
    Factory Reset
    Format System
    Install ROM
    Install Google Apps
    Install SuperSU

How to Update
    Goto SuperSU -> Settings -> Install SuperSU backup script
    Goto Settings -> About phone -> System Updates -> Check now
    This will download and install latest OTA

DOWNLOAD
    TWRP
    ROM
    Google Apps
    SuperSU

Known Issues

Developer Stuff
    COMPILE YOURSELF
    Github
    Gerrit
    IRC(Dev)
    Changelog

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    UtkarshGupta, XpLoDWilD, Entropy512, OmniROM Team
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: SPH-L900
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nightlies

Created 2014-04-10
    Last Updated 2014-12-08
    Hello everybody.
    Since slick_rick has sold his note 2, I'll be taking over this thread soon.
    I am trying to consolidate all t0lte variants into one.
    Please test: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51583240
    Just test as much as you can, but only with stock kernel.
    It might make custom kernels incompatible, but I'll work it out.

Many yet to be merged awesome features like Multiwindow are included in this build. Multiwindow not exactly like samsung. Look for info in post I linked.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    New build is uploaded. Data is working now without any issues or tweaks.
    Try it and give me a list of everything that is working and not working.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Good news!
    1)Closed source camera blob has been merged.
    What does this mean ? This means a very stable camera + much faster.
    2)Sensor fix has also been merged into builds. So you don't need to flash it.
    Also, I highly recommend either formating /system (not data) & manually flashing next build when it comes out, or you may run into problems.
    This will not effect any of your data. Just flash latest build, gapps, supersu.
    Next build will reflect new changes :)
    I noticed the last 2 nightlies and md5s don't have any size, as in 0 kb. Anybody know why and when it'll be fixed?
    Nightlies will continue starting tomorrow.